Author Topic: Unforgettable Fire: Re-Release October 2009  (Read 52162 times)

bobni

Re: Unforgettable Fire: Re-Release October 2009
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2009, 01:53:03 PM »
The Unforgettable Fire will be released in the same way as The Joshua Tree, by that I mean the superdeluxe version 2cd+dvd.

As we all know The Joshua Tree came with a live performance from Paris, which I never knew had been taped at all.
Anyone know or guess which Unforgettable Fire Tour concert is likely to appear in this box set?
I hope they're not gonna turn The Unforgettable Fire VHS release as a dvd in this box since it's already included on the U2 Go Home DVD.

morgan1098

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2009, 03:37:12 PM »
From the Interference forum:

u2 tour.de says that Bono and Edge, in an interview with the BBC radio 1, said there will be a old-new song on the remaster. They wrote it with Lanois in 1983 but never finished, and they added vocals 6 months ago. Original title White City, now it's called "(You do your) Disappearing Act".

Interview is here (with the comments about the UF remaster around the 1:38:25 mark):
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00m3zzc/Edith_Bowman_Lunch_with_Bono/

They also play around :30 to 1:00 of the song...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 03:42:38 PM by morgan1098 »

God, Part II

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2009, 08:06:35 PM »
Well that sounds about a thousand times better than that "Angels Tied Too Close to the Ground" shit...

slaneman

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2009, 10:10:23 PM »
Well that sounds about a thousand times better than that "Angels Tied Too Close to the Ground" shit...

I agree. I never understood half of what Bono was whispering on that song.  :D

I'm hoping they release the full video from Dortmund--the band was tight, the crowd was intense, you got an excellent early version of Bad, a blazing Electric Co. with Amazing Grace snippet, Bono climbing up to the seats and getting mugged by a cute German girl, leather pants and the extreme bluish streaked mullet, Adam with a lumberjack shirt, Edge with hair....and a wonderful version of TUF---c'mon....release the whole video!!!

God, Part II

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2009, 09:53:06 AM »
Of course, if the song formerly known as "White City" is our new-old track, then I fear our wishes of seeing an official release of "Be There" may be dashed...  :(

Z000

• And I have no reasons, no reasons to get back
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2009, 08:52:51 PM »
Of course, if the song formerly known as "White City" is our new-old track, then I fear our wishes of seeing an official release of "Be There" may be dashed...  :(

Hey, The Joshua Tree re-release had a new-old recording of Wave of Sorrow as well as Desert of Our Love, Rise Up, and Drunk Chicken, which were just old recordings. I figure the only reason the War re-release had just one previously unreleased song was just because they didn't have any others, at least none others worth releasing.

Don't lose hope yet.

God, Part II

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2009, 09:31:35 PM »
Don't lose hope yet.

Bless you...you've put the lymon back in my Sprite!

morgan1098

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2009, 01:44:19 PM »
Why is there no track listing for the deluxe/super deluxe version of UF yet?  There's just a little over a month to go until the release date!  :(

jcroach

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2009, 09:10:23 AM »

Not sure if this is official.

CD Principal e Vinil 12":

- A Sort Of Homecoming
- Pride (In The Name Of Love)
- Wire
- The Unforgettable Fire
- Promenade
- 4th Of July
- Bad
- Indian Summer Sky
- Elvis Presley & America
- MLK

CD Bonus:

- 11 O'Clock Tick Tock (Unreleased Version)
- Bass Trap
- Boomerang I
- Boomerang II
- Love Comes Tumbling
- 60 Seconds In Kingdom Come
- The Three Sunrises
- Sunday Bloody Sunday (Live Live Aid)
- Bad (Live Live Aid)
- Walk On The Wild Side
- Ruby Tuesday
- Satellite Of Love
- Disappearing Act (Unreleased Track)
- Yoshino Blossom (Unreleased Track)

DVD:

- Dormund Westfallhen November 1984
- The Barry Devlin Slane Document
- U2 At Cospiracy Of Hope
- U2 At Live Aid
- Unforgettable Fire Ducumer (Barry Delvin)

morgan1098

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2009, 09:25:25 AM »
This seems pretty official to me.  At the same time, I'm stunned that they didn't put the long single version of Pride on Disc 2.  Also the WAIA tracks are missing and Wire (Celtic Dub).  But if that's really the Live AID version of Bad on there, they obviously had to omit some stuff since that song is so incredibly long.

The DVD sounds interesting too.

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2009, 01:00:23 PM »
Where is the Australian 12" version of Love Comes Tumbling?  ???

I was really banking on that track being on b-sides disc. Oh well, I guess you can't have everything.

morgan1098

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2009, 01:18:32 PM »
Maybe it's possible that a couple of other tracks will find their way onto Disc 2.  I remember that the original "official" track listing for the War reissue only had 10 tracks on disc 2.  The final 2 tracks (the live b-sides from Werchter) didn't start showing up in the track listing until a couple of weeks before the album was actually released.

Z000

• And I have no reasons, no reasons to get back
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2009, 03:21:49 PM »
Satellite of Love?? Did they do it live or something? It'd be weird if they have two separate recordings of a cover, especially so far apart.
Would the "unreleased version" of 11 O'Clock be the long version from the Pride single? Because that obviously has been released.
Has anybody ever heard of Yoshino Blossom?
I love new tracks, but I wish there were more originals instead of three covers. But hey, at least they're not remixes.

@Brad: Who's to say that version of Love Comes Tumbling isn't the Australian version?

I agree about the long version of Pride. After first hearing that, the album release didn't feel right any more.
In general, there's a lot of good stuff from this era. They probably could've released two bonus discs of material if they included all the b-sides and alternate versions, plus the unreleased material listed and unlisted.

I'm taking that track list with a grain of salt, not because I'm suspicious of it but just out of principle. It's still early, so even if that's an official press release it's subject to change.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 03:26:58 PM by Z000 »

morgan1098

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2009, 04:01:08 PM »
Satellite of Love and the other cover songs are likely just "snippets" from the Live Aid version of Bad.  So the track listing would actually look like this... only 11 tracks:

1. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock (Unreleased Version)
2. Bass Trap
3. Boomerang I
4. Boomerang II
4. Love Comes Tumbling
6. 60 Seconds In Kingdom Come
7. The Three Sunrises
8. Sunday Bloody Sunday (Live Aid)
9. Bad/Walk on the Wild Side/Ruby Tuesday/Satellite of Love (Live Aid)
10. Disappearing Act (Unreleased Track)
11. Yoshino Blossom (Unreleased Track)

The single version of Pride NEEDS to be on there!

MartinTexas

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2009, 12:27:34 PM »
Hello! I hope that isn't really track listing.  ??? Nice to see on CD2 11 O'Clock Long Version & Band Aid Tracks, but where are:
Pride (SV) - they added WTSHNN (SE) to TJT Anniversary, so I think they add this version too
A Sort of Homecoming (Live from Wembley) & Bad (Live)  from Wida Awake. A Sort was on TUF Single so I'm sure they add this also.
4th of July (Long Version)?? - I hope they know that is another edit than album track.  :-\
And Wire (Dub Version) - they add to October CD2 Tomorrow (CG Remix), so they should add this track to TUF re-release also.  :-\

Yoshino Blossom - ??  ??? Maybe Be There official name  ;)

Instead of Live Aid track on CD2 (which should be on DVD) they could add more unreleased tracks and Live tracks - i.e. Indian Summer Sky or Wire.  ::)

From u2.com:
Edit: "a DVD including music videos, a documentary and unreleased live footage from the Amnesty International Conspiracy of Hope Tour in 1986."
 :( >:( Only.......

"also feature bonus audio material, including two previously unheard tracks from the Slane Castle sessions: 'Yoshino Blossom', and 'Disappearing Act'"
and it's true title...

And: http://www.u2gigs.com/show921.html
"it will be officially released as part of the super deluxe edition of The Unforgettable Fire remaster in late October 2009."
???
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 12:29:25 PM by MartinTexas »