Author Topic: U2 - Live At BBC (Abbey Road Studios)  (Read 3887 times)

BlueBlue

U2 - Live At BBC (Abbey Road Studios)
« on: January 08, 2018, 07:44:29 AM »
I was wondering about the setlist of this recent concert. Aaron mentions in his excellent blog posts that apparently both Ordinary Love and Little Things That Give You Away were played. Neither one has been broadcasted so far or made available via Youtube. I'd be interested about the sources of this information. Did they really perform them? Or are these just fan reports who mixed up songs a bit. Would be great if Aaron could shed more light on this.

In order to contribute to this discussion I'd like to share the official setlist as seen on one of the broadcasts (I think it was RTE during With or Without You). Although you can't really see well what is written on it, it is possible to map the songs to the songs broadcasted by the various TV stations. While neither Ordinary Love and Little Things is listed there, interestingly, Every Breaking Wave seems to have been played twice. Btw, if there is somebody who can identify the words after the second Every Breaking Wave I'd be really grateful.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 08:15:08 AM by bluedater »

miryclay

Re: U2 - Live At BBC (Abbey Road Studios)
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 08:49:04 AM »
Can you post an audio or video link to EBW?

BlueBlue

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 09:43:35 AM »
Can you post an audio or video link to EBW?
Don't have an audio / video of the second EBW. It just appeared on the setlist.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 09:54:14 AM »
My source?  People who were there for "Ordinary Love" - they apparently did an acoustic version of it while warming up. Not sure it would have been filmed.

Source on "The Little Things" - U2.com mentioned it was going to be shown in one of the broadcasts.  They may have mixed something up.