Author Topic: Congratulations U2Wanderer-Lyrics Back!  (Read 5812 times)

slaneman

Congratulations U2Wanderer-Lyrics Back!
« on: February 18, 2005, 08:07:34 PM »
Bless my soul. Wonderful news.

Between Two Worlds

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2005, 09:13:06 AM »
Hooray!

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
Congratulations U2Wanderer-Lyrics Back!
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2005, 03:09:11 AM »
It does feel great to have them back - though transcribing the live version of ABOY from the Brooklyn Bridge EP is something I've been avoiding, heh.

The license is provisional so it isn't like we're set in stone for the future but I really can't see them rescinding it either... that'd look pretty bad!

Between Two Worlds

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2005, 10:37:23 AM »
Maybe one day, someone will try to buy the whole set of transcriptions off you and sell it as PDF in ITMS... No, let's hope it's provisional until the end of the world ...

jimbo913

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2005, 02:52:00 PM »
good work on getting these back :)

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2005, 04:35:51 PM »
Well judging by past experience if something from the site went up in a PDF file on iTunes I doubt we'd get any compensation. :p  I think they were going to originally include lyrics in the PDF file or were at least thinking about it - they probably didn't as that would mean they'd have to deviate from published lyrics.

As is apparent in the lyrics transcription forum etc the lyrics are constantly changing over time, so putting them in a static document would be kind of silly.  One thing about sites that just copy/paste our content is that there ends up being little chunks of unupdated content out there.

I'm going through the lyrics transcription stuff again, though I should try to make this day somewhat productive.