Author Topic: New U2 album SONGS OF INNOCENCE  (Read 90377 times)

morgan1098

Re: New U2 album SONGS OF INNOCENCE
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2014, 04:51:11 PM »
Amazon France is listing "Invisible" as a hidden track on Disc 2 after the Tchad Blake remix. Still no details on the acoustic tracks.

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00NI5RLOW/ref=s9_simh_gw_p15_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A1X6FK5RDHNB96&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=15BB33714KZS5V7G17CB&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=455673027&pf_rd_i=405320

morgan1098

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2014, 08:31:48 PM »
DISC 2 TRACK LIST based on amazon's pre-order for the digital version. I'm still convinced "Invisible" will be a hidden track at the end. Either that or it's one of the three tracks reserved for specific retailers:

Lucifer's hands
The crystal ballroom
Every breaking wave (acoustic)
California (acoustic)
Raised by wolves (acoustic)
Cedarwood road (acoustic)
Song for someone (acoustic)
The miracle (busker version)
The troubles (alternative version)
Sleep like a baby tonight (alternative perspective mix by tchad blake)

http://www.amazon.com/Songs-Innocence-Deluxe-digital-booklet/dp/B00NX53H2W/ref=sr_1_22?ie=UTF8&qid=1411694991&sr=8-22&keywords=u2+songs+of+innocence

God, Part II

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2014, 09:38:40 PM »
Also, updated cover art:

Yeesh. And I thought full-frontal Adam on some covers of ACHTUNG BABY was controversial. Strange, strange cover.

George

« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2014, 08:25:31 AM »
DISC 2 TRACK LIST based on amazon's pre-order for the digital version. I'm still convinced "Invisible" will be a hidden track at the end. Either that or it's one of the three tracks reserved for specific retailers:

Lucifer's hands
The crystal ballroom
Every breaking wave (acoustic)
California (acoustic)
Raised by wolves (acoustic)
Cedarwood road (acoustic)
Song for someone (acoustic)
The miracle (busker version)
The troubles (alternative version)
Sleep like a baby tonight (alternative perspective mix by tchad blake)

http://www.amazon.com/Songs-Innocence-Deluxe-digital-booklet/dp/B00NX53H2W/ref=sr_1_22?ie=UTF8&qid=1411694991&sr=8-22&keywords=u2+songs+of+innocence

Thanks for that!

I just re-checked Amazon.ca and noticed they have also updated their page with the new cover image and a track list.  The second disc is listed as follows:

Disc: 2
1. Lucifer's Hands
2. The Crystal Ballroom
3. Acoustic Sessions
4. The Troubles (Alternative Version)
5. Sleep Like A Baby Tonight (Alternative Perspective Mix by Tchad Blake)

They list the vinyl bonus track as "The Crystal Ballroom 12" Mix", so perhaps it's not quite a remix as much as an extended version/

Current pre-order prices are:
1CD: $10.00
2CD: $12.99
2LP: $34.18

morgan1098

« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2014, 09:07:49 AM »
Amazon.uk has track times for all the bonus tracks. Sleep Like a Baby Tonight (Tchad Blake Mix) is over ten minutes, which is almost a guarantee that "Invisible" is actually a hidden track at the end.

morgan1098

« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2014, 09:29:12 AM »
More details on the deluxe edition packaging from the Island Records pre-order page:

This is a bespoke 6-panel digipak format printed full colour with high-shine clear gloss, spot varnish overprint.

There will be 2 x CD printed wallets inserted either end of the package containing 2 CDs.

Each CD label will have a white printed body with a high-shine clear gloss, spot varnish overprint.

There will also be 2 x 16-panel booklets inserted at either end of the digipak.

morgan1098

« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2014, 10:47:34 AM »

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2014, 11:14:59 AM »
Physical cover courtesy of Amp Visual...

https://twitter.com/AmpVisualDesign/status/515520591462674432

I'm going to take a moment to thank DON for bringing over all these little bits of news today.  Thanks to everyone who brings us info.  It's always appreciated.

morgan1098

« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2014, 12:06:19 PM »
It's fun scouring for the latest tidbits of information!  :) Not very productive to real life, but definitely fun.  Feeling genuinely excited about a new U2 release is something that I didn't think was going to happen again.

That said, the only missing piece of the puzzle now is the three additional tracks that Billboard said the band set aside for retail exclusives. Where will these show up? Here are my guesses:

Target--In the US, Target has generally emerged as the king of bonus tracks. They scored a big victory recently with the deluxe edition of Coldplay's new album with three bonus tracks. Even though they have publicly stated that they won't sell CDs in their stores that were previously online, I think they could come around in this case. I wouldn't be surprised to see the deluxe show up there with two or maybe even all three bonus tracks.

Best Buy--Best Buy's bonus incentives have been pretty weak lately. Still, I could see them getting a bonus track for the deluxe SOI.

Amazon--There have been quite a few recent CD releases with amazon exclusive bonus tracks. The latest Paul McCartney album is a good example.

Barnes and Noble--they still offer the occasional CD with exclusive tracks, but I'd say it's a long shot for the U2 album.

Indie Stores--This is also a long shot, but it's something I'd really like to see happen. Considering the album's themes of growing up as a band in Dublin in the 1970s, this would make perfect sense. It would be AWESOME to have an indie store exclusive with all three bonus tracks. Plus, it would lessen the sting that indie stores undoubtedly felt from the free iTunes release. On the other hand, there probably aren't enough indie record stores even operating any more to justify this.  :(

That's my take from a US-centric perspective. Hopefully we'll know soon!

George

« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2014, 12:24:25 PM »
Indie Stores--This is also a long shot, but it's something I'd really like to see happen. Considering the album's themes of growing up as a band in Dublin in the 1970s, this would make perfect sense. It would be AWESOME to have an indie store exclusive with all three bonus tracks. Plus, it would lessen the sting that indie stores undoubtedly felt from the free iTunes release. On the other hand, there probably aren't enough indie record stores even operating any more to justify this.  :(

An indie store exclusive - what a great idea that would be!  I didn't realize how just how much giving exclusive tracks to big retailers can hurt the independents.

u2expert

« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2014, 05:54:11 PM »
I hope hdtracks.com lists the deluxe edition at 196kHz/24bit shortly. Similar to the remastered Achtung Baby album, though that was at 44.1kHz/24bit.

Cheers,
u2expert

sleus

« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2014, 09:28:51 AM »
It's fun scouring for the latest tidbits of information!  :) Not very productive to real life, but definitely fun.  Feeling genuinely excited about a new U2 release is something that I didn't think was going to happen again.

That said, the only missing piece of the puzzle now is the three additional tracks that Billboard said the band set aside for retail exclusives. Where will these show up? Here are my guesses:

Target--In the US, Target has generally emerged as the king of bonus tracks. They scored a big victory recently with the deluxe edition of Coldplay's new album with three bonus tracks. Even though they have publicly stated that they won't sell CDs in their stores that were previously online, I think they could come around in this case. I wouldn't be surprised to see the deluxe show up there with two or maybe even all three bonus tracks.

Best Buy--Best Buy's bonus incentives have been pretty weak lately. Still, I could see them getting a bonus track for the deluxe SOI.

Amazon--There have been quite a few recent CD releases with amazon exclusive bonus tracks. The latest Paul McCartney album is a good example.

Barnes and Noble--they still offer the occasional CD with exclusive tracks, but I'd say it's a long shot for the U2 album.

That's my take from a US-centric perspective. Hopefully we'll know soon!

And maybe Starbucks? They had some exclusives in the past as well

George

« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2014, 11:58:35 AM »

I feel the same way!  I wasn't excited about Ordinary Love, and with Invisible, it happened and then it was done.  All this time leading up to the release, I've been just hoping it was good.  To be excited is something I didn't expect, and I'm really happy about that.

morgan1098

« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2014, 05:55:05 PM »
The deluxe SOI has appeared on Target's web site. Since they usually don't sell music previously available online, I'm guessing they're selling this one because they've been offered exclusive tracks. While there are no bonus tracks listed YET, I think this listing will be updated soon with one or two exclusive songs.
http://www.target.com/p/u2-songs-of-innocence-special-edition-2-cd-set/-/A-16577635#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=u2+songs+of+innocence

miryclay

« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2014, 11:29:59 AM »
It should be interesting to hear the Tchad Blake remix. He is the one who recorded Pearl Jams's experimental Bianural album. Here is some info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binaural_recording