Author Topic: Emmylou Harris "Wrecking Ball" Remaster.  (Read 10602 times)

morgan1098

Re: Emmylou Harris "Wrecking Ball" Remaster.
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2014, 09:21:53 AM »
Emmylou has released a lot of country-sounding records, but this ain't one of them. It's more like a Danny Lanois album with Emmylou doing the vocals.  I understand your reservations, though. I'm not a country music fan either.  :)

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2014, 07:38:46 PM »
"Wrecking Ball" is one of my all time favorite albums. Glad I discovered it by the U2 connection, fell in love with it on it's own merits.

miryclay

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2014, 01:19:41 PM »
Thanks Brad. Good to know.

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2014, 10:54:57 PM »
The 24-bit is on sale for $20.78 this week on HDtracks. Use the code Facebook10 to get an extra 10% off.

http://www.hdtracks.com/specials-of-the-week/emmylou-harris-wrecking-ball

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2014, 07:12:47 AM »
Emmylou has released a lot of country-sounding records, but this ain't one of them. It's more like a Danny Lanois album with Emmylou doing the vocals.  I understand your reservations, though. I'm not a country music fan either.  :)
"Wrecking Ball" is one of my all time favorite albums. Glad I discovered it by the U2 connection, fell in love with it on it's own merits.
After I read both of your comments, I made a note to remind myself to check out Wrecking Ball.  I just finally got around to listening to the album.  I loved 2 tracks . . . . . where will I be? . . . . . . all my tears . . . . . . and so I bought them online.  Thanks for the tip, guys.   :D