Author Topic: 2019 Subscription: INNOCENCE + EXPERIENCE LIVE, 2015 & 2018  (Read 26308 times)

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
Re: 2019 Subscription: INNOCENCE + EXPERIENCE LIVE, 2015 & 2018
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2019, 11:57:07 AM »
LOL, U2.com still says the full track list will be published in "early 2019" and the set will ship in "spring 2019." Ok then. By Fan Club standards they're right on schedule.

It's still Winter in Australia. :)

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2019, 03:49:59 PM »
Sometimes you get it mostly right...track list is available in the discography page now...it’s the songs below without Lucifers Hands and without Ordinary Love.

Larry's drumming on The Troubles live was one of my favorite live U2 moments.

More tracks revealed and I'm even more sure now that it's going to be Songs of Innocence songs and Songs of Experience songs.

My guess?

Disc One:
The Miracle of Joey Ramone
California (There is No End to Love)
Iris (Hold Me Close)
Cedarwood Road
Song for Someone
Raised by Wolves
Invisible
Volcano
Every Breaking Wave
The Troubles
Bonus: Lucifer's Hands
Bonus: The Crystal Ballroom
---
12 tracks

Disc Two:
Love is All We Have Left
The Blackout
Lights of Home
Red Flag Day
The Showman (Snippet) / You're the Best Thing
Summer of Love
Get Out of Your Own Way
American Soul
Landlady
Love is Bigger Than Anything in its Way
13 (There is A Light)
Bonus: The Little Things that Give You Away
Bonus: Ordinary Love
---
13 tracks

George

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2019, 02:36:28 PM »
Missing Ordinary Love is fine - I understand the reasoning if it's not a "song of experience".  Not having Lucifer's Hands, though, just seems like a missed opportunity to be complete.  Then again, this band is pretty notorious for leaving things just short of complete when it comes to releasing anything live.

I demand a bonus download-only track!

morgan1098

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2019, 09:08:57 AM »
Well, U2.com has 8 days remaining in order to live up to their recent email that this set will begin shipping "in August." Will it happen? I say no. But I'd love to be wrong!

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2019, 04:28:31 PM »
Well, U2.com has 8 days remaining in order to live up to their recent email that this set will begin shipping "in August." Will it happen? I say no. But I'd love to be wrong!

They didn't email that one I don't think...that's what operators had been telling people when they called in...I'm told they should be going out any day now though...

BlueBlue

Re: 2019 Subscription INNOCENCE EXPERIENCE LIVE 2015 2018
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2019, 09:36:26 AM »
Has anyone here had any experience using/testing live grading?
Either the pomfort, filmlight flip or colorfront offerings?
Please post experiences here
Thank you

No, I don't, Martin.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2019, 07:49:02 AM »
LOL, U2.com still says the full track list will be published in "early 2019" and the set will ship in "spring 2019." Ok then. By Fan Club standards they're right on schedule.

It's still Winter in Australia. :)

It's Spring in Australia now.  Looks like it's right on time.

morgan1098

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2019, 10:15:47 AM »
Anyone receive their CDs yet? :) It looks like mine shipped 3 days ago so I'm hoping today is the day.

bobni

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2019, 02:00:42 PM »
Not yet. Just received an email with shipping info! Unfortunately tracking is not working.... as usual...

morgan1098

« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2019, 12:48:17 PM »
This is the first U2 live release I've heard where it really strikes me just how much of the music is "piped in" rather than played live... the strings on "Lights of Home," Kendrick Lamar's and Lykke Li's voices (you can also clearly hear Lady Gaga on "Summer of Love" although the sample isn't credited in the liner notes like the other two are), etc. I know a lot of this is triggered by Terry Lawless under the stage, and that this has been happening for years, it just really stands out on this release for some reason. Even so, it's cool hearing two full CDs worth of new music rather than all the old war horses like New Year's Day!

MartinTexas

« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2019, 04:15:42 PM »
Missing Ordinary Love is fine - I understand the reasoning if it's not a "song of experience".  Not having Lucifer's Hands, though, just seems like a missed opportunity to be complete.  Then again, this band is pretty notorious for leaving things just short of complete when it comes to releasing anything live.

I demand a bonus download-only track!
+1
When I read that they will include all SoI song that were played and The Crystal Ballroom within I thought at the same moment why the hell they omitted Lucifer's Hands!?!? Why? This song doesn't has luck to be on any official release - remember when "early version" Return of  Stingray Guitar was lost in voting for U22 and next on The Edge's Picks.   :-\ 
Other thing is that LH would fit very good as both CDs would have then for 12 tracks.

As for Ordinary Love - it could also be there, as Invisible can. I wouldn't mention it, but it also misses next opportunity to released in live version as they ommited it along with Sweetest Thing in bonus tracks on Paris e+I DVD/BD, still don't know why.

This is the first U2 live release I've heard where it really strikes me just how much of the music is "piped in" rather than played live... the strings on "Lights of Home," Kendrick Lamar's and Lykke Li's voices (you can also clearly hear Lady Gaga on "Summer of Love" although the sample isn't credited in the liner notes like the other two are), etc. I know a lot of this is triggered by Terry Lawless under the stage, and that this has been happening for years, it just really stands out on this release for some reason. Even so, it's cool hearing two full CDs worth of new music rather than all the old war horses like New Year's Day!

Yeah a little bit too much maybe. The Troubles is a killer for me - sounds great, especially long solo at the end, not faded like on album version.

I thought they will play The Troubles much more on e+I Tour, like a closer and maybe would had at least one opportunity to play it live with Lykke Li - that version would be probably even better.
Other option could be that part of Lykke Li could sing The Edge, but don't know how it would fit.

PS. I downloaded all tracks from U2.com and see all have fadein/fade out apart from GOOYOW->American Soul and LIAWHL->The Blackout. I thought it would be seamless as U22.  :-X
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 04:37:38 PM by MartinTexas »

George

« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2019, 01:54:47 PM »
PS. I downloaded all tracks from U2.com and see all have fadein/fade out apart from GOOYOW->American Soul and LIAWHL->The Blackout. I thought it would be seamless as U22.  :-X

I'm not sure how I feel about the fades.  I don't find that it has really bothered me at all as I've listened to the album start-to-finish.  I thought it would grate on me, but no.

I must commend U2.com for, for the first time since whatever preceded U22, shipping me something that didn't get at least one of it's corners dented/folded/smashed during shipping!  Really, the whole thing was in prefect condition and I'm really happy about that.

The photos in the booklet are nice, but unfortunately I'll never look at them again.  It's such a nicely produced product, I just wish that they had included some sort of text with maybe anecdotal information, tour stats, quotes...anything really.  This is one of those rare times when I judged a book by its cover and was let down.

Overall, this product ranks third for what I know I'll enjoy from it, behind U22 (musically equal, behind on the booklet) and From The Ground Up (musically better, far behind on the book(let)).

I wonder if there'll be a follow-up gift in the same vein as FTGU followed U22, maybe next time being a collection of all the other tracks...

morgan1098

« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2020, 06:25:18 PM »
Any inside word on the 2020 gift yet, or when the announcement is coming? As usual I only have a few days left on my membership and I'm not sure if I want to take the plunge, especially with no live dates likely for a while.

God, Part II

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2020, 02:16:02 PM »
Any inside word on the 2020 gift yet, or when the announcement is coming? As usual I only have a few days left on my membership and I'm not sure if I want to take the plunge, especially with no live dates likely for a while.

I have zero inside knowledge, but there are supposed to be physical releases of both the JOSHUA TREE 2017 (and 2019?) tour and the eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE 2018 tour upcoming and, in this day of dying physical media sales, I'm expecting one or both of these to be turned into fan club exclusives (and, if I'm right, I desperately hope they include Blu-ray as an option, and don't cheapen out with a DVD-only release, like Coldplay did last year with their Butterfly package release).

morgan1098

« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2020, 06:33:10 PM »

I have zero inside knowledge, but there are supposed to be physical releases of both the JOSHUA TREE 2017 (and 2019?) tour and the eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE 2018 tour upcoming and, in this day of dying physical media sales, I'm expecting one or both of these to be turned into fan club exclusives (and, if I'm right, I desperately hope they include Blu-ray as an option, and don't cheapen out with a DVD-only release, like Coldplay did last year with their Butterfly package release).

I have a feeling we might get something related to these tours as well. Actually, I'd like to see the JT Tour hit shops as a Blu-ray (and a streaming option of course) and have the Fan Club release the audio on CD.