Author Topic: a man and a woman  (Read 5024 times)

Between Two Worlds

a man and a woman
« on: October 14, 2005, 12:18:00 PM »
I've compared the ABOY b-side version with the album version - the lyrics appear to be exactly the same.

I am unsure about the beginning of the line "... I could never take a chance." In line 8 (first occurrence of the line) I hear "And" rather than "No" and in line 43 (last occurrence) "Well" rather than "And"...

More interestingly, I seem to hear "For love and fatal sex and [or even: of]  fear" instead of "For love and faith and sex and fear". I am not sure what to make of this. I actually like "For love and faith and sex and fear" better but I do hear the "l" - maybe easier to hear on the acoustic version.

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 09:48:33 AM »
I agree with line 8, not 43... perhaps he holds the 'n' in "and" a bit longer which is similar to the 'e' in "well"

That is an interesting take at the end.  It is a bit rushed but I don't hear "fatal sex" (sounds like a cheap movie title). ^^;  The last "and" could be an "of/or" I suppose.

bloody_sunday

a man and a woman
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2005, 03:05:37 PM »
I think it has something about sex in it.

Between Two Worlds

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2005, 03:17:24 PM »
Sure bloody_sunday and welcome to U2 Wanderer! The question is not whether there is sex in it but whether there is faith. Is it

For love and faith and sex and fear

or

For love and fatal sex and fear

I hear "faith" a lot (teaching at a theological college) but I don't hear it here. I trust it's not a "fatal" mistake (all right, that one is rather cheap).