Author Topic: Unforgettable Fire: Re-Release October 2009  (Read 52372 times)

miryclay

Re: Unforgettable Fire: Re-Release October 2009
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2009, 12:54:47 PM »
That must be the third version of A sort of Homecoming. Has that ever been released? I've never heard it.

Z000

• And I have no reasons, no reasons to get back
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2009, 03:22:13 PM »
unpacking the cd video from u2tour.de...

http://dailymotion.virgilio.it/video/xatwe8_unpacking-the-unforgettable-fire-cd_music

next week, on 23th, it will be on sale here...

Okay, I'm officially stoked.

slaneman

« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2009, 08:43:50 PM »
I'm only guessing, of course, but I think the Kervorkian 12" Vocal Remix will sound beefed up, with a longer intro, and will use the album vocal with one small change:

Cold these eyes, I can't believe it
So deep inside a cold fire
Cold, this heart is slow...

becomes

So deep inside a cold fire
Cold, this heart is slow...

so the first line is dropped for some curious reason...  :-X

bobni

« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2009, 12:56:53 PM »
Just heard the 'new' tracks.

Disappear Here (4:34): nice song except the vocals are recorded in 2009 while the rest was recorded in 1984. This shows the same way as it did on the other 'rediscovered' songs of the 'War' and 'Joshua Tree' remasters.

Yoshino Blossom (3:39): pretty fast song for an instrumental one, better than the other instrumental releases from this era.

Wire (Kevorkian 12" Vocal Remix") (5:12): exactly as Slaneman described; longer and beefed up, except the vocal change is:
 Cold these eyes, I can't believe it
 Cold, this heart is slow
The second line is left out...

A Sort Of Homecoming (3:17): Very nice remix by Daniel Lanois, shorter than the album version and starts with a cappella vocals of the 'o come away' bit.

Wire (Celtic Dub Mix) (4:35): never heard this one before, nice remix, at times identical to the Kevorkian Remix.

All in all; nice additions to the bonus disc of The Unforgettable Fire.
Unfortunately, the Australian versions of ASOH and LCT are definitely NOT on this album.

morgan1098

« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2009, 08:22:31 AM »
FWIW, Best Buy's site (USA) is listing the super-deluxe set at only 39.99 with free shipping, which blows away amazon's price of $55.  There's a good chance the set will be on sale for 39.99 in Best Buy stores next week, too.

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2009, 07:28:59 PM »
Nice.

God, Part II

« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2009, 07:31:10 PM »
There's a good chance the set will be on sale for 39.99 in Best Buy stores next week, too.

Confirmed; there's a source at the DVDTalk forums that publishes screenshots of Best Buy ads a week early and it's listed there for $39.99.  The weird part (and surely just a flat-out inaccuracy) is that it says 3 CD/2 DVD...yeah, I wish.

morgan1098

« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2009, 10:28:51 PM »
There's a good chance the set will be on sale for 39.99 in Best Buy stores next week, too.

Confirmed; there's a source at the DVDTalk forums that publishes screenshots of Best Buy ads a week early and it's listed there for $39.99.  The weird part (and surely just a flat-out inaccuracy) is that it says 3 CD/2 DVD...yeah, I wish.

Best Buy often packages exclusive bonus discs with their music releases, but yeah, I doubt that will happen with this one.

It would be cool just to get a 1-track bonus disc with the alternate lyric version of Love Comes Tumbling...  :)

EDIT: I just checked out that forum, and it looks like the boxed set has an asterisk by it that reads: "Minimum 3 per store.  No rainchecks."  I'll be sure to get there early!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 10:35:18 PM by morgan1098 »

God, Part II

« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2009, 02:46:53 PM »
it looks like the boxed set has an asterisk by it that reads: "Minimum 3 per store.  No rainchecks."  I'll be sure to get there early!

First thing Tuesday morning when you wake up, just log onto bestbuy.com, order the set and select the In-Store Pickup option; they'll tuck one safely away for you before they even open the doors for business.

Z000

• And I have no reasons, no reasons to get back
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2009, 03:25:35 PM »
it looks like the boxed set has an asterisk by it that reads: "Minimum 3 per store.  No rainchecks."  I'll be sure to get there early!

First thing Tuesday morning when you wake up, just log onto bestbuy.com, order the set and select the In-Store Pickup option; they'll tuck one safely away for you before they even open the doors for business.

You may as well just pre-order.

God, Part II

« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2009, 07:04:35 PM »
You may as well just pre-order.

If you pre-order, you can't pick the in-store pickup option and would have to wait several extra days for it to reach you in the mail.

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2009, 09:05:35 PM »
I pre-ordered yesterday and it shipped today. Should be here by Tuesday at the latest.  8)

God, Part II

« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2009, 10:21:36 AM »
I pre-ordered yesterday and it shipped today. Should be here by Tuesday at the latest.  8)

Well, that's a wild horse of a different color!

morgan1098

« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2009, 12:58:09 PM »
TUF is on sale TODAY (Monday) at Best Buy!  I followed these instructions:

... and to my surprise, I got an e-mail a few minutes later saying "Your order is ready for pickup."  I went to Best Buy thinking MAYBE they'd get a copy from the back for me, but the shelves were already stocked with tons of the Super Deluxe, Deluxe and Standard versions.  So I guess they're just selling this a day early.  At least my local store (Colorado Springs) is.

Time to take off the shrink wrap and dive in!

God, Part II

« Reply #74 on: October 26, 2009, 04:53:50 PM »
TUF is on sale TODAY (Monday) at Best Buy!...to my surprise, I got an e-mail a few minutes [after ordering] saying "Your order is ready for pickup."  I went to Best Buy thinking MAYBE they'd get a copy from the back for me, but the shelves were already stocked with tons of the Super Deluxe, Deluxe and Standard versions.  So I guess they're just selling this a day early.  At least my local store (Colorado Springs) is.

Time to take off the shrink wrap and dive in!

Well, I helped you and now you've helped me!  Same thing is true with the Tulsa, OK store so I'm imagining this is U.S.-wide.  Packaging is every bit as lovely as THE JOSHUA TREE Deluxe's was.  I'm telling you, seeing U2 live last Sunday and now, a week later, getting a hold of this treasure a day early...it's been a great month to be a U2 fan for me!