Author Topic: SOE Additional Non-Album "Official" Tracks/Videos  (Read 85374 times)

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
Re: SOE Additional Non-Album "Official" Tracks/Videos
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2018, 11:48:42 PM »
And I'm disappointed that there's no download card included.  There's simply no reason not to include one.
Thanks for the additional confirmation on that download voucher.

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2018, 10:40:30 AM »
And I'm disappointed that there's no download card included.  There's simply no reason not to include one.

I bought three albums and five singles yesterday. Not a single one of them came with a download code.  >:(

morgan1098

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2018, 10:15:24 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if the Beck track is eventually made available as a download for U2.com members, or maybe streaming. I too am shocked that like many other vinyl releases, a download code was not included. I know record companies are loving the vinyl craze, but do they really believe everyone is reverting back to vinyl-only? People still want to take their music with them.

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2018, 03:11:16 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if the Beck track is eventually made available as a download for U2.com members, or maybe streaming.
Well, check this out.  Tonight, I found this info on the u2songs.com discography page for the Lights Of Home Single:
On April 26, 2018 the Beck Remix of the song “Lights of Home” will be released to digital services as well, and will be available for purchase at iTunes and other digital storefronts, and will be streamable on streaming services.

I just purchased Lights Of Home [Free Yourself / Beck Remix] as an individual track from the iTunes Store.  I'm so happy.  At the same time, as I reflect on the past 2 months . . . . . . I shake my head in frustration.  All that time, I worried about whether or not this U2 remix would be available to legally purchase or to acquire in some other way.  All of that anxiety could have been avoided if someone (in U2 management/U2 record label) would have just informed us that it would be available to purchase from the iTunes Store.  Yes, I know . . . . . first-world problems.

When it comes to a brand new album release, then I understand why info is kept secret.  But in this situation, it's just a remix on a very limited edition Single release.  This info seems like it could be given out way ahead of time.

miryclay

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2018, 07:50:37 AM »
U2s marketing strategy is to have fans buy vinyl. Period. Google news search The Cure, Mixed Up and they did the same thing. If collectors weren't chasing down some lost Australian edit what would they be doing.

George

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2018, 10:55:54 PM »
Very well said, Dagobah.

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2018, 11:33:24 AM »
U2s marketing strategy is to have fans buy vinyl. Period. Google news search The Cure, Mixed Up and they did the same thing. If collectors weren't chasing down some lost Australian edit what would they be doing.

A CD box set of Mixed Up with the new remixes is coming out in June. To be fair, they did announce the CD box set before the vinyl went on sale for RSD. But yeah, no download code with the vinyl, so they are sort of double dipping.

With respect to U2, there is a lot of surface noise on the Lights of Home vinyl. I wasted a lot of time trying to get a semi-clean vinyl rip before the download dropped.  :P

George

« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2018, 09:34:21 AM »
With respect to U2, there is a lot of surface noise on the Lights of Home vinyl. I wasted a lot of time trying to get a semi-clean vinyl rip before the download dropped.  :P

My understanding is that vinyl picture discs just don't have the same audio quality as plain vinyl.  Apparently the grooves aren't cut as deep as on regular vinyl because the vinyl is thinner (it's sandwiching a layer of paper with the picture).

George

« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2018, 11:49:15 AM »
Thread updated with "Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way - EP (Remixes)" tracks.

It's called an EP, but I don't get it.  It seems like a single to me.

BlueBlue

« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2018, 06:07:07 AM »
I guess the "American Soul (Instrumental)" should be added here as well.

morgan1098

« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2018, 05:21:39 PM »
Thread updated with "Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way - EP (Remixes)" tracks.

It's called an EP, but I don't get it.  It seems like a single to me.

More digital age confusion. Now a "single" is just a 1-track download. In the old days at least there was a b-side. I guess since there are 3-tracks on this download, it's considered an EP. Whatever. Back in the day WOWY, ISHFWILF, etc. had three tracks and they were just "singles."

People always say the album is dead in the digital age, but I think it might be that the SINGLE is dead. I mean, how many tracks have been released to promote SOI? Identifying which ones are "singles" and which ones are just random tracks designed to get shares and likes is a daunting task. Kudos to Aaron for trying to keep it sorted in the discography, though.  :)

zeejaydee

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2018, 07:22:22 PM »
Anyone see a significant difference with the Radio Edit of Get Out of Your Own Way? When I downloaded the file, It just said it was track 4 of 13 and didn't seem to be really any different

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2018, 09:30:26 AM »
Anyone see a significant difference with the Radio Edit of Get Out of Your Own Way? When I downloaded the file, It just said it was track 4 of 13 and didn't seem to be really any different

Downloaded from where? The radio edit on playiga.com is shorter by about 36 seconds. Shorter intro and then fades out before Kendrick Lamar's bit.

zeejaydee

« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2018, 09:26:20 AM »

Downloaded from where? The radio edit on playiga.com is shorter by about 36 seconds. Shorter intro and then fades out before Kendrick Lamar's bit.

You can download the linked file from playiga.com. It's just a hosted mp3 file

miryclay

« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2018, 10:48:48 AM »
Blessed are the editors, for they create the majic.