Author Topic: U2.Com 2012 Membership Package.  (Read 55430 times)

PatrickM

Re: U2.Com 2012 Membership Package.
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2012, 06:57:22 PM »

Having not so much to do at work today, I decided to imagine what could be on Edge's Picks. As I had done with U22, I tried to arrange a mini-concert with a fairly regular U2 360° setlist and not just a collection of songs that would not stand altogether in a U2 concert. That's what I came up with:

Breathe/Get On Your Boots/I Will Follow/New Year’s Day/Stuck in a Moment/Electrical Storm/Pride (In the Name of Love)/In a Little While/Miss Sarajevo/Vertigo/I’ll Go Crazy/Sunday Bloody Sunday/Mothers of the Disappeared/Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me/40.

It's a pity they will not include NLOTH or Unknown Caller on this compilation.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 08:32:24 AM »
The article at U2.com now lists New Year's day as a track... so that's three we know...

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2012, 07:44:02 AM »
And just an update on the 3 45-second clips that U2.com posted from the CD.  These three tracks are all 45s in length, and none of them are the same 45s that were posted from the U22 voting tracks...so these were newly made, not just taken from those original 45s voting clips posted over a year ago now...

cleaner

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2012, 02:46:26 PM »
News!!!

"We also hear that each song on Edge's Picks has previously been released as a single or album track.

And (drum roll...) today we can reveal that the CD opens with Breathe...  and closes with "40"."

Means: No stingray guitar...; now really hope for it as an extra download

Looks like the picks contain even HMTMKMKM (see the label-photo at the startside of u2.com, the line above the short "40")
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 02:53:31 PM by cleaner »

hmtmkmkm

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2012, 11:23:09 PM »
So these are the tracks unreleased from the 40-odd songs available to be picked for U22.

1. 40
2. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Remix)
3. Vertigo
4. I Will Follow
5. Sunday Bloody Sunday
6. Pride (In the Name of Love)
7. New Year’s Day
8. Breathe
9. Electrical Storm
10. Miss Sarajevo
11. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
12. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
13. In A Little While
14. Get On Your Boots
15. Mothers Of The Disappeared
16. Desire
17. Return Of The Stingray Guitar
18. Your Blue Room
19. Party Girl
20. Angel Of Harlem
21. Scarlet

The strikethroughs we know are not included because they weren't released as singles. The bold we know are included. That leaves a total of 16 possible songs on the 15 track CD. Personally, I think the one that will miss out is Your Blue Room, being that is was from Passengers, even though it was unique for being sung with the guy from the International Space Station. But also because the other songs all look like they'd be more of a travesty for being left out. Then again, who knows, maybe they will release some of the same songs from U22 but they're from different dates so they're technically not the ones on U22...

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2012, 04:18:14 AM »
On November 30 of last year (2011), I subscribed to U2.com to get the U22 2-CD Set, which I received in June 2012.  I just tried to renew my U2.com subscription for $40 in order to get the Edge’s Picks 15-track CD and bonus downloads.  Here is what has happened so far (step-by-step):

U2.com sent me an email about the new U2.com subscription offer
In that email, I clicked on resubscribe
I was taken to a new Internet browser screen with U2.com
After signing-in to U2.com, I was taken to a RENEW screen
I clicked on RENEW YOUR PAID SUBSCRIPTION NOW!
I was taken to a personal info update screen
My personal info was correct; there was nothing to update
I clicked on UPDATE + RENEW YOUR PAID SUBSCRIPTION
I was taken to fanfire.com
I clicked on U2 in the list of artists on the left side
I was taken to the U2.COM SHOP screen on fanfire.com

The screen gives info about the new U2.com subscription offer, but there are no items in my shopping cart.  The items on the left side of screen include Tour Collection, Classic Collection, Clothing, Lithographs, etc.  But there’s nothing on the screen to click on for subscription renewal.  I used the search feature to search for subscription; their results include a gift subscription, not a subscription renewal.

What am I supposed to do at this point?

George

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2012, 05:52:00 AM »
So these are the tracks unreleased from the 40-odd songs available to be picked for U22.
13. In A Little While
19. Party Girl
21. Scarlet
The strikethroughs we know are not included because they weren't released as singles.

I believe that you have erred.  The information on U2.com says, "We also hear that each song on Edge's Picks has previously been released as a single or album track."  I therefore think that all but Stingray are possible here as they were album tracks.

hmtmkmkm

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2012, 08:16:38 AM »
Oh right, I must have completely glazed over the last part of that sentence. Then it's really only Stingray that wasn't released as a single or album track out of all the 40ish songs from the U22 subscription. Doesn't much narrow down the list of possible tracks on Edge's Picks. But I'm glad there's still some mystery about what he chose.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2012, 08:31:07 AM »
On November 30 of last year (2011), I subscribed to U2.com to get the U22 2-CD Set, which I received in June 2012.  I just tried to renew my U2.com subscription for $40 in order to get the Edge’s Picks 15-track CD and bonus downloads.  Here is what has happened so far (step-by-step):

U2.com sent me an email about the new U2.com subscription offer
In that email, I clicked on resubscribe
I was taken to a new Internet browser screen with U2.com
After signing-in to U2.com, I was taken to a RENEW screen
I clicked on RENEW YOUR PAID SUBSCRIPTION NOW!
I was taken to a personal info update screen
My personal info was correct; there was nothing to update
I clicked on UPDATE + RENEW YOUR PAID SUBSCRIPTION
I was taken to fanfire.com
I clicked on U2 in the list of artists on the left side
I was taken to the U2.COM SHOP screen on fanfire.com

The screen gives info about the new U2.com subscription offer, but there are no items in my shopping cart.  The items on the left side of screen include Tour Collection, Classic Collection, Clothing, Lithographs, etc.  But there’s nothing on the screen to click on for subscription renewal.  I used the search feature to search for subscription; their results include a gift subscription, not a subscription renewal.

What am I supposed to do at this point?

I would suggest this.

Go to u2.com
Login.
Go to "Account Info"
Click on "If you wish to renew your subscription, click here."
That should allow you to pick between the $40 option and the $75 option.  (The $40 option does not include last years U22 gift, and the U2 Zoo TV Live gift from a few years back)
Update your info or choose to continue.
That takes me to a shopping cart which has all of my stuff in it. 

Aaron

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2012, 08:34:11 AM »
13. In A Little While
19. Party Girl
21. Scarlet
The strikethroughs we know are not included because they weren't released as singles.

I believe that you have erred.  The information on U2.com says, "We also hear that each song on Edge's Picks has previously been released as a single or album track."  I therefore think that all but Stingray are possible here as they were album tracks.

That's such an odd statement.  If it means every song was on an album or a single then it just rules out "Stingray" (boo!) If it means that every song was an album track, or was released as a single, it would also rule out "Party Girl" as it was the b-side to a single, and Under a Blood Red Sky isn't a traditional album.  Bad grammer here leaves the whole thing questionable.  If it was just the first all they'd have to say is "Every track has been released before" and you wouldn't have to comment on this single / album nonsense.  That makes me think they were ruling out "Party Girl" and "Stingray".

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2012, 09:02:04 AM »
I added in the original track comments from the voting tracks that were up.  Might give some insight into where they came from.  Although we saw on U22 that they didn't necessarily use the same track that was available to vote on (ISHFWILF was a different version than voted on.):

Definitely on CD:Breathe (Original voting track labeled 'DG AC Mix 1 310809')
New Year’s Day (Original voting track labeled 'Dublin 3 250811')
Electrical Storm (Live from Milan) (Original voting track labeled 'DG AC Mix 1')
Get On Your Boots (Live from Boston) (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ Boston')
40 (Live from Moncton) (Original voting track labeled 'DG LDN Mix 2')

Maybe on CD:I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Remix) (Original labeled 'DG AC Mix 1')
Vertigo (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ Boston')
I Will Follow (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ Brussels RC 1')
Sunday Bloody Sunday (Original voting track labeled 'DG AC Mix 1')
Pride (In the Name of Love) (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ Gelsenkirchen')
Miss Sarajevo (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ Buenos Aires 1')
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ Santiago')
Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ Sheffield Recall')
In A Little While (Original voting track labeled 'DG AC Mix 1')
Mothers Of The Disappeared (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ Istanbul 290811')
Desire (Original voting track labeled 'DG AC Mix 2 050809')
Your Blue Room (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ New York')
Angel Of Harlem (Original voting track labeled 'DG AC Mix 2')
Scarlet (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ Melbourne 1')

Not on CD:
No Line on the Horizon (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ Sheffield')
Unknown Caller (Original voting track labeled 'DG AC Mix 1')
Spanish Eyes (Original voting track labeled 'San Sebastien')
Party Girl (Original voting track labeled 'DG AC Mix 1')
Return Of The Stingray Guitar (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ Vienna')

(that's if my Party Girl logic is right.  Now if he said "U2 album" or released as a single, that would rule out "Your Blue Room" as well, but not "Miss sarajevo" as Passengers wasn't a U2 album.

hmtmkmkm

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2012, 07:12:08 PM »
But Miss Sarajevo was also released on a Passengers album and a Passengers single. Unless you are referring to it being on the Best Of album. Yeah it is poor writing. But it can also be viewed as clever in a way because it's generating all this wonderment. And their post was obviously intended to get us talking and wondering.

dagobah

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2012, 07:41:15 PM »

I would suggest this.

Go to u2.com
Login.
Go to "Account Info"
Click on "If you wish to renew your subscription, click here."
That should allow you to pick between the $40 option and the $75 option.  (The $40 option does not include last years U22 gift, and the U2 Zoo TV Live gift from a few years back)
Update your info or choose to continue.
That takes me to a shopping cart which has all of my stuff in it. 

Aaron

OK, Aaron, I finally had some free time this afternoon to deal with this again.  I followed your suggestion and it appears to have worked.  Thanks so much for your help.  For the past 2 weeks, everyone has been discussing the bonus downloads and here I was all alone . . . . . . unable to renew my subscription.  I was pretty frustrated, but thanks to you, Aaron, I now appear to be on the same page with the others.  I received an email confirming my order so now I will figure out what's up with the first 2 bonus downloads.

dagobah

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2012, 08:21:03 PM »
Not on CD:
No Line on the Horizon (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ Sheffield')
Unknown Caller (Original voting track labeled 'DG AC Mix 1')
Spanish Eyes (Original voting track labeled 'San Sebastien')
Party Girl (Original voting track labeled 'DG AC Mix 1')
Return Of The Stingray Guitar (Original voting track labeled 'DG HQ Vienna')

Aaron, I see above that you wrote DG HQ Sheffield for the No Line On The Horizon bonus download.  So, have you or has anyone else been able to confirm the track was from Sheffield, England, at the August 20, 2009 concert?

dagobah

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2012, 09:09:49 PM »
OK, I just checked my credit card online account and I already see the $40 charge (for renewing my U2.com subscription one hour ago).  From reading all the posts here and on the forum on atU2.com, I don't remember reading anything about an estimated date for shipping the 15-track Edge's Picks CD.  Are you guys thinking that we probably won't receive it until sometime in 2013?

I'm not concerned about when the From The Ground Up book ships . . . . . . although, I wonder if the book will be shipped in the same package as the 15-track Egde's Picks CD . . . . .
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 12:18:52 AM by dagobah »