Author Topic: Unforgettable Fire: Re-Release October 2009  (Read 52188 times)

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
Re: Unforgettable Fire: Re-Release October 2009
« Reply #105 on: December 03, 2011, 03:17:30 AM »

*Obviously, DVDs can be a problem because you'll probably get PAL discs rather than NTSC discs.

A couple cool things:
*The price you see on amazon.uk includes Value-Added Tax (VAT) that is only applicable to UK residents.  Add the item to your cart, and if you're outside the UK you'll see the price is actually quite a bit lower than what was listed.
*To find out what your "grand total" will be, just add the items to your cart, but obviously don't hit the "Pay" button yet.  Then go to www.xe.com/ucc, and you can do a currency conversion to see what you'll pay in US dollars.  In almost every case, the same item on amazon.uk will be significantly cheaper than buying it as an "import" through amazon.com.

Thanks for the feedback, guys.  I really appreciate it.  That info about the DVDs . . . . PAL versus NTSC . . . . . is very important.  Thanks for giving me the detailed step-by-step procedures for the shopping cart/grand total stuff.  It will come in handy if I ever decide to buy music CDs from Amazon (UK).
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 04:54:44 PM by columbiaeagle »

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
Re: Unforgettable Fire: Re-Release October 2009
« Reply #106 on: December 07, 2011, 02:23:53 AM »
I received my 2-CD/1-DVD Edition of The Unforgettable Fire.  I'm putting the CDs and the DVD with my U2 section on the shelf that stores all my CDs.  I'm not interested in keeping the box and the 5 photographic prints.  If anybody wants them, send my forum profile a message with your mailing address.  I will mail them to you for free.  This offer will be good until December 31, 2011.  At that point, I will try to give them away at some other U2 fan website.  I'm posting this because I know that other people's boxes may have been damaged during shipment and this is a way to help them out.  I'm also willing to send just the 5 photographic prints if that's all you want.