Author Topic: Album Artwork in iTunes  (Read 9596 times)

U2Joshua

Re: Album Artwork in iTunes
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2017, 12:32:37 PM »
hmmm...  not sure?  anyone?

I can see them fine, still...

Unless someone has a better way to upload images, and I'm all ears, all I've ever known to do is send myself an email with any images I want to upload.  Once I send the email, I go open the email and the images within it, copy the web address of each image, and then paste that web address in to the forum post as an image-link.

Even in you quoting me in your post above, I see all of the images.

Try accessing it on your phone...  I wonder if a firewall may block them from Google's servers, where you work?

...and, Don... if you want to try this - just have me over for a beer 8)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 12:34:27 PM by U2Joshua »

morgan1098

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2017, 01:55:30 PM »

Unless someone has a better way to upload images, and I'm all ears, all I've ever known to do is send myself an email with any images I want to upload.  Once I send the email, I go open the email and the images within it, copy the web address of each image, and then paste that web address in to the forum post as an image-link.

Try accessing it on your phone...  I wonder if a firewall may block them from Google's servers, where you work?

No luck on the phone either! :(  I think I usually have to put the photos on a site like photobucket to get them to upload here... but I know that's a huge pain.

U2Joshua

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2017, 03:00:31 PM »

No luck on the phone either! :(  I think I usually have to put the photos on a site like photobucket to get them to upload here... but I know that's a huge pain.

hhmmm...  okay.  Still curious if anyone else is able to see these, or if this is limited to Don.

I'll explore photobucket options.

morgan1098

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2017, 03:22:36 PM »

hhmmm...  okay.  Still curious if anyone else is able to see these, or if this is limited to Don.

I'll explore photobucket options.

Wait until someone else here confirms. It's very possible it's some weird techie issue on my end. Photobucket should be a last resort because Photobucket SUX.

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2017, 05:07:17 PM »
I can't see the images either. Probably only someone signed into your email account can.

But thanks for the tutorial.

U2Joshua

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2017, 05:36:55 PM »
I can't see the images either. Probably only someone signed into your email account can.

But thanks for the tutorial.

son of a...

okay.  I'll photobucket (or something else), later tonight.

any alternative suggestions?

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2017, 01:57:07 AM »
I just got home from work and here's my feedback on the images issue.
On page 1 of this thread, I now see images in U2Joshua's post from:

June 5, 2017   10:39:30 PM

However, I did not see those images on the day that post was submitted.

U2Joshua

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2017, 08:38:19 AM »
I just got home from work and here's my feedback on the images issue.
On page 1 of this thread, I now see images in U2Joshua's post from:

June 5, 2017   10:39:30 PM

However, I did not see those images on the day that post was submitted.

Thanks, man.  Now I know.  And, I lament that I've posted photos, many times before, only now realizing they were never seen.  :(  Never again!  :P

okay, @dagobah, I've updated all photos in this post, now, FWIW.  Please confirm visibility, and if you're still interested, hopefully my first set of photos will still prove helpful in navigating various iTunes views, etc.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 09:06:41 AM by U2Joshua »

dagobah

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2017, 11:44:11 AM »
Thanks, man.  Now I know.  And, I lament that I've posted photos, many times before, only now realizing they were never seen.  :(  Never again!  :P

okay, @dagobah, I've updated all photos in this post, now, FWIW.  Please confirm visibility, and if you're still interested, hopefully my first set of photos will still prove helpful in navigating various iTunes views, etc.
Like I wrote in my post above, I see all the photos in your post on page 1 of this thread.  It's a great explanation and I really appreciate it.  My iTunes Library is in the Songs View.  And I choose not to show artwork because, for me, it takes up too much space.

I want only these columns of info on my iTunes track screen (from left to right):
Track NameTrack TimeArtistAlbumCommentsNumber Of Plays

Yes, I could also have a column for Kind, but I rarely need that info.  And since I rarely need that info, I don't want it cluttering up my iTunes screen.  But when I do want that info, I right-click on the track, choose Get Info and look at the top left of the Get Info box.  There will either be Album Artwork or . . . . . . the generic iTunes image of a musical note.  If I see Album Artwork, it better be because I purchased the track from iTunes, Amazon, Beatport, etc.

But with this new discovery (new for me) of iTunes . . . . . on its own . . . . . . adding Album Artwork to tracks that I imported from my own CDs . . . . . . I am not happy.  In my mind, I expect to see Album Artwork only for tracks I purchased.

Today, I discovered its not just U2 albums.  Its with many other albums, too.  So now . . . . . . some of my imported tracks have Album Artwork and some don't.  iTunes thinks it is providing me a benefit, but its not a benefit for me.  I will now delete all the Album Artwork that iTunes added because I prefer the simplicity and the consistency of my long established way of knowing which tracks were purchased.  We all have our quirks and this is one of mine.  I just hope iTunes doesn't add the Album Artwork again . . . . . . at some point in the future.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 11:46:15 AM by dagobah »

U2Joshua

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2017, 01:41:46 PM »

Like I wrote in my post above, I see all the photos in your post on page 1 of this thread.  It's a great explanation and I really appreciate it.  My iTunes Library is in the Songs View.  And I choose not to show artwork because, for me, it takes up too much space.

I want only these columns of info on my iTunes track screen (from left to right):
Track NameTrack TimeArtistAlbumCommentsNumber Of Plays

Yes, I could also have a column for Kind, but I rarely need that info.  And since I rarely need that info, I don't want it cluttering up my iTunes screen.  But when I do want that info, I right-click on the track, choose Get Info and look at the top left of the Get Info box.  There will either be Album Artwork or . . . . . . the generic iTunes image of a musical note.  If I see Album Artwork, it better be because I purchased the track from iTunes, Amazon, Beatport, etc.

But with this new discovery (new for me) of iTunes . . . . . on its own . . . . . . adding Album Artwork to tracks that I imported from my own CDs . . . . . . I am not happy.  In my mind, I expect to see Album Artwork only for tracks I purchased.

Today, I discovered its not just U2 albums.  Its with many other albums, too.  So now . . . . . . some of my imported tracks have Album Artwork and some don't.  iTunes thinks it is providing me a benefit, but its not a benefit for me.  I will now delete all the Album Artwork that iTunes added because I prefer the simplicity and the consistency of my long established way of knowing which tracks were purchased.  We all have our quirks and this is one of mine.  I just hope iTunes doesn't add the Album Artwork again . . . . . . at some point in the future.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 03:15:20 PM by U2Joshua »

dagobah

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2017, 10:01:20 PM »
Hm . . . that's interesting.  When I went to my Store Preferences box, the box for Automatically download album artwork was not checked.  And because of that, iTunes should not have been adding Album Artwork to my tracks.

The only one that had a box checked was:  Share details about your library with Apple

Oh . . . . . wait a minute
I just did something while I was typing this reply.  Above those selections, there is some info.  It says I must sign-in to change my Store Preferences.  Well, shit . . . . . . . I wasn't signed-in.  OK so . . . . . . now I am going to sign-in.  Now, the Store Preferences box has different boxes checked.  The boxes for these are now checked:
-  Sync playback information across devices
-  Automatically download album artwork

Well, there it is!  That solves my problem.
So all this time (ever since I have had iTunes), I was not signed-in to my iTunes account whenever I made changes to my Store preferences box.  And so . . . . . . those changes were not actually made!  So it was my fault for not being signed-in.  No wonder iTunes was adding Album Artwork to my tracks.  I would not have learned this without you, U2Joshua.  Thank you so much!

U2Joshua

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2017, 11:29:46 PM »
 8)

Awesome!  hope it works out.  ...glad to help.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2017, 01:16:15 PM »
I can see all the images he's been posting just fine :)