Author Topic: 'U22' - The Ultimate U2360° Setlist  (Read 44151 times)

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
Re: 'U22' - The Ultimate U2360° Setlist
« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2012, 10:41:28 PM »
No worries.

As for the booklet, mine says November. Where did knowledge of the May date come from?

U2.com listed the correct date here:
http://www.u2.com/static/index/index/content/u22_landingpage

November 2011 is clearly a misprint because the tour was over.  ;)

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2012, 10:47:52 PM »
Regarding Even Better Than The Real Thing, why did they choose to fade the song in?  Two additional seconds of crowd noise added before the track would make it much more enjoyable.

I don't think I've heard a bootleg of that show. Perhaps they transitioned straight in from Space Oddity or something?

santiago2u

• starchitect...then, father!
« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2012, 10:26:58 PM »
Regarding Even Better Than The Real Thing, why did they choose to fade the song in?  Two additional seconds of crowd noise added before the track would make it much more enjoyable.

I don't think I've heard a bootleg of that show. Perhaps they transitioned straight in from Space Oddity or something?

::...I haven't received my package (as usual)...but perhaps it has the fade (EBTTRT - MEX - May 15th) because, at the very end, Bono says, very clear "...Even Better than Last night!"  :D

My brother and me were on attend to the Mex City show, the day before, and our guesses is that Bono says that because not for the people reaction (listen to the boots of both shows and compare, show from May 14th had an  overwhealming crowd singing and cheering).  8)

Bono Says that, because's THE EDGE's Guitar Solo Intro was great, flawless, AND the previous night, the first night and the rest of the Latin America shows had a terrible performance of the slide solo, compared to this one. Check YouTube and confirm this...Also Bono, says, after the first verse something like "turn up the bass, joe" probably was erased from the final mix too   ::)

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2012, 01:40:28 AM »
The little slide away bit before love rescue me was an unexpected treat.

morgan1098

« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2012, 09:46:09 AM »
I like the "Slide Away" snippet, too.  Strangely, "Need You Tonight" and "Never Tear Us Apart" are listed in the credits in the liner notes, but "Slide Away" is not.  I wonder why?

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2012, 10:42:32 AM »
::...I haven't received my package (as usual)...but perhaps it has the fade (EBTTRT - MEX - May 15th) because, at the very end, Bono says, very clear "...Even Better than Last night!"  :D

Even Better than last night is still in there at the end on the CD.  :)

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2012, 10:47:08 AM »
I like the "Slide Away" snippet, too.  Strangely, "Need You Tonight" and "Never Tear Us Apart" are listed in the credits in the liner notes, but "Slide Away" is not.  I wonder why?

The snippet at the end of the song from Croatia isn't named either.  I have the name for it somewhere.  Wonder why those two went without mention.  Pretty much everything else was noted.

I loved the "Slide Away" bit.  It's one of my favorite Bono projects outside of U2.

miryclay

« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2018, 10:54:22 PM »