Author Topic: U2.Com 2012 Membership Package.  (Read 55711 times)

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
Re: U2.Com 2012 Membership Package.
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2012, 10:41:10 AM »
Yup. Only played on one occasion in Perth.  Sorry.  My fat fingers got the date wrong.  :) 

As to your point about yet another version of "Desire"?  Well I'm happy that it's not one of the versions coming on the CD.  That leaves room on the CD for one of those other tracks you are hoping for.  I'm rooting for "Mothers of the Disappeared".  That was an amazing night in Istanbul.  Hearing that song was something I was not expecting, and it really blew me away.  I'd love to see it get included in the CD.  "Your Blue Room" has always been a favorite of mine and I loved it live.  I'd be happy for it to make the cut.  The only one I don't see making it is "Scarlet" as it would be separated from "Walk On" and I'm not sure it would really make sense without.  I could live if that one doesn't make the cd. 

I could also live without "Stuck", "Pride", "Sunday Bloody Sunday" or "Miss Saravjevo".  They just seem to show up on everything in the last decade...

George

« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2012, 09:59:10 PM »
Maybe on CD: (3 tracks won't make it.)
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Remix) (Original labeled 'DG AC Mix 1')
I Will Follow (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ Brussels RC 1')
Sunday Bloody Sunday (Original voting track labeled 'DG AC Mix 1')
Pride (In the Name of Love) (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ Gelsenkirchen')
Miss Sarajevo (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ Buenos Aires 1')
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ Santiago')
Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ Sheffield Recall')
In A Little While (Original voting track labeled 'DG AC Mix 1')
Mothers Of The Disappeared (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ Istanbul 290811')
Your Blue Room (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ New York')
Angel Of Harlem (Original voting track labeled 'DG AC Mix 2')
Scarlet (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ Melbourne 1')

I would hope not to see the following:
· I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
· I Will Follow
· Sunday Bloody Sunday
· Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
· In A Little While

We have already heard/seen the "360° live" versions of these, so it would be nice if those are omitted.

I took a look at u2gigs.com and noticed that U2 played 53 original songs on the 360° tour.  Of these, 40 have already been (or will be for sure on Edge's Picks) released (I'm counting I Will Follow from Glastonbury).

The only original songs performed so far and still not released, or known to be coming are (times performed are in parentheses):
· Return Of The Stingray Guitar (33 times)
· North Star (15 times)
· Glastonbury (7 times)
· Every Breaking Wave (3 times)
· Boy Falls From The Sky (1 time)
· Miss Sarajevo (66 times)
· Your Blue Room (7 times)
· Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (46 times)
· Angel Of Harlem (8 times)
· Mothers Of The Disappeared (3 times)
· Party Girl (2 times)
· Scarlet (44 times)

This doesn't really mean anything except that there's not a lot out there to choose from, especially seeing as 5 of these 13 are new tracks that we're almost certainly not going to get on the CD.  Will the remaining 8 tracks that haven't been released yet in their "360° live" versions be among the 9 as-of-yet unknown tracks on Edge's Picks?  I hope so (not because I need yet another live version of Pride, but because I'd rather have that than a third version of Crazy from the same tour).
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 04:37:10 PM by George »

hmtmkmkm

« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2012, 07:42:24 PM »
So I'd just like to pass on that I have received my copies of U22 and Zoo2 Live in the mail as part of the full resubscribing for the new Edge's Picks CD. Being that I'm in Australia, I figured I wouldn't be the first to get this, so I wanted to ask if this had happened to others or if I should be worried that I have received this without the new Edge's Picks as some sort of mistake. Have they started mailing out the new one and would it be normal to be sent separately to these two bonuses?

morgan1098

« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2012, 10:52:49 AM »
Some folks on the Interference forum from the US, EU and Australia have received copies of U22 and Zoo TV as well.  My guess is that the Edge's Picks CD and book are still in production, and that's why it hasn't shipped yet.  Whereas with Zoo TV and U22, those have obviously been sitting in a warehouse somewhere for a while.  Hopefully the new stuff will ship soon!

santiago2u

• starchitect...then, father!
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2012, 04:15:14 PM »
...The only other 2 candidates without snippets, as Aaron pointed out, are ruled out because - Dublin, Bono has a dedication at the beginning and Mexico --has a bunch of Bono comments during the song...

:: I was in this show, MEX CITY II (May 14th) and have seen a lot of videos of that performance  (obviously)... but, about what you say, I hear no Bono comments during the song, but saying 'Burning' pointing to The Edge, and then 'Alright, hands in the air' . It was a clean version IMO, is not the download one though.

This was the first time I saw them play 'Desire' as I last time performed in Mexico was in December 3rd  1997 and I was in attend to the 1rst show December 2nd (my first U2 show) and they just played SATS on the acoustic section, so I DESERVED that Full-Desire version!  ;D

http://youtu.be/u2ndXAleE3c

:: Check It yourself, guys (and girls)

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2012, 02:59:35 PM »
"you can also instantly access THREE BONUS U2360° DOWNLOADS - No Line On The Horizon and Spanish Eyes and Desire - tracks that are not on U22 and not on this new CD."

If you go to u2.com you can click on the offer page for the 2013 gift and it now says above.  100% clarification that Desire will not be on the new CD.  They also updated the spiffy little graphic.  No other news of note there when i was in...

hmtmkmkm

« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2012, 06:59:50 PM »
U2.com revealed one of the worst kept secrets, that Vertigo is in fact on the CD.

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2012, 05:31:27 AM »
U2.com revealed one of the worst kept secrets, that Vertigo is in fact on the CD.
;D

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2012, 08:58:55 AM »

But really interesting to me is the fact that it's not the performance from Boston that was available in the old voting clips.  The video that they posted at least is from Perth.

This happened with "U22" as well.  "I Still Haven't Found" was originally listed as being from Boston in the voting clips, but the version that appeared on CD was from one of the South African shows. Wonder if there's something about that Boston recording they weren't happy with...although it appears "Boots" is from Boston...

morgan1098

« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2012, 04:08:26 PM »
And the 4th bonus download is... PRIDE.  Kinda glad that's not on the CD, as we already have more than enough versions.

Also, "Any day now we'll be confirming details on the delivery of From the Ground Up..."

We'll see about that.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 04:11:12 PM by morgan1098 »

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2012, 04:57:09 PM »
Anyone want to compare the "Pride" download to some shows from Gelsenkirchen? That's when the original voting track was from.  Sounds like it could be the same from the opening but didn't have time to really listen...

And an update of the below with the new info in:

Definitely on CD:
Breathe (Original voting track labeled 'DG AC Mix 1 310809')
New Year’s Day (Original voting track labeled 'Dublin 3 250811') - confirmed to be Dublin from video
Electrical Storm (Live from Milan) (Original voting track labeled 'DG AC Mix 1') - confirmed to be Milan from video
Vertigo (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ Boston') (confirmed by video to be Perth)
Get On Your Boots (Live from Boston) (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ Boston') - confirmed to be Boston from video
40 (Live from Moncton) (Original voting track labeled 'DG LDN Mix 2') - has to be Moncton only show played.

Maybe on CD: (2 tracks won't make it.)
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Remix) (Original labeled 'DG AC Mix 1')
I Will Follow (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ Brussels RC 1')
Sunday Bloody Sunday (Original voting track labeled 'DG AC Mix 1')
Miss Sarajevo (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ Buenos Aires 1')
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ Santiago')
Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ Sheffield Recall')
In A Little While (Original voting track labeled 'DG AC Mix 1')
Mothers Of The Disappeared (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ Istanbul 290811')
Your Blue Room (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ New York')
Angel Of Harlem (Original voting track labeled 'DG AC Mix 2')
Scarlet (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ Melbourne 1')

Not on CD:
Pride (In the Name of Love) (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ Gelsenkirchen')
No Line on the Horizon (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ Sheffield') (taken from Sheffield 8/20/2009 performance.)
Unknown Caller (Original voting track labeled 'DG AC Mix 1') (taken from London 8/14 & 8/15 performances and edited together.)
Spanish Eyes (Original voting track labeled 'San Sebastien') (taken from San Sebastian 09/2010 performance.)
Desire (Original voting track labeled 'DG AC Mix 2 050809') (take from Perth 12/19/2010 performance.)
Party Girl (Original voting track labeled 'DG AC Mix 1')
Return Of The Stingray Guitar (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ Vienna')

(that's if my Party Girl logic from before is right.)

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2012, 11:36:37 PM »
From the Gelsenkirchen boot, it sound like Bono yells "Here we go," right at the intro, which I don't hear on this download. Also, "April 4" is cut short in the download and Bono holds the note longer in the bootleg, so I think this is a different performance.

slaneman

« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2012, 01:19:32 AM »
My vote is for Gelsenkirchen, though I don't have a good recording to judge, just those Youtubes.   :-\

He clearly swallows 'early ???? April 4' on the mp3--don't know what he says just before April 4. lol...but that sounds similar to what I can make out on the videos.

They did cut out Bono saying, I think, 'pump it up' at the beginning but otherwise it sounds like the same vocals. There's a few places that seem to match up. He rushes 'one man he resist' a bit which I seem to hear in the videos, also a little vocal trill on 'life' ==they took your 'life'. But the clincher seems to me to be the ending 'oh-oh-oh-oh' part when the song has ended and Bono continues doing them with the crowd.

Need a better recording to say 100%.

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2012, 12:07:34 PM »
Internet consensus seems to be Gelsenkirchen. I wonder why they chose to edit out whatever Bono yells at the intro?

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2012, 12:40:51 PM »
Recieved my U22 / Zoo TV set that I ordered.  No sign of "From the Ground Up" / Edges Picks yet. 

My package arrive split open at the seams. One disc missing from U22.  Both discs of Zoo TV missing, although the outer sleeve was there so I know I got one.  The boxes they are using are perforated at the edges and just shaking U22 around i managed to get the other side of the package to pop right open...so i don't think it was tampered with.

Did some investigation on twitter and found at least five reports of similar condition sets, some with discs missing some without anything missing but split open on arrival.  I would suggest anyone who went for the $75 package (I did so I'd have the extras to give away) check their package upon reciept, and document any damage to it before opening.  And check to make sure all the contents are there when you open it.

It's always a disappointment with these jokers. :(