Author Topic: SOE Additional Non-Album "Official" Tracks/Videos  (Read 85433 times)

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
Re: SOE Additional Non-Album "Official" Tracks/Videos
« Reply #150 on: July 17, 2018, 01:41:20 PM »
So the release on Friday was as follows:

"Love is Bigger Than Anything in its Way" (HP Hoeger & Rusty Egan Chill Mix) - U2 (06:42)
"Love is Bigger Than Anything in its Way" (HP Hoeger & Rusty Egan Drift Away Mix) - U2 (06:42)
"Love is Bigger Than Anything in its Way" (HP Hoeger & Rusty Egan From the Heart Mix) - U2 (06:42)
"Love is Bigger Than Anything in its Way" (HP Hoeger & Rusty Egan From the Heart Radio Edit) - U2 (04:59)
"Love is Bigger Than Anything in its Way" (Myke Rossi Remix) - U2 (05:54)

The Myke Rossi mix was sent out for promotion afterall.  The other four were the HP Hoeger and Rusty Egan mixes. Those four are expected to be released commercially on Friday, but not sure if all four will be released...the Myke Rossi remix is labeled "Final 1" and the From the Heart Mix is labeled Production Master with a date of July 9, 2018 in the file name.

Article here on the Commercial EP expected on Friday:
http://www.u2songs.com/news/new_commercial_release_for_u2s_love_is_bigger_and_summer_of_love_remix

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #151 on: July 19, 2018, 11:31:35 AM »
There are three mixes being released commercially tomorrow:

"Love is Bigger Than Anything in its Way" (HP Hoeger & Rusty Egan Chill Mix) - U2 (06:42)
"Love is Bigger Than Anything in its Way" (HP Hoeger & Rusty Egan Drift Away Mix) - U2 (06:42)
"Love is Bigger Than Anything in its Way" (HP Hoeger & Rusty Egan From the Heart Mix) - U2 (06:42)

These are being released on iTunes and other digital store fronts, as well as on streaming services worldwide. They will be available after midnight in your own timezone. So if you are in Boston, you will not see them until it is after midnight in Boston, etc.

They are being released with the beachy sunset photo silhouettes of Bono's and Edge's kids on the white background.

We have an interview with Rusty Egan, one of the producers involved with the three remixes here, including some of his memories of U2 over his forty years in the music business: http://www.u2songs.com/news/love_is_bigger_rusty_egan_interview

The mixes aren't out yet for most of the world, but check after midnight in your own time zone and they should be available in most locations. Although some services (Amazon for one) is known to be slower updating new releases on their services.

George

« Reply #152 on: July 19, 2018, 02:41:16 PM »
I've updated the listening guide back on page 6 to include links to the three newly commercially released remixes.  They're on SoundCloud.  They seem to only be available for listening in countries where they've been released (I get a message saying that I can't listen to these mixes here in Canada as it's still July 19, not 20).

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #153 on: July 19, 2018, 05:43:58 PM »
I've updated the listening guide back on page 6 to include links to the three newly commercially released remixes.  They're on SoundCloud.  They seem to only be available for listening in countries where they've been released (I get a message saying that I can't listen to these mixes here in Canada as it's still July 19, not 20).

Yes, they won't become available until midnight in each region.  Most stores / sites are pretty good at having things available right at midnight, but occasionally some are later. Amazon is always a few hours after the rest it seems. Expect them to pop up on YouTube and Google, Spotify etc. 

George

« Reply #154 on: July 19, 2018, 06:03:24 PM »
Original post updated with the addition of the live performance of LIBTAIIW at the Radio.com beach house.

Every Breaking Wave from the same performance is also available on their YouTube page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdVIJNnzNQc.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #155 on: July 20, 2018, 08:51:18 AM »
Since we've spoken about the remixes a lot in here, just an update.

It's now confirmed.  U2 have their first #1 on the "Dance Club Charts" since "Beautiful Day" hit #1 in 2000. "Love is Bigger Than Anything in its Way" is sitting in the top position in the chart now on Billboard in the US.  The last time U2 were on the chart was with "Magnificent" in 2009, which reached #2.

40+ remixes, three remix promo CDs, multiple club nights to launch the single, posters, stickers and more.  It worked for them though...

(Still waiting on the box of goodies to arrive so i can give some of the above away...will hopefully get it soon...)

morgan1098

« Reply #156 on: July 20, 2018, 09:08:12 AM »
The Rusty Egan mixes are ace. Even though all three mixes are 6:41 and even though all three mixes begin and end with the vocal sample from the video, they're all unique and they really highlight Bono's voice. Old skool.

I expect to see new copies of SOE in the racks soon with a hype sticker that says "Contains the #1 Dance club smash Love is Bigger Than Anything in its Way." :)

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #157 on: July 21, 2018, 02:59:28 AM »
Original post updated with the addition of the live performance of LIBTAIIW at the Radio.com beach house.

Every Breaking Wave from the same performance is also available on their YouTube page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdVIJNnzNQc.
George, thank you very much for posting those links.  Concerning the Bono & Edge performance at this Radio.com Beach House event:
1.   Based on my quick research, they performed on June 30, 2018.  I guess they did it on their day off . . . . . in between their U2 concert in Newark, NJ on June 29 and their U2 concert in New York City on July 1.  Correct?

2.   Did Bono & Edge perform any other songs besides Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way and Every Breaking Wave?

3.   I discovered it was on Cape Cod, Massachusetts.  Well, Cape Cod is huge!  Does anyone know which town on Cape Cod it was at?  I ask because I document all my live U2 performance with the date and location.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 03:26:30 AM by dagobah »

slaneman

« Reply #158 on: July 21, 2018, 05:13:02 AM »
Did Bono & Edge perform any other songs besides Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way and Every Breaking Wave?

3.   I discovered it was on Cape Cod, Massachusetts.  Well, Cape Cod is huge!  Does anyone know which town on Cape Cod it was at?  I ask because I document all my live U2 performance with the date and location.

Good place for setlist info

http://www.u2gigs.com/show2157.html

BlueBlue

« Reply #159 on: July 21, 2018, 06:23:33 AM »

1.   Based on my quick research, they performed on June 30, 2018.  I guess they did it on their day off . . . . . in between their U2 concert in Newark, NJ on June 29 and their U2 concert in New York City on July 1.  Correct?

2.   Did Bono & Edge perform any other songs besides Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way and Every Breaking Wave?

June 30, 2018. You can find videos of all the songs performed on YouTube (search for: U2 beach house)

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #160 on: July 22, 2018, 04:03:47 AM »
http://www.u2gigs.com/show2157.html

You can find videos of all the songs performed on YouTube (search for: U2 beach house)

Thanks very much to both of you.  I sincerely appreciate your assistance.

George

« Reply #161 on: July 22, 2018, 04:45:56 PM »
Regarding the MINDSKAP Remix, I noticed that on the U2songs page for the promotional release, it mentions that it was planned for release but was held back.  It's particularly strange because the Citrusonic YouTube page has the mix up, so it's like somewhere between uploading the video on June 9 and sending out the mixes to DJs on June 11 they changed their mind.  Aaron - is there any word on whether or not it will be coming out?  Or any other mixes now that they'be got their #1 hit?  I'm curious about the Dirty Pop mix and my favourite of the dance mixes, the Brian Cua remix - I don't know why it hasn't been put out yet!

Also, totally unrelated, it seems that, strangely, the HP Hoeger & Rusty Egan Remixes don't have a "&" in the titles.  They all have the "&" on the U2songs site.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #162 on: July 22, 2018, 05:19:13 PM »
Regarding the MINDSKAP Remix, I noticed that on the U2songs page for the promotional release, it mentions that it was planned for release but was held back.  It's particularly strange because the Citrusonic YouTube page has the mix up, so it's like somewhere between uploading the video on June 9 and sending out the mixes to DJs on June 11 they changed their mind.  Aaron - is there any word on whether or not it will be coming out?  Or any other mixes now that they'be got their #1 hit?  I'm curious about the Dirty Pop mix and my favourite of the dance mixes, the Brian Cua remix - I don't know why it hasn't been put out yet!

Also, totally unrelated, it seems that, strangely, the HP Hoeger & Rusty Egan Remixes don't have a "&" in the titles.  They all have the "&" on the U2songs site.

The & was given to me by Rusty Egan when he was naming the tracks. So they got entered that way when we put them in. Will adjust to reflect how its named elsewhere in time.

The June 11 delivery was odd. Originally I was given the name of nine mixes going out in advance of things being sent, and the track times. The Jochen Simms ones were held until the 15th. The second Mindskap one never came out. Nor did the second Dirty Disco one I'm told, but still trying to confirm with a second source about that to see if it was missing from both versions of the promos. (The Dirty Disco Sunrise Remix may still be unreleased except for YouTube as well.)

So instead of 9 mixes that day, there were four or five depending on the Dirty Disco mix.

George

« Reply #163 on: July 24, 2018, 07:16:42 AM »
VibePosse uploaded their remix to SoundCloud yesterday.  That's not big news, but what is interesting is they also uploaded VibePosse OG Remix, which runs 3:48 (compared to the "released" version from May that is 6:11).  This somewhat answers a question for me, which is why the one that's been out for a while has also been called "VibePosse Dub 2.0" (I don't remember where I read that - maybe here).  Obviously it indicates that there was another mix before it, and given that this one is called "OG", I guess that this new one is actually the original mix that was done.  It sort of squares with what was said in their interview with U2songs last month:
Did you do multiple versions of the mix? Or was it just the one? If you did multiple mixes, why do you feel the one released stands out?

VibePosse: Just one version was worked on, but it was one that morphed a few times as far as the elements used and the energy behind it.

I've updated the listening guide post accordingly.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 07:18:25 AM by George »

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #164 on: July 24, 2018, 09:36:56 AM »
VibePosse uploaded their remix to SoundCloud yesterday.  That's not big news, but what is interesting is they also uploaded VibePosse OG Remix, which runs 3:48 (compared to the "released" version from May that is 6:11).  This somewhat answers a question for me, which is why the one that's been out for a while has also been called "VibePosse Dub 2.0" (I don't remember where I read that - maybe here).  Obviously it indicates that there was another mix before it, and given that this one is called "OG", I guess that this new one is actually the original mix that was done.  It sort of squares with what was said in their interview with U2songs last month:
Did you do multiple versions of the mix? Or was it just the one? If you did multiple mixes, why do you feel the one released stands out?

VibePosse: Just one version was worked on, but it was one that morphed a few times as far as the elements used and the energy behind it.

I've updated the listening guide post accordingly.

Spotted this one this morning but didn't have time to post. I'll fire off a note to them asking about this new version, and that '2.0' that was seen on the end of the previous mix.