Author Topic: "Please" live - recorded where?  (Read 4551 times)

FilthMasterFlex

"Please" live - recorded where?
« on: November 08, 2005, 08:38:42 AM »
I just grabbed the Please single off of iTunes, and I noticed that the live version of Please is the same version that is on the Best of 1990-2000 DVD. Problem is, the DVD says it was recorded in Helsinki and the single says it was in Rotterdam. They're both clearly the same recording though. Anyone know which is correct?

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 09:39:16 AM »
Well I can't speak for the iTunes version, but the Please single (CD) is definately not the same recording and no one before said it wasn't from Rotterdam (I haven't personally compared it to a bootleg recording) and it's been around for like 8 years.

I'd guess it's another error, much like how WTSHNN Single Version is actually the Album Version. What country store? If you're US it had to be off the Complete U2.

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 08:00:40 PM »
Well, I can confirm that the version from iTunes is the same as the version from the Popheart Live EP, which both say they are from Rotterdam.

The version from the History Mix DVD does sound like an edit of the same version.

FilthMasterFlex

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 01:29:54 AM »
Hey, I got a hold of a bootleg of the Rotterdam concert, and the recordings from the single and DVD are definately Rotterdam. Guess the DVD is the one that has it wrong then.

And I got it from the US iTunes store - not the Complete, though, they sell Please separately (it might be on the second page or something).

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 04:51:15 AM »
Ok, I haven't checked what singles were added to the US iTunes store recently.

I also haven't watched any U2 DVDs since I left so I defer to your judgement on this one.  I do remember watching it and thinking it wasn't as good as the rotterdam single, but perhaps that was just the mixing/computer (I've only watched it once or twice).