Author Topic: 'The Batman' MP3  (Read 16523 times)

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
'The Batman' MP3
« on: October 26, 2005, 11:37:10 PM »
Thanks very much to Aaron for finding 'The Batman' theme song on the Warner Bros. site.  I had Tivoed the show and ripped the intro myself, but this is much better.

If you go to the site looking for the track, be aware that they have just changed the theme song for the new season.  The Edge composed this one:

http://pdl.warnerbros.com/kidswb/misc/BTM/downloadables/DWN_BTM_MP3_ThemeSong.zip

But not this one, at least as far as I know:

http://pdl.warnerbros.com/kidswb/downloadables/TheBatman_ThemeSong.zip

jimbo913

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 09:18:25 AM »
many thanks brad!

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 09:26:48 AM »
Yeah the layers of the effects are really interesting, and really come out in this version as opposed to streams, tv grabs, etc.

One interesting thing is the lag at the beginning and end of the song, along with the beep.  I set itunes to start and stop the song at these times:

0:07.2
1:10

I'll attach some artwork for iTunes that Aaron made.

update - ok, I won't attach it. I apparently disabled attachments a while back?  Here's a link to the artwork.

[Edited on 2005-10-27 by Carl]

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 11:28:47 AM »
Originally posted by CarlOne interesting thing is the lag at the beginning and end of the song, along with the beep.

Yeah, I assumed that beep was a cue mark that they use for producing the show or something.  I guess they encoded that MP3 straight from their production copy of the track.

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 11:56:10 AM »
Originally posted by Carl
I set itunes to start and stop the song at these times:

0:07.2
1:10

I found a utility on versiontracker.com that lets you trim an MP3 without reencoding it.  Used it to trim the MP3 at roughly these same two points.

I used MP3 Trimmer for Mac, but I'm sure there's something similar for the PC

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2005, 01:16:11 PM »
I remember something like that for PC years ago, but as I remember it had some serious limitations and UI issues... I seem to recall it being named roughly the same thing so perhaps it's been improved over time.

There are a few other songs I'd like to chop so I'll research that when I get the time.

magu2k

• www.u2outloud.com
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 11:03:38 PM »
That delay and the click sounds like a SMPTE trigger, basically for timing and synching audio and video.  It's not particularly important outside of the broadcast world really.