Author Topic: ATYCLB Super Deluxe  (Read 9488 times)

George

Re: ATYCLB Super Deluxe
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2020, 09:50:44 PM »
Does anyone know what tracks have or have not been remastered?

U2.com says the 12 album tracks are remastered, and as Aaron points out on the website, it is the 2017 remaster tweaked.

The U2.com page also says, "39 additional bonus tracks, including remastered B-sides ('Summer Rain', 'Always', 'Big Girls Are Best', 'Don't Take Your Guns To Town')."  Do we know if any of the Disc 2 tracks remastered?  Or the previously-released remixes on Disc 5?

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2020, 03:40:05 AM »
George, I don't know the answers to any of your questions.  But I do have some info [that I only just now discovered] about the following U2 remixes in terms of their availability on the iTunes Store [U.S.A.] as of the moment I submit this post:

On the $29.99 ATYCLB re-release:
individual download can be purchased      New York [Carnegie's Deli Remix]
individual download can be purchased      New York [Superman Kicks Antivan Remix]
album only      In A Little While [Nightmares On Wax Remix]   aka [N.O.W. Remix]
album only      Walk On [Wyclef Jean Remix]
album only      When I Look At The World [Picante Remix]

On the $2.99 Trilogy Single:
individual download can be purchased      In A Little While [Nightmares On Wax Remix]   aka [N.O.W. Remix]
individual download can be purchased      Walk On [Wyclef Jean Remix]
individual download can be purchased      When I Look At The World [Picante Remix]

As most of us are aware, the In A Little While [Nightmares On Wax Remix] was previously available.  I only included it above because it's release circumstances are similar to the other remixes above.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2020, 09:14:47 AM »
So now that the set is out... is there any confirmation whether the album is indeed the same remaster as the 2018 WAV files from the vinyl-re-release?

It is not. It has been tweaked again. The mastering is very similar to the 2018 set, but there are multiple differences that can be quickly identified. Some modifications to the overall volume, higher highs and lower lows for volume on Elevation (more dynamic) and a few other things I noticed right off such as slight changes in track splits etc. Some tracks have barely changed from 2018, other are more noticeable like Elevation.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2020, 09:21:21 AM »
Does anyone know what tracks have or have not been remastered?

U2.com says the 12 album tracks are remastered, and as Aaron points out on the website, it is the 2017 remaster tweaked.

The U2.com page also says, "39 additional bonus tracks, including remastered B-sides ('Summer Rain', 'Always', 'Big Girls Are Best', 'Don't Take Your Guns To Town')."  Do we know if any of the Disc 2 tracks remastered?  Or the previously-released remixes on Disc 5?

All of the 12-inch sleeves can be seen here:
https://www.u2songs.com/discography/u2_all_that_you_cant_leave_behind_remastered_album_2017_master

All are listed as being remastered by Sedillo under the direction of The Edge. The live album and B-Sides album are also listed in the same manner.  So the whole thing has been remastered. The only exception? The tracks that are new to this collection, those are just listed as "mastered by Sedillo".

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2020, 09:36:36 AM »
At a Depeche Mode fan forum, I read comments about the live version of The Fly [from that Boston concert].  The comments were "I’m getting the 2 disc set mainly for the Boston version of The Fly which is brilliant" and "That is the one song I plan to download.  The new arrangement was stunning on that tour."  I have no idea what these people are referring to . . . . . . so I am going to have to watch the performance of The Fly on my Boston DVD [Disc 1] and compare it to the existing live audio track in my iTunes library, which is from Seattle April 24, 2005 [and which I acquired from u2start.com].
So I discovered that the first 1:30 of that live version of The Fly has a great chill intro with Edge on electric guitar and Bono singing.  From that point on, however, it seems like a normal live version of The Fly.  I wonder if this chill intro was unique to the June 6, 2001 Boston performance.  Anyways . . . . . . for me, that great chill intro made it worth acquiring.  To acquire the best sounding audio file, here's what I did:

I extracted the audio of The Fly from my Boston DVD using the DVD Audio Extractor program.  I then bought the digital downloads from iomoio.com and the iTunes Store.  It's weird, on the iTunes Store, for that live version of The Fly . . . . . . on the $16.99 ATYCLB re-release, the track time is 7:22 and on the $24.99 ATYCLB re-release, the track time is 7:56

I compared all 4 audio files and decided to keep the one from the iTunes $24.99 ATYCLB album.  Since the last 1:22 of the audio file is just crowd noise with the PA system repeating "Gotta go" . . . . . . I edited the audio file so that it's total track time is now 6:33

There are two different mixes of the live show...a 13-track version that fits on one cd and a 19-track version that fits on two cds. Due to the editing there are a number of differences between the tracks on each. But most of it is in the crowd noise or Bono's talking between songs and where is lands.

https://www.u2songs.com/discography/u2_all_that_you_cant_leave_behind_remastered_album_2017_master

Under "Additional Variations (Edits):" you can see the 1-cd version tracks and how they vary. Click on any title there in that section and you'll get the lyric page which allows you to look up how they differ over on the right hand side...

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2020, 08:09:21 PM »
Under "Additional Variations (Edits):" you can see the 1-cd version tracks and how they vary. Click on any title there in that section and you'll get the lyric page which allows you to look up how they differ over on the right hand side...
Yeah, I see that.  Interesting.  It's crazy that there are so many little details.

Panama Jack

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2020, 12:59:39 AM »
There are two different mixes of the live show...a 13-track version that fits on one cd and a 19-track version that fits on two cds. Due to the editing there are a number of differences between the tracks on each. But most of it is in the crowd noise or Bono's talking between songs and where is lands.

If you buy the Super Deluxe digital version from Qobuz, etc., the live show is continuous with no fade out / fade in for the disc break on the 5 disc CD version.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2020, 12:59:01 PM »

If you buy the Super Deluxe digital version from Qobuz, etc., the live show is continuous with no fade out / fade in for the disc break on the 5 disc CD version.

yes still working on the discography entry. Don't have the LP versions either. Those fade in and out at the end of every side...