Author Topic: Unforgettable Fire: Re-Release October 2009  (Read 51528 times)

Z000

• And I have no reasons, no reasons to get back
Re: Unforgettable Fire: Re-Release October 2009
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2009, 04:27:19 PM »
Yoshino Blossom - ??  ??? Maybe Be There official name  ;)

The lyrics of Be There give me no reason to believe they'd retitle it Yoshino Blossom, though you never know. I found the download of "War & Unforgettable Fire Demos" that had Be There on it, and it's got another track that's just labeled Untitled Instrumental. I'd expect that one's Yoshino Blossom, if any of the leaked demos are.

And Wire (Dub Version)

I really wish this was on there, because despite buying the NME promo and copying the track from vinyl onto my computer, my best efforts to clean up the digital track don't take away nearly enough of the fuzz and crackle. The older the record, the harder it is to clean all the noise out, and that promo is the oldest one I have.

slaneman

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2009, 10:11:53 AM »
I really wish this was on there, because despite buying the NME promo and copying the track from vinyl onto my computer, my best efforts to clean up the digital track don't take away nearly enough of the fuzz and crackle. The older the record, the harder it is to clean all the noise out, and that promo is the oldest one I have.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nitty-Gritty-Vinyl-Record-LP-Cleaner-Model-2-0-OAK_W0QQitemZ360143511451QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item53da39df9b&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

This will make a huge improvement. You won't believe how good those old vinyls can sound. If you're going to be ripping a lot of albums in your future it might be worth the investment. Or if your mattress is still too lumpy.

I got a 1963 Frank Sinatra LP from Ebay which looked ok but had all kinds of ticks and pops and sounded murky overall. After a cleaning it was amazing. You should even clean new albums before ripping them and store them in proper sleeves. It's not chesp to do it right.

Believe me, this is one of the less expensive record cleaners out there.

Z000

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2009, 04:16:46 PM »
Just when I thought I knew how to spend the next $400 I don't have...

MartinTexas

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2009, 05:03:46 PM »
Muziek.nl have picture for TUF re-release:
http://www.muziek.nl/page/magazinedetail/Nieuws/6826/The%20Unforgettable%20Fire%2025th%20Anniversary

It's propably only computer animation, but I think TUF will be similar.

I hope they'll change tracklist for Bonus CD.  ::)

morgan1098

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2009, 11:26:26 PM »
NEW TRACKLIST!  CD2 looks MUCH better, with the WAIA tracks, Pride single version, and unheard mixes of Wire and ASOH (by Danny Lanois!)

BUT now there's no Dortmund show listed for the DVD.  Hmmm....

Bonus CD:

1. Disappearing Act
2. A Sort Of Homecoming – Live
3. Bad – Live
4. Love Comes Tumbling – Remastered
5. The Three Sunrises – Remastered
6. Yoshino Blossom
7. Wire – Kevorkian 12″ Vocal Remix
8. Boomerang 1
9. Pride (In The Name Of Love) – Remastered Single version
10. A Sort Of Homecoming – Danny Lanois Remix
11. O’Clock Tick Tock – Long Version
12. Wire – Celtic Dub Mix
13. Bass Trap
14. Boomerang II – Remastered
15. 4th Of July – Single Version
16. Sixty Seconds in Kingdom Come

DVD:

The Unforgettable Fire – Video,
Bad,
Pride (In The Name Of Love) – Colour Version,
A Sort Of Homecoming – Video,
The Making Of The Unforgettable Fire – Documentary – Video,
U2 at A Conspiracy Of Hope Concert – DVD version,
U2 at Live Aid – DVD Version,
Pride (In The Name Of Love) – Sepia Version,
11 O’Clock Tick Tock – Live from Croke Park

http://www.u2bat.be/2009/09/22/the-unforgettable-fire-definitive-tracklist/

Andrey_VI

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2009, 01:26:55 AM »
10. A Sort Of Homecoming – Danny Lanois Remix
Maybe this one similar to Australian version? Or not?

And no Australian version "Love Comes Tumbling" with different lyrics here :(

God, Part II

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2009, 06:58:29 AM »
NEW TRACKLIST!  CD2 looks MUCH better, with the WAIA tracks, Pride single version, and unheard mixes of Wire and ASOH (by Danny Lanois!)

Oh, thank God; that looks SO much better!

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2009, 07:09:48 AM »
So why should we believe this tracklisting any more than the other one?  I'm still waiting for something official.

morgan1098

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2009, 08:48:16 AM »
The "official" track listing for the War 2-disc was wrong on U2.com up until a few days AFTER the release date.  We have to take what we can get!  :)

I understand what you're saying, though.  But I really hope this latest track list turns out to be the real deal.

God, Part II

« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2009, 09:54:31 AM »
So why should we believe this tracklisting any more than the other one?

Um, look at the weblink--it clearly says this is the definitive track listing...duh!  ;)  Seriously, this listing is damn near perfect (the loss of the alternate vocal on "Love Comes Tumbling" being the only obvious oversight, as well as the loss opportunity of "Be There" still MIA), if you ask me, so my fingers are crossed so hard, I've lost blood flow to them.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 09:57:34 AM by God, Part II »

MartinTexas

« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2009, 12:19:19 PM »
Yeah! This version of Bonus CD is much, much better! All WAIA tracks + Pride (SV) and 2 mixes of Wire :) Maybe ASOH (Lanois Mix) is the Alternative Live Version?
2 alternative versions of ASOH and LCT would be nice, but that is good. Also the could add something Rare Live - Wire and Indian....  :P
What about Be There - I don't know? Is it from TUF or War Era or something between? It also would be nice.

The content of DVD is strange - there's no concert from TUF era  ??? Maybe Bad or 11 O'Clock, but there only single tracks! Where is Full Dortmund?!!  ;)
If they don't add something better, the could take all only on DVD5, and it will be cweak DVD :/

Where from is this 11 O'Clock Version?  ??? Is this from this concert:
http://www.u2gigs.com/show540.html
If yes, why they don't have more tracks from this festival? Only 1!? Maybe the add other concert instead of Dortmund.......and they do a mistake and write only first track instead of full listing  :D :D

miryclay

« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2009, 02:49:32 PM »
I like this version better than the first released tracklisting. The UF b sides are incredible and always have been. Even though the thinking of the day is to release everything filmed, U2 are showing some restraint in not releasing Dortrumund. From what I rememeber it was a high energy concert but how different is to Live in Paris or UABRS?

Z000

« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2009, 05:39:50 PM »
Much better, still wish it had Be There. After not knowing if the US Magnificent single was 3 tracks or 10 until it arrived at my doorstep, I'll believe this track list when I see the back cover.

MartinTexas

« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2009, 06:00:43 PM »
[...] I'll believe this track list when I see the back cover.

Or more!! I believe when I put it on my CD player and listen track by track  ;) Their track lists have sometimes mistakes  :D like War Deluxe.