Author Topic: U2.Com 2012 Membership Package.  (Read 55354 times)

slaneman

Re: U2.Com 2012 Membership Package.
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2012, 11:50:21 PM »

Aaron, I see above that you wrote DG HQ Sheffield for the No Line On The Horizon bonus download.  So, have you or has anyone else been able to confirm the track was from Sheffield, England, at the August 20, 2009 concert?

Yep, it is. I checked it against a very fine multi-cam DVD with perfect audio (better sound than the U2.com DL, lol) and it's the same version. There's a few little quirks in Bono's singing which match and the lyrics are exactly the same.

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2012, 12:20:39 AM »
slaneman, thanks for the quick reply and the confirmation.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2012, 08:13:52 AM »
They've said that the "Musical Edition" has a slip cover, that contains a pocket to hold the CD, so I'm assuming the book and CD will ship at the same time.  I'm guessing early next year.

George

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2012, 06:11:34 PM »
They've said that the "Musical Edition" has a slip cover, that contains a pocket to hold the CD, so I'm assuming the book and CD will ship at the same time.  I'm guessing early next year.

My one annoyance with these latest two packages is the insertion of the CDs in a pocket instead of including a separate CD case.  It's a strategy I just don't understand.  They did it with U218 Deluxe and HTDAAB Deluxe as well.

dagobah

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2012, 06:36:48 PM »
George, I agree.  To deal with this situation, I'll do the same thing that I did with the 10 discs in my Achtung Baby Deluxe Edition and the 2 discs in my U22 CD Set . . . . . I will place the Edge's Picks CD into a standard jewel case and use Microsoft WORD to create my own CD case insert.  It will be just white paper with black ink, but it works for me.  Then I can place the jewel case with my other U2 jewel cases on the CD shelf.

PatrickM

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2012, 10:48:45 AM »

A new email sent today by U2.com has just revealed that Vertigo is also included on Edge's Picks.

So, we have six tracks announced so far: Breathe, Get On Your Boots, New Year's Day, Electrical Storm, Vertigo and 40.

morgan1098

« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2012, 11:06:19 AM »
The same e-mail says that if you buy a gift subscription for someone, it will ship in time for the holidays.  Is it possible we'll actually get the subscriber gift before the end of the year????

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2012, 01:04:15 PM »
U2's facebook account just posted a video of "New Year's Day" performed live from Dublin, and it's labelled as being from the annual subscription gift.  So that's another location confirmed. We already knew the track would be on the release. Reposting my previous notes on what we know / don't know...

Definitely on CD:
Breathe (Original voting track labeled 'DG AC Mix 1 310809')
New Year’s Day (Original voting track labeled 'Dublin 3 250811') - confirmed to be Dublin from video
Electrical Storm (Live from Milan) (Original voting track labeled 'DG AC Mix 1') - confirmed to be Milan from video
Vertigo (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ Boston')
Get On Your Boots (Live from Boston) (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ Boston') - confirmed to be Boston from video
40 (Live from Moncton) (Original voting track labeled 'DG LDN Mix 2') - has to be Moncton only show played.

Maybe on CD: (3 tracks won't make it.)
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Remix) (Original labeled 'DG AC Mix 1')
I Will Follow (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ Brussels RC 1')
Sunday Bloody Sunday (Original voting track labeled 'DG AC Mix 1')
Pride (In the Name of Love) (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ Gelsenkirchen')
Miss Sarajevo (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ Buenos Aires 1')
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ Santiago')
Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ Sheffield Recall')
In A Little While (Original voting track labeled 'DG AC Mix 1')
Mothers Of The Disappeared (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ Istanbul 290811')
Your Blue Room (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ New York')
Angel Of Harlem (Original voting track labeled 'DG AC Mix 2')
Scarlet (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ Melbourne 1')

Not on CD:
No Line on the Horizon (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ Sheffield') (taken from Sheffield 8/20/2009 performance.)
Unknown Caller (Original voting track labeled 'DG AC Mix 1') (taken from London 8/14 & 8/15 performances and edited together.)
Spanish Eyes (Original voting track labeled 'San Sebastien') (taken from San Sebastian 09/2010 performance.)
Desire (Original voting track labeled 'DG AC Mix 2 050809') (take from Perth 12/19/2010 performance.)
Party Girl (Original voting track labeled 'DG AC Mix 1')
Return Of The Stingray Guitar (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ Vienna')

(that's if my Party Girl logic from before is right.)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 10:58:13 AM by Aaron »

morgan1098

« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2012, 03:36:55 PM »
New bonus track download from U2.com: "Desire." This goes along with NLOTH and Spanish Eyes and won't be on the Edge's Picks CD.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2012, 05:49:58 PM »
I updated my list above.  As for where Desire is from...

I listened to the track and there`s no sign of any snippets.  It was only played a handful of time without snippets.  (Mostly Michael Jackson).

Probably can be narrowed down to:

Dublin, July 24, 2009
Perth, December 19, 2010
Mexico City, May 14, 2011

One for each year to check out if someone wants to dig further.  The other performances on this tour all had noticible snippets which should still be a part of the song...so it rules those out i think...I could be wrong...

The fact the original voting track was tagged with a `2009`in the title, I`m thinking Dublin is the most likely suspect.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 10:57:16 AM by Aaron »

dagobah

« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2012, 06:08:18 PM »
Just downloaded Desire from U2.com

Hmm . . . . . let’s see here . . . . . I bought an official U2 release [from the U2 iTunes digital box set] of Desire from the December 31, 1989 U2 concert in Dublin, Ireland.  That performance is similar to the album version.

I also have an official U2 release [from the Go Home From Slane Castle Ireland fan club 2-CD Set] of Desire from the September 1, 2001 U2 concert in Meath, Ireland.  That performance is an acoustic version.  Oops . . . . I just checked it . . . . . it's not acoustic.  I don't know how to describe it, actually.  But I feel it's different from the album version.

Now I have a third performance of Desire.  I imagine there are many other U2 fans who have the same previous versions that I have.  I can't be the only fan who would rather have an official U2 release of a live performance of:
Mothers Of The Disappeared
Your Blue Room
Scarlet
or
In A Little While

Maybe next time . . . .
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 01:12:13 AM by dagobah »

slaneman

« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2012, 08:56:55 PM »
I'm pretty sure Desire is from Perth, December 19, 2010. The only other 2 candidates without snippets, as Aaron pointed out, are ruled out because - Dublin, Bono has a dedication at the beginning and Mexico --has a bunch of Bono comments during the song. The clincher is the 'I'm like a needle and spoon" line when Bono makes 'needle' a 3-syllable word, which is the same in Perth and the bonus track. Also another unique spot where they match up is the start of 'Burning' where Bono comes in a shade early before Edge.

You can check for yourself against the YTs online...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b97h09KYN6w

« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 09:03:25 PM by slaneman »

dagobah

« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2012, 12:48:44 AM »
In Aaron's post above, he used the date - Perth, December 18, 2010
In slaneman's post above, he used the date - Perth, December 19, 2010

According to Wikipedia, U2 played both nights in Perth.

So, can we confirm if it's the 18th or the 19th?

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2012, 01:10:46 AM »
December 19th. Desire wasn't played on the 18th.

dagobah

« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2012, 03:31:22 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply, Brad.