Author Topic: Achtung Baby 20!  (Read 64883 times)

bobni

Re: Achtung Baby 20!
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2011, 03:09:23 AM »
Anyone have their Uber set yet? Apparently it comes with a download code and I was wondering what the content was. I only ordered the Super myself.

I've got the Uber edition since Friday.
So far the website for the bonus material doesn't work so I can't tell you what the content is.
I expect it to open in the next couple of days when AB is available worldwide.

The box is absolutely stunning by the way...

George

« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2011, 11:31:30 AM »
My U2 purchases are all based solely on musical content, so I only ordered the Super Deluxe, not the Uber.  I'll be really annoyed if there's a surprise download available to Uber owners and not Super Deluxe orders.  It really would have influenced my order choice.

santiago2u

• starchitect...then, father!
« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2011, 11:06:54 AM »
I'm in Australia so I'll probably get mine in time for the 40th anniversary, but I know my bank account has been debited the amount so I assume it shouldn't be too far away for others.

:::: HA HHAH HA HA AHAHAA   ;D

bobni

« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2011, 12:47:50 PM »
Quick update about the Uber Box download site.

http://achtung.pushexp.com/welcome/

It's pretty self explanatory... no extra content that isn't part of either the super or uber box so far.

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2011, 06:36:19 PM »
Have you downloaded any of the WAV files yet, bobni?

Curious to know whether they are just CD/Redbook standard (16 bit, 44.1 kHz). The phrase "high quality digital version" has me hoping for 24/96 or something of the like.

slaneman

« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2011, 11:18:12 PM »
Any US people having problems playing the Zoo TV Sydney show DVD? I'm reading about problems with this disc only and not sure what the cause is--perhaps Universal packaged wrong region for the US? It will probably play fine on your PC but not your DVD player.

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2011, 06:36:01 AM »
I've been hearing the same thing, but it's not a region problem, exactly. Apparently the disc is in PAL format, which won't play on most North American (NTSC) DVD players and TVs. Sounds like Universal is going to have a big disc exchange program on their hands.

My set hasn't shipped yet, so I can't check mine.  :-[

morgan1098

« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2011, 11:34:56 AM »
I heard about this too, so I tried it out last night.  My discs were ordered from amazon US (although like all Super Deluxe sets, there's a "Disc made in Germany" sticker on the outside).  The DVDs themselves all say "NTSC" on them, but they also have that "FSK-0" logo on them that is an EU rating, which I have never seen on US DVDs before.

ANYWAY, Zoo TV played fine for me.  Keep in mind that I have a blu-ray player.  It's possible that the DVD is PAL, but that my blu-ray player somehow works around that.  I don't know.  I also watched the "From the Sky Down" DVD and it worked fine as well.

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2011, 12:04:37 PM »
You can pop it into your computer to figure out what format it is. VLC or pretty much any DVD software should give you the info.

PAL is 576i, 25 fps while NTSC is 480i, 29.97 fps.

slaneman

« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2011, 01:32:25 PM »
It's PAL. I just got mine and popped it in my PS3 and it tells you on the screen. It won't play. What a screw up. Oh my. LOLOLOL
They'll have to re-master their labeling system at Universal. NTSC label. PAL disc. Tsk

Best Buy told me up front they don't take returns on any opened product like this.

I don't care. I'll check the other DVDs later. I already have ZooTV DVD and the fan club audio etc and have watched and listened to that show a gazillion times. Yes it had the German label and EU rating mentioned by Morgan1098.

The book is awesome, the prints are awesome. I already knew the new tracks were awesome. Early merry xmas to me.

Every big name rock band has similar such pricey boxes for sale right now.

Z000

• And I have no reasons, no reasons to get back
« Reply #85 on: November 02, 2011, 01:37:53 PM »
In my experience, most computer DVD drives can play either NTSC or PAL. You might need particularly good software; VLC is my current go-to movie player, be it DVD or otherwise.

Z000

• And I have no reasons, no reasons to get back
« Reply #86 on: November 02, 2011, 01:39:37 PM »
And now for something completely different:

1. Can anyone tell me if Can't Help Falling In Love (Mystery Train Dub) is the same version as on the vinyl Salomé release?
2. Did anyone order the Uber Deluxe and not want their sunglasses?

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2011, 07:32:47 PM »
What's the story about the alternate (though not labeled as such) EBTTRT? It even makes an appearance on the 2CD set, which is odd as CD2 already has the FOOW mix. At the very least it has different backing vocals and additional guitar parts, the last minute and a half are very noticeably different, but it follows the original pretty faithfully.

I'd like to see yet another AB release, with all the songs on the album done like this - updated for the present but not radically reworked. :) Bring on the nostalgia!

slaneman

« Reply #88 on: November 03, 2011, 12:32:16 AM »
Yeah, imagine you're in a small, dark cabaret and U2 comes on stage and performs that baby Love Is Blindness. The waiters would have to first collect all the glassware and sharp utensils...and when it's finished, scrape the patrons off their seats. That's one of the most amazing songs I've ever heard.

bobni

« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2011, 01:57:38 AM »
Have you downloaded any of the WAV files yet, bobni?

Curious to know whether they are just CD/Redbook standard (16 bit, 44.1 kHz). The phrase "high quality digital version" has me hoping for 24/96 or something of the like.

Just downloaded the first disc. Unfortunately for you Brad, the wav files are standard 16 bit, 44.1 kHz.
Each 'disc' is available as a zip file including the same tracks that are on the cd's.

On another note:
'From The Sky Down' will be released on 21st of November on DVD and Blu-Ray.
Just read on u2tour.de that extras will be included such as acoustic edtions of 'So Cruel', 'The Fly' and 'Love Is Blindness' all recorded at Hansa Studios earlies this year.
Too bad they didn't include these songs in the box set.
I can hardly see myself buying this release just for a couple of bonus tracks, but then again, I'm a collector...