Author Topic: ::: It Was 20 years Ago Today!!  (Read 3563 times)

santiago2u

• starchitect...then, father!
::: It Was 20 years Ago Today!!
« on: November 27, 2013, 01:00:50 PM »
 ;D 

Best U2 show, ever. Not only filmed, but of their career...my motto is: "best U2 show is the one where you were on attend" but Syndey just blew my mind away, since I watched it on my old VHS to the glorious HD screening that will be held at home tonight. You're invited, guys.  8)

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
Re: ::: It Was 20 years Ago Today!!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 03:11:50 PM »
;D 

Best U2 show, ever. Not only filmed, but of their career...my motto is: "best U2 show is the one where you were on attend" but Syndey just blew my mind away, since I watched it on my old VHS to the glorious HD screening that will be held at home tonight. You're invited, guys.  8)

I was obsessed with this video when it first came out.  I couldn't stop watching.  Still to this day it's one of my favorites.

u2expert

Re: ::: It Was 20 years Ago Today!!
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 10:58:24 PM »
I remember being so excited about this pay-per-view concert. My first pay-per-view! Watching the preview with the MTV VJs broadcasting from the Sydney Football Stadium field and back-to-back U2 music videos!

I had 3 VCRs recording the concert at SP (never EP!) on a T-120, T-160 and of course S-VHS T-120. I've only intentionally watched the S-VHS tape once (for verifying) to preserve it.

Someday I'll transfer the S-VHS to digital, especially 'Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World' at glorious 420 lines!

Cheers,
u2expert