Author Topic: Twitter Widget  (Read 3703 times)

BlueBlue

Twitter Widget
« on: August 30, 2019, 11:42:45 AM »
Congrats everybody to the relaunch of the site. I think it looks great. There is just two things I'd like to be changed:

The forum link should be more visible - perhaps on the very top between Demos and About.

The Twitter widget should be placed more prominent because it shows the most current news. I frequently check the site for news, however, I hardly scroll down to the Twitter widget. Though I find the News Specials valuable content changes not very often. The last entry is dated March 2nd, while the last Twitter post was 5h ago.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
Re: Twitter Widget
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 07:49:06 PM »
Congrats everybody to the relaunch of the site. I think it looks great. There is just two things I'd like to be changed:

The forum link should be more visible - perhaps on the very top between Demos and About.

The Twitter widget should be placed more prominent because it shows the most current news. I frequently check the site for news, however, I hardly scroll down to the Twitter widget. Though I find the News Specials valuable content changes not very often. The last entry is dated March 2nd, while the last Twitter post was 5h ago.

Most of our traffic goes from Twitter to the site, not the other way around, so we've left the widget in there, but moved it to the bottom.  At one point we left it out completely.  It may someday get a bit more prominence.

The top menu has to be redone at some point. We can't have more items in there than is there now without causing some odd effects.  Something had to come out.  The News Special section is a work in progress. The idea is to eventually have a random selection of news content from our past archives to highlight.  But the randomization hasn't been working.  The demos section is supposed to do the same.  When I get a chance I'll look at it again...