Author Topic: Achtung Baby 20!  (Read 64865 times)

dreamerdon

Re: Achtung Baby 20!
« Reply #90 on: November 03, 2011, 04:14:22 AM »
Received the Super Box Set today. Arrived down under in excellent condition.

The sticker says its a "Limited Edition". I thought the Uber Box Set & The Vinyl set were the limited editions...

The whole is simply wonderful. Listening to the remixes brings back some fond memories.

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #91 on: November 03, 2011, 10:07:05 PM »
Just downloaded the first disc. Unfortunately for you Brad, the wav files are standard 16 bit, 44.1 kHz.
Each 'disc' is available as a zip file including the same tracks that are on the cd's.

Appears that my prayers were heard. HDTracks.net now has the deluxe version in 24-bit FLAC.  :o

slaneman

« Reply #92 on: November 04, 2011, 02:18:17 PM »
Dust off your DVD-A player!

Also, Edge solo acoustic version of LIB now available on the Uber Box download page. No voice-overs! Marvelous.

u2expert

« Reply #93 on: November 04, 2011, 11:33:32 PM »
Just downloaded the first disc. Unfortunately for you Brad, the wav files are standard 16 bit, 44.1 kHz.
Each 'disc' is available as a zip file including the same tracks that are on the cd's.

Appears that my prayers were heard. HDTracks.net now has the deluxe version in 24-bit FLAC.  :o

20% off promo code for hdtracks.com: 20offHDtracks08

Cheers,
u2expert

u2expert

« Reply #94 on: November 04, 2011, 11:41:15 PM »
... Edge solo acoustic version of LIB now available on the Uber Box download page. No voice-overs! Marvelous.

Any details about the quality?
I'll just have to wait for the 'From the Sky Down' blu-ray with the 3 bonus acoustic tracks!

Cheers,
u2expert

slaneman

« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2011, 06:50:19 AM »
Download page for Uber box offers mp3 and wav

And now for something completely different:
1. Can anyone tell me if Can't Help Falling In Love (Mystery Train Dub) is the same version as on the vinyl Salomé release?

They are the same

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #96 on: November 06, 2011, 12:39:30 AM »
As I said previously, I plan on buying the Super Deluxe Edition of Achtung Baby.  My budget just doesn't allow me to make this purchase right now.  But I've read some of the comments about the DVDs.  This post is based on the assumption that there is a problem with the DVDs for a US resident buying the Super Deluxe Edition from Amazon [US] and playing the DVDs in a regular DVD player.  If this has been cleared up, then let me know.  Otherwise, here are a few questions:
1.  Is it possible the correct DVDs will be in the Super Deluxe box set if the purchase is made in . . . . . April 2012 for example?  That's 6 months from now.
2.  Or will they just do the DVD exchange procedure from now on . . . . . even if the purchase is made in . . . . . October 2012 (an entire year from release date)?

I don't expect anyone to have up-to-date accurate answers.  I'm just hoping for your opinions (which are based on your previous experiences with this kind of stuff).

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #97 on: November 06, 2011, 01:10:06 AM »
I actually assume that both the Uber and Super Deluxe were both produced in limited quantities and will not be restocked, though I don't know this for a fact. I wouldn't hold out for one packaged with the correct DVD.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #98 on: November 07, 2011, 08:58:58 AM »
What's the story about the alternate (though not labeled as such) EBTTRT? It even makes an appearance on the 2CD set, which is odd as CD2 already has the FOOW mix. At the very least it has different backing vocals and additional guitar parts, the last minute and a half are very noticeably different, but it follows the original pretty faithfully.

I'd like to see yet another AB release, with all the songs on the album done like this - updated for the present but not radically reworked. :) Bring on the nostalgia!

It's the single version of EBTTRT isn't it? It was labeled on the single that way and in the initial reports about the box....

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #99 on: November 07, 2011, 09:03:25 AM »
Anyone have their Uber set yet? Apparently it comes with a download code and I was wondering what the content was. I only ordered the Super myself.

I've got the Uber edition since Friday.
So far the website for the bonus material doesn't work so I can't tell you what the content is.
I expect it to open in the next couple of days when AB is available worldwide.

The box is absolutely stunning by the way...

Just be careful with the box.  If you have all the weight in the top portion and have the drawer out, the weight of the book / vinyl etc actually causes the whole thing to start shifting...mine was that way when it arrived, and the drawer was hard to get out.

It appears they put it together with a sticky gelatinous substance, and not old fashioned glue.  I added a couple of spots of hot glue on the top area for support and let it dry and things are much more secure now.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #100 on: November 07, 2011, 09:10:04 AM »
As I said previously, I plan on buying the Super Deluxe Edition of Achtung Baby.  My budget just doesn't allow me to make this purchase right now.  But I've read some of the comments about the DVDs.  This post is based on the assumption that there is a problem with the DVDs for a US resident buying the Super Deluxe Edition from Amazon [US] and playing the DVDs in a regular DVD player.  If this has been cleared up, then let me know.  Otherwise, here are a few questions:
1.  Is it possible the correct DVDs will be in the Super Deluxe box set if the purchase is made in . . . . . April 2012 for example?  That's 6 months from now.
2.  Or will they just do the DVD exchange procedure from now on . . . . . even if the purchase is made in . . . . . October 2012 (an entire year from release date)?

I don't expect anyone to have up-to-date accurate answers.  I'm just hoping for your opinions (which are based on your previous experiences with this kind of stuff).

Why not call the customer service number at http://achtung.pushexp.com/welcome/ or send an email and ask?!  It won't hurt.  I just called and got my replacement disc sent out and didn't have to wait, it was a really quick call.  They could probably tell you how long the replacement program will go on.

I was told that the replacements would be sent out within a week, and that they would email a tracking number to me when it ships. 

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #101 on: November 07, 2011, 02:17:40 PM »
I was told that the replacements would be sent out within a week, and that they would email a tracking number to me when it ships.

I emailed them and got essentially the same response within an hour. If they really come through with replacement discs within two weeks, that's pretty impressive customer service.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #102 on: November 07, 2011, 02:26:46 PM »

I emailed them and got essentially the same response within an hour. If they really come through with replacement discs within two weeks, that's pretty impressive customer service.

Can we get these guys to replace the fan club operators?! 

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #103 on: November 07, 2011, 05:58:46 PM »
Aaron and Brad, thank you for responding to my posts.  I called the Universal Music phone number you provided in the link.  The employee told me:
1.  The ZOO TV: Live From Sydney is the only DVD that has a problem playing in regular DVD players here in the US (I initially thought the other DVDs were a problem, too)
2.  Both the Uber Edition box set and the Super Deluxe box set have the problem DVD of ZOO TV: Live From Sydney
3.  If I wait to buy the Super Deluxe Edition in 2012, I may be able to get a box set that doesn't have a problem DVD of ZOO TV: Live From Sydney.

I already have the original 2-Disc DVD release of ZOO TV: Live From Sydney so I'm not really concerned about this issue.  I was initially worried the other DVDs were a problem for regular DVD players in the US.  Hopefully, the employee gave me accurate information.  Thanks again for your help Aaron and Brad . . . . . I really appreciate it.

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #104 on: November 07, 2011, 07:01:43 PM »
I popped all four DVDs into my computer to check the format. The first three are NTSC as they should be and the Zoo TV Sidney disc is PAL. So at least in my set, that's the only problematic one.

The Zoo TV Sidney disc does play just fine on my computer, BTW.