Author Topic: I'm Not Your Baby from The End of Violence film  (Read 7327 times)

u2expert

I'm Not Your Baby from The End of Violence film
« on: May 07, 2009, 06:27:19 PM »
I don't remember where I got it, but I have an MP3 of 'I'm Not Your Baby' 4:25 in length (different intro, Bono's vocals start at 53 seconds). Does anyone know if the song appears in the film 'The End of Violence'?

The original soundtrack length is 5:49. It’s not the Skysplitter Dub mix on the Please single either.

Cheers,
u2expert

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
Re: I'm Not Your Baby from The End of Violence film
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 06:40:34 PM »
The song was released on Sinead O'Connor's  "Collaborations" album in 2005, but I think it's the same version as the soundtrack. That's the only other official release I'm aware of.

There is an edit on one of the "fruitleg" CDs; I assume it's fan-made.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 06:43:47 PM by Brad »

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 07:30:43 PM »
There is a demo version that was broadcast on radio - a rawer mix (more aggressive guitar and no sound fx) and a kind of aborted intro.

The mp3 I have is 5:04, but it really starts at 0:28, and the last 10 seconds are some radio guy talking.

Crayon

• Remaste(RED)
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 10:01:59 PM »
There is a demo version that was broadcast on radio - a rawer mix (more aggressive guitar and no sound fx) and a kind of aborted intro.

The mp3 I have is 5:04, but it really starts at 0:28, and the last 10 seconds are some radio guy talking.
I haven't been here for more than 24 hours and I've already realized two things I've lost somewhere in the shuffle (the other ones being the Pop samples leaked by Martin from Hungary). I remember Reno van Dael sharing this file back in the day, and now I can't seem to find it anywhere. *goes into closet to look for archive CD-Rs*

u2expert

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 01:36:43 PM »

Thanks, I just listened to all three versions on the Fruitlegs. Unfortunately it doesn't sound like them.

CHOKEBERRY - I'm Not Your Baby (Zahn Edit)
APPLE - I'm Not Your Baby (Skysplitter Dub)
PEAR - I'm Not Your Baby (with Sinéad O'Connor)

Cheers,
u2expert

Crayon

• Remaste(RED)
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 09:27:23 PM »
Could it be the track Carl described, cut at the beginning and end to make a 4:25 track?

I checked the Pablo Blue Mix and it's 7:57 so it's not what you have.

u2expert

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 09:30:04 PM »

Solved, it appears my copy of ‘I'm Not Your Baby’ was incomplete. Thank you for your help.

Cheers,
u2expert

miryclay

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 06:06:48 PM »
Both versions are fantastic...

They should have followed down the Skysplitter road

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2018, 02:49:08 AM »

Thanks, I just listened to all three versions on the Fruitlegs. Unfortunately it doesn't sound like them.
The webpage at   u2wanderer.org/disco/boot001.html   does not show any Fruitleg CDs titled Chokeberry, Apple or Pear.
Where can I find a webpage with a complete list of Fruitleg CDs and their tracks?

Well . . . . I came across a list of additional Fruitleg CDs at the following webpage . . . . . although I don't really know how accurate it is:
https://musicbrainz.org/artist/a3cb23fc-acd3-4ce0-8f36-1e5aa6a18432?all=1&page=9

Does the u2songs.com discography have a list of Fruitleg CDs?  I'm not suggesting it should have this list . . . . . I just don't know where to look.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 04:46:51 AM by dagobah »

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2018, 08:20:17 AM »

The webpage at   u2wanderer.org/disco/boot001.html   does not show any Fruitleg CDs titled Chokeberry, Apple or Pear.
Where can I find a webpage with a complete list of Fruitleg CDs and their tracks?

Well . . . . I came across a list of additional Fruitleg CDs at the following webpage . . . . . although I don't really know how accurate it is:
https://musicbrainz.org/artist/a3cb23fc-acd3-4ce0-8f36-1e5aa6a18432?all=1&page=9

Does the u2songs.com discography have a list of Fruitleg CDs?  I'm not suggesting it should have this list . . . . . I just don't know where to look.

After the 11 or so that are there, they became little more than compilations of fan made and third party remixes, and most were never pressed to CD like the initial titles in the collection, instead, they were just digital collections of mp3 files found on the net.

If you look at the Apple one it's a series of fan remixes. 14 tracks. One official remix, "Two Hearts" (Kervorkian Remix), and one done by a professional DJ "Streets" (Johnny Vicious Remix) and the rest are all things taken from the internet, poorly labeled in many cases such as a Paul Oakenfold mix of NYD.

If you want a look at whats out there I suggest the covers archive at u2gigs:
http://www.u2gigs.com/cover/gallery.php?dir=Audio-Covers%2FCompilations%2F01%20-%20Fruit%20Remixes%2F

They've got covers for the following:

Apple, Apricot, Banana, Blackberry, Blueberry, Boysenberry, Cherry, Chokeberry, Cinnamon, Clementine, Cloves, Cocoa, Coconut, Coffee, Cranberry, Curry, Dates, Dragonfruit, Ginger, Grapefruit, Grapes, Greengage, Guava, Huckleberry, Kiwi, Lime, Lychee, Mandarin, Mango, Melon, More Melon, Miracle Berry, Mulberry, Nutmeg, Orange, Papaya, Peach, Pear, Pineapple, Plum, Pomegranate, Potato, Raspberry, Starfruit, Strawberry, Sudachi, Tangerine, Tea, Tomatoes, Vanilla and White Sapote.

With close to 50 of these, I lost interest quickly, especially with new 'compilations' popping up weekly, and pretty much stopped doing anything with them after they stopped being pressed to silver CD. No intention to add these into U2Songs going forward as anything but a footnote somewhere that they are all fake, and not made for the fan club.

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2018, 03:36:32 PM »
After the 11 or so that are there, they became little more than . . . . . . . . . .
Thanks so much for the quick detailed reply.