Author Topic: 2019 Subscription: INNOCENCE + EXPERIENCE LIVE, 2015 & 2018  (Read 26830 times)

miryclay

2019 Subscription: INNOCENCE + EXPERIENCE LIVE, 2015 & 2018
« on: November 20, 2018, 10:54:56 PM »
The tour was niether Innocent or Experienced.
Please discuss.

u2hmtmkmkm

Re: 2019 Subscription: INNOCENCE + EXPERIENCE LIVE, 2015 & 2018
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 03:29:41 AM »
Two tours but only a double CD, I have the impression this is going to be like Hasta La Vista x2, one show on CD, the other on the second, so they won't be complete shows. Would love a complete show but otherwise I'm excited for it.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 06:41:07 AM »
Two tours but only a double CD, I have the impression this is going to be like Hasta La Vista x2, one show on CD, the other on the second, so they won't be complete shows. Would love a complete show but otherwise I'm excited for it.

There’s a number of songs that repeated between both tours. Beautiful Day, Pride, Even Better Than the Real Thing, Vertigo, City of Blinding Lights, One, Elevation.

They could steer clear of The Joshua Tree stuff if the 2017 DVD is coming around the same time. So they have some options for what to cut. I think it will be more like U22 or From the Ground Up where it will be a mix of stuff and may not necessarily follow the flow of a concert...

miryclay

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 08:52:36 AM »
Strangely I listened to both Slane and Sydney Fan club gifts this week before this was announced for the first time in a long time.
360 (U22) had so many songs that they had to chop some off and making a setlist replica was difficult. Experience had a limited amount of songs so a standard edition would be easy to create. 
Personally, I would like a 3 or 4 CD edition with a heavy emphasis on SOI and SOE songs. I hope they make this gift EPIC. It seems like a quick turnaround for a book though. I have printing times concerns. This is U2.com remember.

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 09:17:43 AM »
I'm only interested in the music.  I don't care about the book.  So if anyone wants my book, I'll mail it to you as long as you pay the shipping.

George

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 01:26:26 PM »
Hopefully like with U22 and From The Ground Up, additional tracks that didn't make the cut for either CD will be downloadable.

I like this gift idea, but have trouble seeing how it fits well on just two CDs, especially when the 360 tour got three CDs worth of material, plus downloads, and still had several missing tracks.  I know that there was a lot less variation with these two tours within each tour, but collectively, I'm guessing, the variation is about the same as 360?

miryclay

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2018, 02:37:47 PM »
Hopefully like with U22 and From The Ground Up, additional tracks that didn't make the cut for either CD will be downloadable.

I like this gift idea, but have trouble seeing how it fits well on just two CDs, especially when the 360 tour got three CDs worth of material, plus downloads, and still had several missing tracks.  I know that there was a lot less variation with these two tours within each tour, but collectively, I'm guessing, the variation is about the same as 360?

EI 41 songs
JT17 31 songs
IE 54 songs
360 62 songs

All of these are full songs, not snippets.*u2gigs

George

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2018, 04:58:01 PM »

EI 41 songs
JT17 31 songs
IE 54 songs
360 62 songs

All of these are full songs, not snippets.*u2gigs

Hmm.  But how many different songs were played in the combined IE & EI shows?  I could look it up, but it's dinner time...

miryclay

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2018, 07:55:07 PM »
Here is my subscription fantasy selection. I'm using the Hasta! model of cutting down a tour to 14 tracks.

CD1

The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
Iris (Hold Me Close)
Cedarwood Road
Song For Someone
Raised By Wolves
Invisible
October
Bullet the Blue Sky
Zooropa
Volcano
The Crystal Ballroom
Mother And Child Reunion
Ordinary Love
The Troubles

CD2

Love Is All We Have Left
The Blackout
Lights Of Home
Red Flag Day
Dirty Day
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Acrobat
You're The Best Thing About Me
Staring at the Sun
Summer Of Love
American Soul
Get Out Of Your Own Way
Love Is Bigger Than Anything in Its Way
13 (There Is A Light)

morgan1098

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2018, 02:14:49 AM »
Am I the only one overjoyed that we're getting CDs again??? If this is a "mixed concert" affair like U22, then it's a win in my book. U22 and From the Ground Up were the best fan club gifts in the history of the club, so if this follows the same format I'm happy.

I mean, we could have gotten something like, "Coming soon on limited edition colored vinyl, two songs from I+E on Side A and two songs from E+I on Side B." I'm super relieved and also surprised we're not getting something like that.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2018, 09:01:51 AM »
Am I the only one overjoyed that we're getting CDs again??? If this is a "mixed concert" affair like U22, then it's a win in my book. U22 and From the Ground Up were the best fan club gifts in the history of the club, so if this follows the same format I'm happy.

I mean, we could have gotten something like, "Coming soon on limited edition colored vinyl, two songs from I+E on Side A and two songs from E+I on Side B." I'm super relieved and also surprised we're not getting something like that.

I'm overjoyed as well.  Vinyl looks great, but it's a pain to do anything with.  I am far more likely to pull out a CD to listen to casually, and it's far easier to scan for the discography LOL!!

We did that survey about the fan club gifts.  40% of fans that answered don't even have a record player.  Only 10% don't have a way to play CDs.  So from a possible use perspective the CDs probably make more sense among the fan base that answered.

I am interested in what they will do for a book.  If it will be more like the U22 book with a handful of images in a more magazine style appearance, or if they are actually planning on doing something more comprehensive like they did with the From the Ground Up book...

George

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2018, 09:28:16 AM »

Unique audio, on CD.  That's what I want and that's what's coming, so I'm certainly happy!  I think that the club's best work by far was done on U22 and From The Ground Up, so if it's anything like that, I'll be very happy.

miryclay

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2018, 09:59:35 AM »

Unique audio, on CD.  That's what I want and that's what's coming, so I'm certainly happy!  I think that the club's best work by far was done on U22 and From The Ground Up, so if it's anything like that, I'll be very happy.

FTGU was really well done. Not only was it official but essentially closed the door on any 360 era books written by third parties. I actual expect this to be epic as well but am worried about time constraints on the CDs. 

miryclay

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2018, 10:41:34 AM »
Here is a list of songs that were played live in 15+18 that have not been released live in any capacity. Feel free to ad some more.

Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Ordinary Love
California (There Is No End To Love)
The Troubles
Lucifer's Hands
The Crystal Ballroom
Volcano
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 10:53:30 AM by miryclay »

PatrickM

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2018, 08:59:43 PM »
Just for fun, I decided to give it a try on the tracklisting. I tried to give a Innocence/Experience concert flow on the list.

They have revealed six tracks on the news article: The Miracle of Joey Ramone, Every Breaking Wave, Song for Someone, The Blackout, Get Out of Your Own Way and 13 (There is a Light). Since they have played I Will Follow, Beautiful Day, Pride and Vertigo in every concert of the two tours, I have also included those.

CD1: The Miracle of Joey Ramone | The Electric Co. | Vertigo | I Will Follow | Beautiful Day | The Ocean | Iris | Cedarwood Road | Song for Someone | Sunday Bloody Sunday | Raised by Wolves | Until the End of the World

CD2: The Blackout | Lights of Home | Elevation | Even Better... | Acrobat | You're the Best Thing | Every Breaking Wave | Pride | Get Out of Your Own Way | City of Blinding Lights | One | Love is Bigger... | 13 (There is a Light)

25 tracks, with 12 songs from SOI/SOE.

Hope they don't go for the easy route and pick audio from Paris'15 and Berlin'18 only.