Author Topic: Boy/October/War remasters  (Read 3318 times)

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
Boy/October/War remasters
« on: December 24, 2011, 03:48:21 AM »
I finally have the money to buy the 2-CD remastered versions of Boy, October, and War.  Yeah, I'm a little late on this purchase.  On Amazon (US), I'm trying to decide which of the following I want to purchase:
-  the Amazon exclusive titled "Deluxe Edition Box Set"
individual separate purchases of the 2-CD remastered versions (buying them separately currently saves me about $4)

In photos for the individual separate purchases of those 2-CD versions, it seems straightforward.  I can see that there is a small cardboard-bound book with pages and with slots for the 2 CDs.  The small cardboard-bound book appears to be a little bigger than a standard CD jewel case.

In photos for the Amazon exclusive titled "Deluxe Edition Box Set", I can't tell what the CDs are in.  In the photos, they do not look like a small cardboard-bound book with pages and with slots for the 2 CDs.  To me, it looks like there is a standard 2-disc jewel case holding the 2 CDs and that there is a separate booklet.  But I can't tell with the photos that are available.

I tried Google to see images people may have posted on the Internet, but none of the photos are clear to me.  These 2 things are not an incentive for me to buy the Amazon exclusive titled "Deluxe Edition Box Set":
- I am not going to buy the remastered Under A Blood Red Sky
- I am not interested in the U2 poster

My decision (for which option to buy) is mostly based on whatever is holding the 2 CDs.  So . . . . . if anyone has purchased the Amazon exclusive titled "Deluxe Edition Box Set", can you describe these items:
- what is holding the 2 CDs
- the booklet (for example, is it separate from what is holding the 2 CDs ? )

I know it's the holidays for many people right now so people aren't too active on the Forum.  But I'll keep checking back for feedback until I get some definitive info.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 02:54:06 PM by columbiaeagle »

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
Re: Boy/October/War remasters
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 05:52:33 PM »
I bought the box set of Boy / October / War from Amazon.com - they are the same 2-cd sets released seperately - all three came in a book format with the CDs stored in an "envelope" on the front and back covers. No jewel cases. Just the book format. The books looked identical to those I saw in shops sold seperately.

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 05:40:00 AM »
Aaron, thanks for the quick feedback.  On YouTube, there are actually two videos of a guy showing the CD and booklet packaging.  He even has U2 playing in the background.  It's funny what some people will do.

santiago2u

• starchitect...then, father!
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 10:37:26 PM »
::. I bought that deluxe set from Amazon. Came very fast, as I recall, and I love it! the poster comes in thick paper; I made 320kbps mp3 files of them, them gave them the collector's treatment (put the cds on plastic/paper cd sized envelopes and store the box).

I did made a videoclip of me & my brother unwrapping the 360° Rose Bowl Box Set, but, just never find the time to upload it to Youtube...it's fun, and they're reference of what you're buying watchign others open their stuff.  8)

I'm still missing the TUF 2CD, and TUF DLX BOX SET...well, kinda: my godfather has already bought them for me, he lives near San Diego CA but still he's planning in come down below the border to visit my family...that was last year  :-\