Author Topic: Unforgettable Fire: Re-Release October 2009  (Read 52386 times)

God, Part II

Re: Unforgettable Fire: Re-Release October 2009
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2009, 07:28:11 AM »
It's oficial!!!

Well, according to that link, the release is now official but we still have no confirmation of the tracklisting...

slaneman

« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2009, 11:15:19 PM »
From Universal Music Group European New Releases

'The Unforgettable Fire' Remastered

17/09/2009

We are very excited to finally announce the 25th Anniversary release of U2’s fourth album “The Unforgettable Fire”, which will be available internationally in four formats on 26th October 2009.

The special remastered release marks 25 years since the album's original release in October 1984. Recorded at Slane Castle, Ireland, The Unforgettable Fire was the first U2 album to be produced by Brian Eno and Danny Lanois, and spawned two top 10 UK singles – “Pride (In The Name Of Love)” and “The Unforgettable Fire”.

Special formats of The Unforgettable Fire will also feature bonus audio material, including two previously unheard tracks from the Slane Castle sessions: “Yoshino Blossom”, and “Disappearing Act” (a track which the band recently completed), and a DVD including music videos, a documentary and unreleased live footage from the Amnesty International Conspiracy of Hope Tour in 1986.  The Unforgettable Fire has been remastered from the original audio tapes, with direction from The Edge.

http://www.umusic.co.uk/News/NewsItem.aspx?id=603

morgan1098

« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2009, 12:20:29 AM »
Still. No. Official. Tracklist.  :(

Andrey_VI

« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2009, 02:24:26 AM »
Official track listing for the bonus album:

The Unforgettable Fire Bonus Audio CD.

Disappearing Act
A Sort of Homecoming (live)
Bad (live)
Love Comes Tumbling
The Three Sunrises
Yoshino Blossom
Wire (Kervorkian Remix)
Boomerang I
Pride (In The Name of Love)
A Sort of Homecoming
11 O'Clock Tick Tock
Wire (Celtic Dub Mix)
Basa Trap
Boomerang II
4th of July
Sixty Seconds in Kingdom Come

http://fan.u2.com/news/title/unforgettable-bonus

Andrey_VI

« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2009, 05:27:39 AM »
...and DVD:
And The Unforgettable Fire DVD Collection looks like this:

The Unforgettable Fire
Directed by Meiert Avis

Bad
Directed by Barry Devlin

Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Directed by Donald Cammell

A Sort Of Homecoming
Directed by Barry Devlin

The Making Of The Unforgettable Fire - documentary
Directed by Barry Devlin

Additional Material

U2 at A Conspiracy Of Hope Concert
1. MLK
2. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
3. Bad
Recorded live at Giants Stadium, New Jersey, USA, 15th June 1986

U2 at Live Aid
1. Sunday Bloody Sunday 2. Bad
Recorded live at Wembley Stadium, 13th July 1985

Pride (In The Name Of Love) - Sepia version
Directed by Donald Cammell

11 O'Clock Tick Tock - Bootleg version
Live from Croke Park, Dublin, Ireland, 29th June 1985

falling at your feet

« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2009, 06:12:11 AM »
The bonus CD tracklisting is good, 2 previously unreleased tracks, and two rare Wire remixes, I can't complain.

For the DVD,It's disapointing there was no full concert from the period, maybe the November '84 Dortmund concert will get released like the one from Germany in 1983 did.
http://idealcopy.american-data.net//Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=030309992997

Both were broadcast on German TV, so you never know. It looks like there is an ownership issue over the rights.

George

« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2009, 08:08:32 AM »
Overall I am pleased with the bonus tracklisting.  However, I am very disappointed that the alternate vocal version of Love Comes Tumbling is not included.  Unlike some alternate edit of something (like the false start version), it's a true treasure given how unique it is.

What do we suppose the version of A Sort of Homecoming is?  From the same Australian 12"?  It'd sure be odd to include this but not the alternate vocal version of LCT.

I'm not suprised that Maggie's Farm wasn't included, but it is from the TUF era.

I'm glad to see the Wire Dub Mix there.  How did it get called Celtic Dub?  On the NME 7", it's just "Dub Mix".  I always thought that "Celtic Dub" was just a more interesting name made up by bootleggers.

I've never heard of the Kevorkian Mix of Wire.  Where'd that come from?  A sanctioned but unreleased mix?  Does this mean that Wire was at some point being considered as a potential single?  I do remember hearing it on the radio, it was that good.

Regarding the DVD, what a disappointment.  Why not the full Conspiricy of Hope show?  It was pretty short.  And yes, Of course I'd like a full real show.  This is a very underwhelming bonus, given that most of it was already available.

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2009, 09:19:23 AM »
I pretty much agree with George on every point.  ;D

So that 11 O'Clock Tick Tock Video, is this the one from the 1987 Video Sampler Promo?

And hopefully they won't talk over the end of Bad at Live Aid like they did on the Live Aid DVD.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 09:21:03 AM by Brad »

Trevor

« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2009, 09:55:06 AM »
So that 11 O'Clock Tick Tock Video, is this the one from the 1987 Video Sampler Promo?

the one from that vhs was from leixlip castle 1980, video footage only, the audio was the studio version...

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2009, 12:13:40 PM »
OK, I guess I don't know what this "bootleg version" is then.

MartinTexas

« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2009, 01:16:27 PM »
Overall I am pleased with the bonus tracklisting.  However, I am very disappointed that the alternate vocal version of Love Comes Tumbling is not included.  Unlike some alternate edit of something (like the false start version), it's a true treasure given how unique it is. [...]
I agree with you, others versions, are only edit of false start version. But we don't know which version of LCT the remastered  ;) Sometimes they make mistakes, but it's a small chance. Maybe they don't know or don't remember that other version was released? Like October (Soundtrack Remix)...

I'm not suprised that Maggie's Farm wasn't included, but it is from the TUF era.
It's very annoying that they omit every cover on most of theirs releases and even cut out snippets  ??? >:(  Maybe they cut Bad from Live Aid? Thay could release Maggie's Farm from East R. on DVD.  :(

[...]
Regarding the DVD, what a disappointment.  Why not the full Conspiricy of Hope show?  It was pretty short.  And yes, Of course I'd like a full real show.  This is a very underwhelming bonus, given that most of it was already available.
They chose Conspiracy show without NYD, and with Bad without any snippets  :( Where is SBS from East R.? Where is Sun City? One of the most important song of that tour!  ??? It's very sad.

Why they only have 11 O'Clock from Croke? Look at this site:
http://www.rte.ie/laweb/ll/ll_t19a.html
"The Jacks Are Back"
U2 return to Croke Park for their first Dublin gig in two years. An audience of almost 60,000 are there to welcome the band back to their home town.
Try to watch the stream from this programme:
rtsp://streaming2.rte.ie/2009/laclips/t19/t19_first_jacks_tv.rm

We could see band comeing on the stage and I Will Follow filmed by 3 or 4 cameras. It's not only one camera from TV, but more camers that could record full show. So TV have I Will Follow, but U2 not ??? Maybe TV or someone else have more songs.

On the other hand is Dortmund. Maybe German TV have some rights over this record? But U2 could put some money for this record. I agree to that Super Deluxe cost much but have a full show UF Tour. Without this it's much worse than TJT SDeluxe. They add many videos, but where is third version of Pride??
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 01:17:59 PM by MartinTexas »

Z000

• And I have no reasons, no reasons to get back
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2009, 05:10:03 PM »
I assume the unspecified A Sort of Homecoming is the Danny Lanois Remix morgan1098 mentioned. Though his source doesn't list their own source, all the other tracks on their list match up with U2.com's list.

I also agree that we won't know for sure which version of Love Comes Tumbling was remastered, though it's wishful thinking that the alternate vocal version. Given that the version on The Complete U2 was the false start version, I expect we'll get that one again.

Manos73

« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2009, 03:08:39 PM »
For 50 bucks this is a bit of a rip as far as I'm concerned.  Just compare this box to the Joshua Tree box: 3 new songs, 2 very rare songs, an entire new full concert DVD. 

UF we just get 2 new songs, 1 hard to fine remix and 5 live songs most of us already owned good quality recordings of before. 

Is it a welcome addition to our collection?  Of course.  Is it worth 5 bucks a song/track?  U2 has this habit of screwing its biggest fans and this is another example. 

Trevor

« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2009, 09:14:26 AM »
unpacking the cd video from u2tour.de...

http://dailymotion.virgilio.it/video/xatwe8_unpacking-the-unforgettable-fire-cd_music

next week, on 23th, it will be on sale here...

God, Part II

« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2009, 12:25:35 PM »
Had to stop watching after he pulled the CD out with his fingertips, assuredly leaving prints all over the disc, then laid it right down on its data side! (*shudder*)  I'm a bit of a freak when it comes to that kind of careless treatment of something so precious.  By the way, totally unrelated, I'm seeing U2 360º tonight in Norman, OK!  I just had to "say" it out loud!!!  ;D