Author Topic: 2:05 edit of The Saints Are Coming  (Read 7760 times)

Crayon

• Remaste(RED)
2:05 edit of The Saints Are Coming
« on: May 23, 2009, 10:07:43 AM »
I finally got around to ripping a Mexican promo called "Lanzamientos Noviembre 2006" and was pleasantly surprised to find that it contains a 2:05 edit of U2 & Green Day's "The Saints Are Coming". Has this been made available elsewhere?

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
Re: 2:05 edit of The Saints Are Coming
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 11:17:25 AM »
I have a radio edit that is 2:33.  Haven't seen this one.

God, Part II

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 08:16:39 PM »
Why would it be pleasant to find an U2 track that has been edited?

Crayon

• Remaste(RED)
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 10:12:18 PM »
The pleasure wasn't so much the edit but finding a previously unknown (to me) version of a song. Like the 7:56 version of THTBA or the alternative version of Zooropa. Or the Goldeneye outtakes with Bono on vocals. And so on and so forth...

sleus

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 02:01:32 AM »
The pleasure wasn't so much the edit but finding a previously unknown (to me) version of a song. Like the 7:56 version of THTBA or the alternative version of Zooropa. Or the Goldeneye outtakes with Bono on vocals. And so on and so forth...

Now you've made me curious. Where did you find the Bono Goldeneye? Please give me more details.

And about the long THTBA, maybe the discography section can be updated with this one. I don't think it's listed there yet.

God, Part II

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 10:59:15 AM »
Exactly!  An edit of a song is a waste of space to me, but stuff like this:

A 7:56 version of THTBA
An alternative version of Zooropa
Goldeneye outtakes with Bono on vocals

Where on God's green Earth do you find these gems???

sleus

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 02:08:17 AM »
I think the alternative Zoorapa is this one:

http://u2wanderer.org/disco/view.shtml?images/pr118-03.jpg

But if I'm wrong, I guess I'll have an extra jewel to hunt  ;D

u2expert

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 11:50:54 AM »
Now you've made me curious. Where did you find the Bono Goldeneye? Please give me more details.

I got my MP3 (160 kbps) of Bono singing GoldenEye from U2log.com around December 2004 as part of their annual Christmas gift.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_iTQ4135Xg

Cheers,
u2expert

Scarlet

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 04:15:46 PM »
sounds like an interesting find, crayon always finds the obscure  :D

Crayon

• Remaste(RED)
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 11:30:58 PM »

I got my MP3 (160 kbps) of Bono singing GoldenEye from U2log.com around December 2004 as part of their annual Christmas gift.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_iTQ4135Xg

Cheers,
u2expert
Here's a little more background for everyone's information. The Goldeneye outtakes were ripped and shared by yours truly on u2log.com a few years back, as mentioned. These studio outtakes were given to me on cassette tape (without catalog number) from an anonymous industry source - the B side of the tape had some to-be-released Stuart Copeland soundtrack, "Rumble Fish" or something like that. There were two outtakes, but I can't remember if I shared them both on u2log.com or one there and one at u2mp3s.com.

Crayon

• Remaste(RED)
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 11:40:37 PM »
Exactly!  An edit of a song is a waste of space to me, but stuff like this:

A 7:56 version of THTBA
An alternative version of Zooropa
Goldeneye outtakes with Bono on vocals

Where on God's green Earth do you find these gems???
For Goldeneye, see my previous reply.

The THTBA version I am still on the search for myself. I know of someone who has it, but he has declined to share audio/further information for fear of fakes being created, and I respect that.

As for the Zooropa version, it is on a late 1992 or early 1993 various artists promo CD. I'm sorry to not have details handy but I am going through my "unsorted" boxes in order to find and rip it. Once I find it I will share the info here. As far as I recall it wasn't a regular record label promo but some kind of syndicated radio promo.

sleus

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2009, 02:14:45 AM »

As for the Zooropa version, it is on a late 1992 or early 1993 various artists promo CD. I'm sorry to not have details handy but I am going through my "unsorted" boxes in order to find and rip it. Once I find it I will share the info here. As far as I recall it wasn't a regular record label promo but some kind of syndicated radio promo.
[/quote]

Cool! Perhaps it'll pop up as a bonus on a remastered Zooropa album, if that's ever going to appear

Z000

• And I have no reasons, no reasons to get back
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2009, 04:22:54 PM »
For those with... shall we say... liberal attitudes toward artistic copyrights, the Goldeneye demos have been included in the Fruitleg entitled "White Sapote." At least, I assume they're the same two demos.

Crayon

• Remaste(RED)
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2009, 02:09:39 PM »
I believe that this is the CD I have (a July 1993 release, it turns out). It doesn't seem to be available at that store anymore, though.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=L7C&q=%22hitdisc+002b%22+zooropa&btnG=Search&aq=f&oq=&aqi=
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 02:11:22 PM by Crayon »