Author Topic: Songs of Experience track list, formats, etc.  (Read 18582 times)

miryclay

Re: Songs of Experience track list, formats, etc.
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2018, 07:40:33 PM »
I prefer acoustic versions of Get Out Of Your Own Way versus the album version.  Where did the audio in this YouTube video come from?  I can hear an audience at certain times during the recording.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOeJCwwiAXQ

http://www.u2gigs.com/show2110.html
The audio matches the RAI YT channel

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2018, 02:01:40 AM »
Thank you very much.  I just figured it might be some fake recording because the person (who posted it) didn't mention any info about where it came from.

George

« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2018, 11:28:27 AM »
I'm still waiting on my preorder from CD Japan to arrive.  My hope is that by posting this, it will make it appear today.

It didn't work.  It finally arrived yesterday, 68 (9 weeks, 5 days) days after shipping, slightly over the estimated 2-6 weeks delivery time.

I finally got to listen to those bonus tracks (I stubbornly chose to wait for the disc to arrive).  While I'm most pleased to have them, they're admittedly a bit of a letdown after such a long wait.  I think the bonus tracks on SOI were definitely a better lot than this selection.

God, Part II

« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2018, 03:59:00 PM »
I finally got to listen to those bonus tracks (I stubbornly chose to wait for the disc to arrive).  While I'm most pleased to have them, they're admittedly a bit of a letdown after such a long wait.  I think the bonus tracks on SOI were definitely a better lot than this selection.

I'll be curious to see how/if your opinion changes regarding "Book of Your Heart" over time. I love it more and more ardently every time I hear it, and I would replace probably half of what's on the album proper with it, if I had my say. Also, for whatever it's worth, I do think the Extraordinary Mix of "Ordinary Love" is the very best mix of the track.

u2expert

« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2018, 04:21:19 PM »
Dagobah I went with the same shipping option as well from CD Japan. I got an email earlier this week saying it had shipped. I'll be sure to post here when it arrives. Hope yours get here soon!
I guess you have not yet received it.  I placed my Japan order on November 30, the email says the order shipped on December 4 and I'm still waiting.
Oh wow! Sorry I forgot to report here. Yes, I received my CDJapan copy on December 15 (I preordered it very early, though). I would give it a few more days and then maybe contact CDJapan again. The wait can apparently be up to six weeks!

My order was shipped November 30th to Canada. It arrived this Monday (February 5th), so it took just over 2 months to arrive. The packaging was excellent, box + paper + bubble wrap.

Cheers,
u2expert

dagobah

« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2018, 04:36:39 AM »
I also chose to wait for the disc to arrive from Japan so I understand how you felt during that time.

I'll be curious to see how/if your opinion changes regarding "Book of Your Heart" over time. I love it more and more ardently every time I hear it, and I would replace probably half of what's on the album proper with it, if I had my say.
I feel the same way about Book Of Your Heart.  I love it so much.  I wish it was longer.  Because of the fact that it's a bonus track, I suspect we won't ever hear any remixes of it.

My order was shipped November 30th to Canada. It arrived this Monday (February 5th), so it took just over 2 months to arrive. The packaging was excellent, box + paper + bubble wrap.
Cheers,   u2expert
I think 2+ months is ridiculous.  But I'm happy to hear you guys are finally receiving the package.

morgan1098

« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2018, 01:41:55 PM »
Dagobah I went with the same shipping option as well from CD Japan. I got an email earlier this week saying it had shipped. I'll be sure to post here when it arrives. Hope yours get here soon!
I guess you have not yet received it.  I placed my Japan order on November 30, the email says the order shipped on December 4 and I'm still waiting.
Oh wow! Sorry I forgot to report here. Yes, I received my CDJapan copy on December 15 (I preordered it very early, though). I would give it a few more days and then maybe contact CDJapan again. The wait can apparently be up to six weeks!

Cheers,
u2expert

Dang! Did you contact them at any point and get the item reshipped, or was this just how long it took for the original order? I agree about the packaging though. The Japanese still very much care about the physical aspect of music. Bless them.

u2expert

« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2018, 02:31:20 PM »

Dang! Did you contact them at any point and get the item reshipped, or was this just how long it took for the original order? I agree about the packaging though. The Japanese still very much care about the physical aspect of music. Bless them.

No, I did not contact them.
The email confirmation contained the following: "On average, it takes 2-6 weeks for delivery for this shipping method. *May take up to 12 weeks"

Cheers,
u2expert

miryclay

« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2018, 03:44:29 PM »
Thank you very much.  I just figured it might be some fake recording because the person (who posted it) didn't mention any info about where it came from.

Looks like this one was released officially!

dagobah

« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2018, 07:16:41 AM »
Looks like this one was released officially!
Thank you very much.  I bought it from the iTunes Store.  I would have only known about this new release . . . . . because of your post.   ;D

I just checked my iTunes library . . . . . I already have this live acoustic performance of Get Out Of Your Own Way.  I had previously acquired it from YouTube.  But this official release has a much higher quality sound.  I'm so happy it was released on the iTunes Store!  I'm deleting my previous version (that I acquired from YouTube).
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 09:15:45 AM by dagobah »