Author Topic: I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight  (Read 83042 times)

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
Re: I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2009, 02:53:15 PM »
Interesting. Amazon UK is now listing 2 CDs and a 7" vinyl, but no tracklistings. They also have a September 7 release date.

I was just thinking that we should have heard more about an August 17 release by now.

God, Part II

« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2009, 05:17:14 PM »
Track lists? Unsourced. Any confirmation? Also says UK release September 7th.

THANKS!  Ordered!  ;D

Z000

• And I have no reasons, no reasons to get back
« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2009, 08:39:57 PM »
Track lists? Unsourced. Any confirmation? Also says UK release September 7th.

THANKS!  Ordered!  ;D

Glad to see, after the US Magnificent remixes surprise, we've learned better than to hastily order the first release in sight.  :P

God, Part II

« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2009, 07:25:03 AM »
Glad to see, after the US Magnificent remixes surprise, we've learned better than to hastily order the first release in sight.  :P

This looks much more legit and in keeping with the structure of prior single releases, doesn't have the word "promo" listed anywhere, matches the revised release date found at Amazon and, oh yeah, even with shipping to the U.S., only cost me $15, which is a damn sight better than the $100 I dropped on the CD-R promo of "Magnificent".  I figured it's worth the dice roll...

morgan1098

« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2009, 08:36:43 AM »
CD 2 is listed as a "cd single enhanced."  I wonder if that just means "maxi single" or if there is some sort of actual enhanced element on it.  Maybe the video?

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2009, 11:26:30 AM »
... or a link to a video download ala GOYB.

God, Part II

« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2009, 09:14:52 PM »
I'm not sure if this airs anywhere outside the U.S., so apologies to any readers who have no idea what I'm talking about, but does anyone agree with me that the recent Blackberry Loves U2 commercial, huge chunks of the song missing aside, improves upon the album mix of IGCIIDGCT?  I found that, when listening to NLOTH, I was often lukewarm about this track and always eager for it to wrap up so I could get into the more committed ass-kicking tone of GOYB yet every time the Blackberry commercial aired, I became enraptured by the song.  After comparing the two versions more closely to find out why I was responding to the two edits so differently, I realized that the album version of "Crazy Tonight" never has a musical payoff to the buildup of the chorus.  It's like the entire song is, pardon my crass language, a big cock tease; Bono builds up time and again "but I'm gonna go crazy if I don't go crazy tonight!" only to have the surging music immediately peter out and quiet back down.  Thematically/narratively, it makes sense, I guess--we basically end the song with its main character still unable to release, still unable to "go crazy"--but as a purely emotional, musical journey, it's terribly frustrating; we never get a cathartic release, a sonic "orgasm".  Oh, Edge has his wonderful solo, to be sure, but it's not placed in the right, the best, emotional juncture of the track.  However, in the Blackberry commercial, after Bono fires out his chorus in a passionate blast, we immediately move into Edge's solo--ah, at last, the divine emotional payoff I've been waiting for!  For me, this really profoundly improves upon the power of the song and takes it from being just a middling track to a real standout.  I've never been so aware of the importance of musical editing like this before.  Though I'm not holding out hope, I'd love it if this edit is part of the so-called "Single Version" being released in early September.  So, am I alone in this or do you know what I'm talking about? 

Crayon

• Remaste(RED)
« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2009, 09:15:41 AM »
CD 2 is listed as a "cd single enhanced."  I wonder if that just means "maxi single" or if there is some sort of actual enhanced element on it.  Maybe the video?
The Amazon page says "Weblink" or something like that. My guess would be a video being made available at pushentertainment.com.

slaneman

« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2009, 12:30:00 AM »
Ok, just pre-ordered a special 3-fer offer, the 2 cds and the vinyl. I can sleep better now cos my mattress is less lumpy. 

And my head did not explode!  ;)

yseilys (dead)

« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2009, 02:32:04 PM »
The Cover !!!!!!

SOURCE: http://www.recordstore.co.uk/
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 04:22:16 AM by yseilys »

morgan1098

« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2009, 02:35:17 PM »
That's a cool cover.  Very reminiscent of the Popheart EP, which is odd since there aren't live tracks on this CD.  (Ok, there's the live Boston track on CD1, but that has nothing to do with the spectacle of the Claw.)

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2009, 08:59:25 AM »
I like it. I'm glad they aren't using that "sunset" look for the commercial release.

Z000

• And I have no reasons, no reasons to get back
« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2009, 02:15:36 PM »
I like it. I'm glad they aren't using that "sunset" look for the commercial release.
Agreed. Hopefully those of us who "pre-ordered" from eBay sellers are getting the single with its actual artwork.

hmtmkmkm

« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2009, 12:46:33 AM »
Just out of interest, what's the source for this cover?

I hope that's what they use also.

yseilys (dead)

« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2009, 04:22:33 AM »