Author Topic: Achtung Baby 20!  (Read 64925 times)

Z000

• And I have no reasons, no reasons to get back
Re: Achtung Baby 20!
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2011, 09:00:51 PM »
My CD titled U2 Mango Remixes For Propaganda has a remix of Mysterious Ways called the Ultimate Mix.  The CD states it was remixed by Stereo Mc’s.  It has a track time of 5:01.  My iTunes Complete U2 digital box set has a remix of Mysterious Ways called the Ultimatum Mix.  It also has a track time of 5:01.  This is just a spelling discrepancy between the CD and iTunes, right?

Yeah, those are the same song.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2011, 09:48:58 AM »
Z000, thanks for the quick reply.  I really appreciate it.  More questions, guys and girls.

My CD titled U2 Mango Remixes For Propaganda has a remix of Mysterious Ways called the Ultimate Mix.  The CD states it was remixed by Stereo Mc’s.  It has a track time of 5:01.  My iTunes Complete U2 digital box set has a remix of Mysterious Ways called the Ultimatum Mix.  It also has a track time of 5:01.  This is just a spelling discrepancy between the CD and iTunes, right?

Has anyone been able to find out any info about these tracks?
Blow Your House
Heaven And Hell
Oh Berlin
Near The Island
Down All The Days
Everybody Loves A Winner

Several of those names appeared on tracks that came out on the Salome bootleg from the tapes stolen from the Achtung Baby sessions.  None of them have been released before officially, and this is likely their first appearance.  "Down all the Days" is supposedly an early version of "Numb".  Both "Blow Your House Down" and "Heaven and Hell" have appeared to describe tracks on the Achtung Baby demos that were stolen and released as a bootleg.

morgan1098

« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2011, 05:22:05 PM »
According to this press release from Universal Italy (with finalized track list), Achtung Baby is indeed REMASTERED.  But Zooropa is not?!?!?  At least it isn't listed that way...
http://universalmusic.it/dbcommon/file/orderform/505.pdf

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2011, 06:13:59 PM »
Aaron, thanks for the interesting info on those unreleased tracks.  What an exciting time to be a U2 fan!

MDuchek

« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2011, 08:35:11 AM »
Your Mango CD is one of the "fruitlegs" which are full of spelling and track name errors and that was one of those spelling errors.  These were not released by U2 of course, they are bootleg "knock offs" of the original "Melon."  Most of them are not worth your $ but Mango was one of the best ones as it had tracks that were very hard to find like that one.  Some of the later fruitlegs were really bad in that they just took MP3s off sites like interference.com (i.e., the remixes by "Crayon" and Rock2000") and put them on a CD.  But I will admit they did a good job with the artwork for those, the spelling errors notwithstanding.

Also Aaron I sent you the Daddy's remix a while back in MP3, hope you got it.

Yeah, those are the same song.

Z000

« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2011, 02:17:36 PM »
Your Mango CD is one of the "fruitlegs" which are full of spelling and track name errors and that was one of those spelling errors.

Wow, I totally glossed over that and thought he was talking about Melon. Good catch.

morgan1098

« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2011, 02:24:45 PM »
It's interesting that on that Italian press release, a couple of the remixes are actually credited "From the Fan Club CD Melon," rather than as general Zoo-era remixes.  So really, the Achtung Baby box spans 1991-1995, which is a huge period of time.

hmtmkmkm

« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2011, 01:19:00 AM »
http://www.u2.com/news/title/achtung-baby-track-listing-revealed

Well there it is. Sure, until the experts listen and confirm it, this is as close as we can get to confirmation that the album has been remastered. Zooropa hasn't been, hopefully it gets its own remaster in a couple years for its anniversary, though.

hmtmkmkm

« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2011, 07:08:48 PM »

Well there it is. Sure, until the experts listen and confirm it, this is as close as we can get to confirmation that the album has been remastered. Zooropa hasn't been, hopefully it gets its own remaster in a couple years for its anniversary, though.

Just discovered that the page on this link no longer says the word "remastered" under each edition. I give up...

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2011, 02:31:49 AM »
A month ago, if I recall correctly, the Super Deluxe Edition (6 CDs and 4 DVDs) was priced at $143 on Amazon (US).  I just checked Amazon (US) right now, it's priced at $117.  Hopefully, this price will continue to decrease.  I don't know anything about this kind of stuff.  Why does it happen?  Does Island Records give info to Amazon?  Or does Amazon decide on their own to increase or decrease a product before its release date?  I highlighted the phrase "before its release date" because my question is specifically about that type of situation.

Z000

« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2011, 10:00:52 AM »
A month ago, if I recall correctly, the Super Deluxe Edition (6 CDs and 4 DVDs) was priced at $143 on Amazon (US).  I just checked Amazon (US) right now, it's priced at $117.  Hopefully, this price will continue to decrease.  I don't know anything about this kind of stuff.  Why does it happen?  Does Island Records give info to Amazon?  Or does Amazon decide on their own to increase or decrease a product before its release date?  I highlighted the phrase "before its release date" because my question is specifically about that type of situation.

I suspect it's a little bit of both -- they list a price as soon as an estimated one comes to them, which is open to change before release, but they also probably adjust the overhead they'll need as pre-orders are placed and product details come to light.
I'm entirely guessing, could be wrong.

morgan1098

« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2011, 10:49:30 AM »

Just discovered that the page on this link no longer says the word "remastered" under each edition. I give up...

Neil McCormick has a review copy of the Super Deluxe in-hand, and has been tweeting his impressions.  And yes, he says it is remastered.
http://twitter.com/#!/neil_mccormick

morgan1098

« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2011, 11:24:44 AM »
Woops!  Nevermind.  Even though Neil tweeted yesterday that AB was remastered, now he says:
neil_mccormick Neil McCormick
In answer to queries about Achtung Baby, I went to the source. It hasn't been remastered because it "didn't need to be", apparently ...

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2011, 07:40:58 PM »
Anyone have their Uber set yet? Apparently it comes with a download code and I was wondering what the content was. I only ordered the Super myself.

hmtmkmkm

« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2011, 11:39:00 PM »
I'm in Australia so I'll probably get mine in time for the 40th anniversary, but I know my bank account has been debited the amount so I assume it shouldn't be too far away for others.