Author Topic: U2 covers album  (Read 18413 times)

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
Re: U2 covers album
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2011, 10:43:31 AM »
Nice.

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2011, 01:30:54 AM »
http://soundcloud.com/u2mexico/one-1 here's the damo cover. well done, but a bit more straightforward, and unsurprisingly a bit more self-flagellating and depressing.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2011, 06:06:07 AM »
haha.  was just coming over here to post the same thing.  I really like it.  So far two for two on tracks I enjoy.  And I know I'll likely love whatever DM is doing...that's the one I'm really waiting for...Snow Patrol on Mysterious Ways?  That one is the one leaving me worried.

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2011, 02:38:30 AM »
Assumption #1:  The music on the U2 covers album will only be legally available immediately by acquiring the specific issue of Q magazine that the CD comes with.
Assumption #2:  This music is not the kind of release that would eventually be available for purchase on iTunes (US) or Amazon (US).

Are my assumptions probably correct?

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2011, 01:53:26 PM »
3) The tracks will show up on a U2 Fan Club CD five years from now.

nvh65

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2011, 04:25:54 AM »
I've seen the prices being charged on eBay and some people are buying them! I've listed some at a reasonable price and I'll ship them at cost.

dagobah

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2011, 03:46:13 PM »
nvh65:
Has the issue of Q magazine (that includes the U2 covers album) already become available to buy at news-stands in the United Kingdom?
How much (in US dollars) would I pay if I were buying it at a news-stand in the United Kingdom?  If you only know the amount in British pounds, tell me that and I can do the conversion using the Internet.

nvh65

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2011, 02:07:44 AM »
It's on the news stand on the 25th and the standard cover price is £3.99

I've preordered 50 of them and I might be able to get a few more. I sold 27 of them yesterday afternoon. I'm now being asked to source other magazines - not overly surprised looking at the prices being charged.

I've commented elsewhere about crazy prices. I'm covering my cost and making a couple of pounds to spend on other stuff, I have my Achtung Baby Deluxe to pay for, but I just don't get £16.99 plus postage.

Z000

• And I have no reasons, no reasons to get back
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2011, 06:19:32 PM »
Three tracks streaming: Zoo Station by Nine Inch Nails, So Cruel by Depeche Mode, and Ultra Violet by The Killers.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2011/10/check-out-nine-inch-nails-depeche-mode-the-killers-cover-u2/

The article says the whole album is streaming on Q's website, but has no link and I couldn't find it.

The only track on this album that's had me intrigued was NIN's Zoo Station cover, and having listened to the preview I'm disappointed. It's an okay cover of Zoo Station, but very uninteresting as a Nine Inch Nails song.

nvh65

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2011, 01:47:35 PM »
Available now on the u2.com shop. Sensible price - not sure on delivery costs. Costs for delivering eBay sales are insane. Postage to Chile is unbelievably expensive.

Z000

• And I have no reasons, no reasons to get back
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2011, 04:39:49 AM »
Available now on the u2.com shop. Sensible price - not sure on delivery costs. Costs for delivering eBay sales are insane. Postage to Chile is unbelievably expensive.

I don't see it. Is it gone already? :[

George

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2011, 10:45:20 AM »

I don't see it. Is it gone already? :[

It seems that way.  Annoying.

slaneman

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2011, 12:45:02 PM »
I ordered mine from U2.com 3 weeks ago and got an immediate invoice but nothing since. I've heard that some who ordered theirs got an email from Live Nation saying they were out due to high demand and more would not be available for 14 weeks.

I'm wondering if 'more' will ever show up.

Now, as far as buying it from a store in the US. I originally had gone to 3 stores in DC that carried Q magazine and even had seen copies of Mojo with CDs attached and even a Mofo with a 12-inch Pink Floyd vinyl. Those are still available. It seemed reasonable to expect the Q Mag with a CD might appear there as well.

However, one store has the latest Q with Bono on the cover but no CD. The others got nothing yet. It was easier getting WAIE.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2011, 02:17:44 PM »
One guy on another list i'm on are reporting that the CD was never cleared for release in the US, and stores are being asked to strip the CD from the magazine before putting it on sale.  If that is the case, I expect that some copies will slip out at places which just don't care and put it out anyway.  But you may have to check a few locations...the 'excuse' being used is some sort of copywrite issue in the US with selling this CD...retailers are being told to send people who request the CD to u2.com

So far no luck finding a copy here in Canada.  I'm waiting patiently for them to start to show but the previous issue is still on the racks.

As for u2.com - people are reporting ordering other items with the Q CD, and only the other items arriving, with no note on when to expect the CD.  I expect they are backordered and not filling orders.

dagobah

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2011, 10:17:42 PM »
I ordered the Q Magazine (with the U2 covers album CD) on October 24.  I went to U2.com, which provided a link to fanfire.com.  I did a print screen of each screen in my purchase process and saved them in a WORD document.  I always do this with online purchases.  I just checked it to confirm the following info => For this item product screen, it states:  Release Date: Late November

After I completed my online purchase on October 24, I received one email confirming my purchase.  As of today (November 13), I haven't received the Q Magazine nor have I received any other communication.  And that's what I expect because the release date was listed as late November.  If I don't receive the Q Magazine nor any communication by . . . . oh say . . . . . December 15, then I will be concerned.  Until then, I'm hoping that my online purchase will be honored.