Author Topic: U2.Com 2014 Membership Package.  (Read 49209 times)

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
Re: U2.Com 2014 Membership Package.
« Reply #120 on: January 15, 2017, 03:42:43 AM »
I thought the point of extending memberships until the end of January was to give the Fan Club time to announce the new gift and then people could renew to get the new gift rather than getting last year's gift a second time and then having to request the new gift when it is announced.
I wasn't aware of that.  In my case . . . . I have avoided renewing my membership because of the cost.  Instead, I have decided to pay for a membership only if the gift was something I was interested in.  Even the concert pre-sale code wasn't an incentive for me because tickets sold-out before I ever had a chance.

morgan1098

« Reply #121 on: January 24, 2017, 11:41:27 AM »
I actually resubscribed yesterday. I realized there was an option to select a membership renewal but wait for the newly announced gift, rather than get the serigraphs again. So hopefully it'll be something good!

dagobah

« Reply #122 on: January 26, 2017, 12:54:50 AM »
I realized there was an option to select a membership renewal but wait for the newly announced gift, rather than get the serigraphs again. So hopefully it'll be something good!
If it's not something good . . . . . will you still feel it was worth renewing your subscription?
If you plan to go to a concert during the new tour this year, how do you expect to buy a ticket?

morgan1098

« Reply #123 on: January 26, 2017, 06:05:22 PM »
I realized there was an option to select a membership renewal but wait for the newly announced gift, rather than get the serigraphs again. So hopefully it'll be something good!
If it's not something good . . . . . will you still feel it was worth renewing your subscription?
If you plan to go to a concert during the new tour this year, how do you expect to buy a ticket?

I'm optimistic that after a couple years of underwhelming gifts, they'll surprise us with something good again!

Tickets are also a factor. Much to my horror and dismay, the Joshua Tree tour is not coming anywhere near Colorado. However, as Ivanobe said, there's a chance we'll get more codes for an SoE tour later in the year. Fingers crossed!

morgan1098

« Reply #124 on: February 21, 2017, 05:23:36 PM »
With the revelation in MOJO that the new version of "Red Hill Mining Town" is earmarked for a "future release," I'm wondering if it will either be:
1) Another dang RSD-only vinyl
2) Part of the fan club gift for 2017

Thoughts? I guess it's always possible that it will just be a general physical or digital release, or part of a yet-to-be-announced 30th anniversary release of the full album.

Zbych

« Reply #125 on: March 09, 2017, 03:39:29 AM »
So everything is clear now that they have announced the JT30 package, no UBER this time, but kind of silly to have another re-release almost without any really new outtake etc.

What is new?

CD2 - Live at Madison Square Garden 1987 (known from Wolfgang Vault):

Where The Streets Have No Name
I Will Follow
Trip Through Your Wires
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
MLK
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
In God's Country
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Exit
October
New Year's Day
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
With Or Without You
Party Girl
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (R&H version)
"40"

tracks that in a traditional manner have been omitted from this show Spanish Eyes, UnFire & Bad

CD3 – The Joshua Tree 2017 Remixes

One Tree Hill 2017 Remix (St Francis Hotel)
Bullet the Blue Sky 2017 Remix (Jacknife Lee)
Running To Stand Still 2017 Remix (Daniel Lanois)
Red Hill Mining Town 2017 Mix (Steve Lillywhite)
With or Without You 2017 Remix (Daniel Lanois)
Where The Streets Have No Name 2017 Remix (Flood)

CD4 - The Joshua Tree B-sides / Outtakes

I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For – Lillywhite Alternative Mix ’87
One Tree Hill Reprise 2017
and the rest is like JT20 edition

They could have at least gone for DEMO versions (we all know cool Sweetest Thing demo).

morgan1098

« Reply #126 on: March 09, 2017, 10:57:48 AM »
I've never used my 25% off coupon in the U2 store before, but I'll probably do it for the 4CD release. I'm a sucker for The Joshua Tree. Take my money again, U2!

The "One Tree Hill Reprise" is probably the "Oh great ocean..." section at the end of the song. I can see how Eno could take that and make it even more ambient and atmospheric. It might be the "new" track I'm looking forward to the most.

EDIT: Nevermind! The coupon code can't be used on any of the JT new releases. Of course.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 11:09:47 AM by morgan1098 »

slaneman

« Reply #127 on: March 09, 2017, 08:45:31 PM »
It's deja vu all over again

http://u2wanderer.org/rtss/index.php?topic=958.0

I wonder if U2 had to pay to release their own show. I assume they certainly
have their own sounboard anyway. Too bad they cut Bad and TUF which are always 2 of my fav live tracks.

MartinTexas

« Reply #128 on: March 13, 2017, 03:39:08 PM »
I wonder if U2 had to pay to release their own show. I assume they certainly
have their own sounboard anyway. Too bad they cut Bad and TUF which are always 2 of my fav live tracks.

Too bad that they cut Spanish Eyes! It's song from TJT single - how it is possible???  :-\ It was close to release on U22 and Edge's Picks, but once again missed...

If we talk about complete setlist - not only WTSHNN (Single Edit) was not included, but also Where the Streets Have No Name (High Contrast Remix). They add so many new mixes (don't know how long this one are  :( ), but didn't remember about this from 2012. Sad, and stupid fan politics. They don't care about quality of thier reeditions. Wheare is R&H reedition??

morgan1098

« Reply #129 on: March 16, 2017, 12:17:34 PM »
Now that this huge box set has been announced, I'm even more curious about the 2017 Fan Club gift. For one thing, it was supposed to be announced early in the year, and it's almost April now. Hmmm.

I'm still betting on something Joshua Tree-related. But what? Best case for me would be another live show on CD... but a full show on 2CDs, not an edited show like in the box. And surely they won't insult us with more prints/lithographs, since those, too, are being put in the box set.

dagobah

« Reply #130 on: May 15, 2017, 03:41:48 AM »
I have a question about the audio of Bono from Side 2 of the second vinyl record of Another Time, Another Place: Live At The Marquee.  I figured . . . . . . by now, someone would have transferred the audio (from that vinyl) into a digital form and then uploaded it to YouTube.  I just searched YouTube and I couldn't find it; however, it is possible I didn't use the correct search term on YouTube.  Does anyone know if audio of it is available on the Internet?

U2Joshua

« Reply #131 on: May 15, 2017, 12:11:11 PM »
I have a question about the audio of Bono from Side 2 of the second vinyl record of Another Time, Another Place: Live At The Marquee.  I figured . . . . . . by now, someone would have transferred the audio (from that vinyl) into a digital form and then uploaded it to YouTube.  I just searched YouTube and I couldn't find it; however, it is possible I didn't use the correct search term on YouTube.  Does anyone know if audio of it is available on the Internet?

Check your PM