Author Topic: U2.Com 2012 Membership Package.  (Read 54350 times)

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
U2.Com 2012 Membership Package.
« on: November 09, 2012, 11:54:11 AM »
http://www.u2.com/service/subscribe

The new subscribers package was just announced today:

"EXCLUSIVE ACCESS & MUSIC
From The Ground Up: U2.com Music Edition brings you the inside track on U2360° - the stories, the photos, the music. Presented in a bespoke, wrap-around sleeve, the large-format hardback book opens to reveal FOUR exclusive lithographs of the band, some very cool bookmarks and Edge's Picks - a limited-edition, 15-track live CD, curated by The Edge. These are the cuts you asked for after our one-off release of U22 and the moment you subscribe (or resubscribe) to U2.com you can also instantly access TWO BONUS U2360° DOWNLOADS - No Line On The Horizon and Spanish Eyes - tracks that are not on U22 and not on this new CD."

" EXCLUSIVE CONTENT
 On our dedicated subscriber site find all the band's music streaming all the time; specially commissioned video from studio & stage; interviews with band & crew; archived news documenting the U2 story from the 1970s. Chat and blog in Zootopia, the busiest U2 fan community, rich with content generated by you for you. "

"EXCLUSIVE OFFERS
 Enter exclusive competitions, take 25% off your first purchase in the U2.com Store and get a dedicated U2 email address ('yourname@U2.com'). Join a ticket presale when the band goes on the road, browse photos, video & reports from previous tours and dig in to the exclusive road diaries of Show Designer Willie Williams."

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
Re: U2.Com 2012 Membership Package.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 11:56:33 AM »
Two different packages are listed.  A $50 version and an $85 version.  (The cost is $40 and $75 if you are resubscribing!)

$40 / $50 Version:
This package includes:
12 months membership to U2.com
From The Ground Up: U2.com Music Edition (deluxe U2360° Tour hardback photo book)
Edge's Picks, 15-track Live CD
Bonus U2360° Live Downloads (Starting with No Line On The Horizon and Spanish Eyes)
Set of 4 Lithographic Prints
Set of 4 bookmarks
25% discount in U2.com Store

$75 / $85 Version:
This package includes:
12 months membership to U2.com
From The Ground Up: U2.com Music Edition (deluxe U2360° Tour hardback photo book)
Edge's Picks, 15-track Live CD
Bonus U2360° Live Downloads (Starting with No Line On The Horizon and Spanish Eyes)
Set of 4 Lithographic Prints
Set of 4 bookmarks
25% discount in U2.com Store
U22 Double Live CD Set (22 tracks from U2360° in deluxe booklet with notes from Adam Clayton)
11 Instant U22 Downloads plus Bonus track Unknown Caller
Zoo2Live Double Live CD Set (U2 Live in Sydney on 1993 ZOOTV Tour) - While Stocks Last

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 12:00:28 PM »
Right now it appears the instant downloads ARE NOT working.  They lead you to a page which states:

"U2com8 U22 Downloads plus Bonus track. testing digital product message"

There is a button to press to submit your order number and download code, but they just lead you in a circle.  The downloads aren't working and I have confirmed this with Fanfire.com.  They are aware of the issue, and i'm waiting to hear back from them as to when I can download the first two tracks.

Note: If you are having trouble, do not copy your link and send it to internet forums etc.  You should contact FanFire directly.  The link you are sent in your email does contain your order number and your confirmation code / download key.  If you share this information you provide others a means to access your download.  The information fanfire gives for contact is as follows:

"We are here to help! The best way to contact us is to use the form below. You can also call our Customer Service24/7 at 1-800-767-7160. From outside the U.S. use +434-244-7300."

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 12:15:50 PM »
The first two downloads offered are to be: "No Line on the Horizon" and "Spanish Eyes" - and the announcement mentions these are not on "U22" nor are they on "Edge's Picks" which i assume is the title of the new CD included with the gift.

The announcement page includes a video of "Electrical Storm (Live from Milan)" and the video is branded "From the Ground Up U2.com Music Edition", which makes me guess that it is one of the 15 tracks on the CD that is being given away with the book.

I'm still not able to download the two new tracks.  I've notified the U2.com mods (they said they are working on it) as well as Fanfire (also working on it).  I will update here when it is available.

PatrickM

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 12:31:04 PM »
Get on Your Boots is another track on "Edge's picks".

They have just published a longer story on the new subscription package and it ends with a 45-second link of "GOYB - Edge's Picks".

http://www.u2.com/news/title/from-the-ground-up-u2360deg-tour-photobook-now-with-sound/

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 01:11:29 PM »
The downloads are working now.  You cannot see them at the link they emailed out.  That link takes you to the U22 tracks (the twelve made available in May) if you resubscribed at the higher rate.

The downloads can be viewed by going to u2.com.  Log in to your account. When you are in choose profile at the top right, and you should see them there.  There are two tracks, "No Line on the Horizon" and "Spanish Eyes".  Both are 320kbps.  Both are labeled as being from the album "FROM THE GROUND UP:  Edge's Picks From U2360°". Neither is marked for location that they were recorded, although it's probably pretty safe to say "Spanish Eyes" is from 2010-09-26 in San Sebastien, Spain, since it was the only place that song was played. 
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 01:32:37 PM by Aaron »

morgan1098

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 03:28:02 PM »
Holy cow.  Once again, this is pretty awesome and the second year in a row that the U2 gift is actually worth getting.

I notice the Sydney concert is now dubbed "Zoo2 Live."  I wonder if it will have different packaging than the original fan club release.  The $85 isn't bad considering all the stuff you get.  I'm sure there are quite a few current Fan Club members who never got the Sydney concert.  I'd be one of them if I hadn't gotten Zoo TV through a trade on this forum...  :)

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 03:45:38 PM »
I notice the Sydney concert is now dubbed "Zoo2 Live."  I wonder if it will have different packaging than the original fan club release.

From the picture it looks the same. I think they are just trying to get rid of old stock.

morgan1098

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 03:54:05 PM »
I notice the Sydney concert is now dubbed "Zoo2 Live."  I wonder if it will have different packaging than the original fan club release.

From the picture it looks the same. I think they are just trying to get rid of old stock.

Yeah, after I wrote that I looked on the web site and it looks the same.  I'm surprised there is old stock of this still sitting around, and that it has actually taken them this long to figure out a way to unload it.  Still, it's a pretty awesome bonus.

I keep trying to renew but I constantly get a message that says "Please update your e-mail address" even though the e-mail field is already filled in.  I'm guessing it's just a glitch due to heavy traffic.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 03:58:24 PM »
Holy cow.  Once again, this is pretty awesome and the second year in a row that the U2 gift is actually worth getting.

I notice the Sydney concert is now dubbed "Zoo2 Live."  I wonder if it will have different packaging than the original fan club release.  The $85 isn't bad considering all the stuff you get.  I'm sure there are quite a few current Fan Club members who never got the Sydney concert.  I'd be one of them if I hadn't gotten Zoo TV through a trade on this forum...  :)

It was actually referred to as "Zoo2 Live" when it was first announced as well.  It's just the same gift - extras they are getting rid of - from the looks of it.  So the additional $35 gets you "U22" and "Zoo TV Live" which is pretty cool if you don't have those previous gifts...

George

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2012, 05:33:54 PM »
The first two downloads offered are to be: "No Line on the Horizon" and "Spanish Eyes" - and the announcement mentions these are not on "U22" nor are they on "Edge's Picks" which i assume is the title of the new CD included with the gift.

The downloads can be viewed by going to u2.com.  Log in to your account. When you are in choose profile at the top right, and you should see them there.  There are two tracks, "No Line on the Horizon" and "Spanish Eyes".  Both are 320kbps.  Both are labeled as being from the album "FROM THE GROUND UP:  Edge's Picks From U2360°".

I am entertained (but also annoyed) at how quickly U2.com can contradict itself.  If this website was a person, it could run for office (ha!).

Really though, I (like all of you I'm sure) do hope that these two downloads are truly just bonuses and that there are 15 other tracks we'll be receiving, not 13.

This seems like a great package, again showing U2.com's  learning from the years on end of gifting out mostly previously released material following but complaints.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2012, 06:25:51 AM »
They are labeled with that title, but they aren't showing a track number or anything, and they've been pretty clear throughout that these two songs are bonus tracks. They've also said "Unknown Caller" remains a bonus track, not on either CD. 

Twenty-four tracks didn't make the U22 CD, three of them have been released as bonus tracks:
No Line On the Horizon
Unknown Caller
Spanish Eyes

That leaves the following 21 unreleased at this point:
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Remix)
Vertigo
I Will Follow
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Pride (In the Name of Love)
New Year’s Day
Breathe
Electrical Storm
Miss Sarajevo
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
In A Little While
Get On Your Boots
Mothers Of The Disappeared
Desire
Return Of The Stingray Guitar
Your Blue Room
Party Girl
Angel Of Harlem
Scarlet

Wonder if Edge picked from among those songs or if he was able to pick from any songs played on the tour?  It certainly seems like Electrical Storm and Get on Your Boots will be making this compilation from the promotional videos U2 is including advertising this compilation.

morgan1098

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2012, 10:46:28 AM »
I'm guessing "Edge's Picks" will be selected only from those 21 songs.

Then next year, the remaining six tracks will get released as "Larry's Losers."

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2012, 03:07:48 PM »
Sadly the songs I want to see the most add up to six.  LOL.

"40" (Live from Moncton)
Mothers of the Disappeared (Live from Istanbul)
Your Blue Room
Party Girl
Return of the Stingray Guitar
I'll Go Crazy.

There you have it.  The six songs I really really want.  Wanna bet they don't make it?  LOL.

George

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2012, 05:34:34 PM »
I agree, Aaron, with those choices.  I'd also like to see:
-Breathe
-Electrical Storm
-Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
-Party Girl
-Scarlet

Not necessarily because I like them, but more because it'd be nice to have Breathe, Electrical Storm, and Scarlet officially on a CD, Party Girl because it hasn't been released live since 1983, and HMTMKMKM because I like the studio version a lot (try and make sense of that).