Author Topic: New U2 album SONGS OF INNOCENCE  (Read 91130 times)

pop

Re: New U2 album SONGS OF INNOCENCE
« Reply #165 on: October 28, 2014, 02:29:07 AM »
Which online store would you suggest for japanese edition ? cdjapan.co.jp ?

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #166 on: October 28, 2014, 07:08:49 AM »
I ordered mine from hmv.co.jp but i'm still waiting for it to arrive.  It shipped the day before release (Oct 21).  I've never had any issues in the past. 
There's also a Japan Amazon store front.  Best thing to do i think is shop around and compare prices.  Any should be able to send the same thing, but you might find a deal with one.  If anyone else has any Japan online stores they use in the past, feel free to suggest them.  :)

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #167 on: October 28, 2014, 07:31:44 AM »
The shipping from Amazon Japan was incredibly fast. I ordered it Wednesday morning and they sent it DHL Express from Osaka. They actually attempted delivery Friday afternoon but I wasn't home to sign for it, so I had to wait until yesterday.

I'm on the west coast, which probably makes it a bit faster. I've ordered from CDJapan in the past, and it has taken a couple of weeks.

morgan1098

« Reply #168 on: October 28, 2014, 09:45:47 AM »

morgan1098

« Reply #169 on: October 28, 2014, 10:51:59 AM »
Just saw the Japanese liner notes on U2W's Twitter. Ha! Typically incomplete. It looks like Universal Japan just made a guess about the musicians on Invisible and Crystal Ballroom 12" Mix since the only people listed are Bono-Vocals, Edge-Guitar, Adam-Bass, and Larry-Drums.

slaneman

« Reply #170 on: October 28, 2014, 05:52:06 PM »
The Sleep Like a Baby alt. version is a slightly different edit compared to other releases. It fades out abruptly at 5:18 and jumps straight into Invisible. There is a longer fade of whatever that background noise is on the U.S. version. I had previously edited the track down to 5:25.

I've edited my version to 5:17. I watched that wave file go on forever, barely audible except possibly to your pooch. I tore apart my PC sound card in vain. Maybe someone left a hair dyer on during the mastering session? Is there an alien greeting hidden there somewhere? Maybe if we play it backwards there's some message. Like...the walrus is Paul?

This whole deluxe version is full of editing quirks. Why one track for the US acoustic sessions? With these gazillion promo interviews, has there ever been an explanation?

God, Part II

« Reply #171 on: October 29, 2014, 02:27:29 PM »
Those of you with hang-ups over the single track acoustic sessions clearly never owned Prince's LOVESEXY album. The entire 40+ minute album is mastered as single track. Been a pain in my ass since 1988.

morgan1098

« Reply #172 on: October 29, 2014, 02:52:28 PM »
There's also Coldplay's Viva La Vida, which is really a 14-track album but for strange and pretentious reasons, the band combined 14 tracks into 10 on the CD.

miryclay

« Reply #173 on: October 29, 2014, 03:30:18 PM »
I updated the U2wanderer tweet from yesterday about SOI collections....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v4gvks8drjrcbmv/Screenshot-%285%29.gif?dl=0

miryclay

« Reply #174 on: October 29, 2014, 03:33:40 PM »
It possible that they wanted fans to listen as a whole. It seems the concept format is playing out here just like how some artists didn't want songs on iTunes to be split up or shuffled.

morgan1098

« Reply #175 on: October 30, 2014, 09:47:45 AM »
I updated the U2wanderer tweet from yesterday about SOI collections....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v4gvks8drjrcbmv/Screenshot-%285%29.gif?dl=0

FANTASTIC SHOT!!!

As for the acoustic sessions all as one track, I remain convinced that it has something to do with chart eligibility. I think a deluxe edition can only have a certain number of new tracks and still be counted along with the standard album.

Zbych

« Reply #176 on: October 30, 2014, 10:22:41 AM »
I think a deluxe edition can only have a certain number of new tracks and still be counted along with the standard album.

I dare to disagree, checkout Manic Street Preachers deluxe edition of last 2 albums - full demo album + 2-4 bonus tracks, each with individual index.

morgan1098

« Reply #177 on: October 30, 2014, 05:40:28 PM »
Fantastic tidbits in this Rolling Stone piece. At one point one of the album producers wanted to "mess up" Larry's live drum track because the drumming was so precise it sounded like a drum machine!

Also, "This is Where You Can Reach Me" was the first track on the album for quite a while. Plus some new tidbits on Songs of Experience.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/18-things-you-learn-hanging-out-with-u2-20141030?page=3

miryclay

« Reply #178 on: October 31, 2014, 07:16:45 AM »
I read that article and it was interesting. The iTunes deluxe edition has the acoustic tracks listed as single downloads coming out Nov 18 at American Thanksgiving.

I would imagine that this is because as Adam said they want to give the physical copies 'a chance' against the spotifies of the world which he said will come out at a later date. Having all of this music come out in multiple formats over time is just really interesting. When we look back it will be 'as a whole' which is neat.   

God, Part II

« Reply #179 on: October 31, 2014, 08:13:04 AM »
Oh, the 12" Mix of "The Crystal Ballroom" on my new Japanese CD is simply bliss. My preferred form of a remix, very much in the vein of "Lady With the Spinning Head" in that it is basically "the normal track with just more music added in" (as opposed to most DJ remixes, which totally alter the song's musical landscape). I don't think the band know what they have with this track, which is a much stronger one than many of the tracks on the album proper, which are already quite strong in their own right.