Author Topic: U2 covers album  (Read 18420 times)

yseilys (dead)

Re: U2 covers album
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2011, 09:22:48 AM »
Is it possible to have good scans of CD, Front and Back cover and inside the booklet... thanks

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2011, 11:52:39 AM »
i'll do up some scans, as soon as i get a copy of it.  there is still no sign of the import magazine here in Canada, and I hear that stores have been asked not to sell the CD in the US.

yseilys (dead)

« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2011, 12:22:55 PM »
Don't come with CD in France too.... my U2.com copy still not dispatch... I don't know when I will receive it...

santiago2u

• starchitect...then, father!
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2011, 01:24:09 PM »
::: I managed some tradesto get up to 3 copies of the Mag.  ;)

But, as usual with terrible service at Mexican Postal Office, none of them has arrived, either from USA and UK

A friend of my brother's on holiday in London, and she'll bring us another 4th copy by early 2011  :o

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2011, 05:16:22 PM »
Don't come with CD in France too.... my U2.com copy still not dispatch... I don't know when I will receive it...

I heard that people have started getting emails from u2.com saying it will dispatch in late November.

I'll believe it when I see it.  So far I've heard of no one who has ordered through u2.com getting one at this point.

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2011, 04:35:42 AM »
So is it going to go through a repressing, because at this point I'm sure Q has pretty much exhausted their stock.

I just had a friend in the UK send me one. Much more reliable than Live Nation.

bobni

« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2011, 03:15:02 PM »
Q has been released in The Netherlands last week. Unfortunately without the cd.
I ordered a copy of the magazine with CD from an eBay seller in the UK for about E 20,- (including shipping & handling)
IMO a better deal than ordering from the U2.com webshop and paying pretty much the same amount without even knowing whether your copy will ever be shipped...

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2011, 06:40:02 PM »
I actually have a subscription to Q, and I just received the December issue with the CD included. I was frankly surprised that they included it. The jewel case is crushed, but the CD and inserts are still in good shape.

It does indeed mention the samples that Garbage used in the liner notes.

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2011, 01:33:17 AM »
I'm really loving the Achtung Baby covers album.  There isn't one song I want to skip when I listen to it.  My favorites are:
- Damien Rice cover of One
- Snow Patrol cover of Mysterious Ways
- Depeche Mode cover of So Cruel
- Gavin Friday cover of The Fly

I wish the Jack White cover of Love Is Blindness was twice as long as it is.  But I would want the last half of a longer version to be softer and more mellow than the current version.

I wonder what the story is concerning Even Better Than The Real Thing.  The track on the covers album is a remix, not a cover, right?  I have other remixes done by Jacques Lu Cont so it doesn't seem accurate to consider it a Jacques Lu Cont cover.  I wonder if other covers of Even Better Than The Real Thing were submitted, but U2 just didn't feel they were worthy for the covers album.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2011, 07:52:15 AM »
I wonder what the story is concerning Even Better Than The Real Thing.  The track on the covers album is a remix, not a cover, right?  I have other remixes done by Jacques Lu Cont so it doesn't seem accurate to consider it a Jacques Lu Cont cover.  I wonder if other covers of Even Better Than The Real Thing were submitted, but U2 just didn't feel they were worthy for the covers album.

I know they were originally looking to do a single for Even Better than the Real thing to promote the new release of Achtung Baby.  They went as far as commissioning remixes.  This LuCont one and the Fish Out of Water one are both recent I believe...so maybe they knew they had some remixes that would be left lying around and never bothered at all with doing asking people to do that song...

I too love the Snow Patrol version of Mysterious Ways.  It's exactly what I expected from them, so wasn't let down at all...

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2011, 05:42:20 PM »
Aaron, thanks for the feedback.

santiago2u

• starchitect...then, father!
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2011, 07:57:33 PM »
::: My Q Mag + Cd arrive today --amazed am I --- in perfect shape!! :o

Not a single bent or tear, cracked case or stolen Cd.

I'm eating my own words: Thanks Mexican Postal Services, Matthieu yours already arrived?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 11:51:32 PM by santiago2u »

yseilys (dead)

« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2011, 12:53:54 PM »
Not yet... bought one on eBay yesterday... will arrive next week (I hope)

slaneman

« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2011, 07:46:37 AM »
I've heard that some of the U2.com orders are actually shipping!

morgan1098

« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2011, 12:55:37 PM »
I've heard that some of the U2.com orders are actually shipping!

Yes.  I got a shipping confirmation over the weekend.  I'm genuinely shocked!