Author Topic: Amnesty International Box Set  (Read 19248 times)

Zbych

Re: Amnesty International Box Set
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2013, 04:50:45 PM »
Amazon.co.uk lists the CD traklist with just one addition to previously released Get Up Stand Up 2CD set

iReleased! - The Human Rights Concerts - A Conspiracy Of Hope (1986)
Disc: 1
1. Redemption Song - Bob Geldof & Steven Van Zandt
2. Blowin' in the Wind - Peter, Paul and Mary
3. Now That We've Found Love - Third World
4. And We Danced - The Hooters
5. Native American - Little Steven & The Disciples of Soul
6. Love and Affection - Joan Armatrading
7. Cuentas Del Alma - Ruben Blades
8. Burn - Miles Davis
9. No One Is to Blame - Howard Jones
10. Amazing Grace - Joan Baez & Aaron Neville
11. No Woman No Cry - Joan Baez
12. Everybody Better Wake Up - The Neville Brothers
13. Hejira - Joni Mitchell
14. Rock and Roll - Lou Reed
15. I Love You Suzanne - Lou Reed
16. Walk On the Wild Side - Lou Reed
Disc: 2
1. For Everyman - Jackson Browne
2. For America - Jackson Browne
3. I Am a Patriot - Jackson Browne
4. Red Rain - Peter Gabriel
5. Shock the Monkey - Peter Gabriel
6. Family Snapshot - Peter Gabriel
7. Run to You - Bryan Adams
8. It's Only Love - Bryan Adams
9. Summer of '69 - Bryan Adams
10. MLK/Pride (In the Name of Love) - U2
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday - U2
12. Maggie's Farm - U2

13. Message in a Bottle - The Police
14. Every Breath You Take - The Police
15. Roxanne - The Police
16. I Shall Be Released - The Conspirator
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 04:54:24 PM by Zbych »

PatrickM

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2013, 01:12:33 PM »
More news from Rolling Stone: it seems that 6-DVD set is confirmed.  :D

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/amnesty-international-releasing-human-rights-concerts-20131007

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2013, 02:25:36 PM »
Looks like the only CD release in the US is a 2-disc compilation of all the concerts. I guess I'll be ordering the DVD set from Amazon and the '86 concert CD from the UK.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2013, 07:52:41 AM »
I just did the same Brad - thanks for making the choices easy for me :)

God, Part II

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2013, 09:11:26 AM »
OK, now you guys have gone and confused me. Are you saying there's a CD at Amazon UK that features more of U2's performance than the one at Amazon U.S.? I can't find anything like that when I search. What am I missing?

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2013, 09:59:02 AM »
Search for A Conspiracy of Hope.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/iReleased-Human-Rights-Concerts-Conspiracy/dp/B00EITW4LC/ref=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1382799477&sr=1-2&keywords=The+Human+Rights+Concerts+-+A+Conspiracy+Of+Hope

Or try that link.  It's a two CD set.  Being released Monday.  Includes "Maggie's Farm" which the US compilation did not.

George

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2013, 04:45:16 PM »
The 2CD set is also available as an import with Amazon.com and Amazon.ca.  Often an item can be found in various countries' Amazon stories just by swapping .com/.co.uk/.ca/.etc.

http://www.amazon.com/iReleased-Human-Rights-Concerts-Conspiracy/dp/B00EITW4LC/
http://www.amazon.ca/iReleased-Human-Rights-Concerts-Conspiracy/dp/B00EITW4LC/

Still, even with shipping, ordering directly from the UK store is better than ordering it as an import at the Canadian site (and similarly, I imagine, for the US site).

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2013, 01:23:51 PM »
Yeah, I never have figured out why Amazon charges more for something they can import in bulk than for individual overseas shipping. Ordering directly from the UK is usually faster, too, given the one week difference in release dates.

God, Part II

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2013, 07:15:55 AM »
Search for A Conspiracy of Hope.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/iReleased-Human-Rights-Concerts-Conspiracy/dp/B00EITW4LC/ref=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1382799477&sr=1-2&keywords=The+Human+Rights+Concerts+-+A+Conspiracy+Of+Hope

Or try that link.  It's a two CD set.  Being released Monday.  Includes "Maggie's Farm" which the US compilation did not.

Well, I'll be a sunofabi...  Boy, did you just save me a lot of wasted money and disappointment!  U.S. order cancelled, UK edition, here I come!

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2013, 01:32:08 PM »
So in the Spring of 2013 they released:

Get Up! Stand Up! on DVD (2-disc)
Get Up! Stand Up! on CD (2-disc)

Included were two tracks by U2, "MLK/Pride" and "Sunday Bloody Sunday" on both the CD and DVD.
There were bonus tracks on the release in Japan, but none of them were U2 tracks.
This was a worldwide release.

Now they are releasing a 6-disc DVD Set.
The DVD set includes the full concert from New Jersey including the tracks above, as well as "Bad", "Help!" and "Sun City", as well as Bono singing on the Police track "Invisible Sun" and in the finale "I Shall be Released".  Bonus footage will include Bono and Damien Rice singing "Walk On" and "One" from Electric Burma in 2012. Also included according to atu2.com is some old footage of some of the Amnesty acts performing at a bar after a show, which should include Bono.  This new version is being called "¡RELEASED!" and has a yellow cover like "Get Up! Stand Up!" did.

To accompany the DVD they are releasing a two disc CD set in the US and Canada. It contains one less U2 track, including only "MLK/Pride" and dropping "Sunday Bloody Sunday" which had been on the spring release.

In the UK they've announced a series of CDs to accompany the DVD release:
¡RELEASED! 1988: Human Rights Now (Blue Cover) - likely no U2 tracks - taken from the 1988 "Human Rights Now!" Concerts.
¡RELEASED! 1998: The Struggle Continues (Red Cover) - no U2 tracks - taken from December 10, 1998 concert in France - 2-CD.
¡RELEASED! 1990: An Embrace of Hope (Orange Cover) - single CD - no U2 content - Taken from Santiago Chile, October 13, 1990 concert.
¡RELEASED! 1986: A Conspiracy of Hope (Green Cover) - contains "MLK/Pride", "Sunday Bloody Sunday", "Maggies Farm" as well as "I Shall be Released". Omitted is U2's "Bad", "Help!" and "Sun City" as well as the Police with Bono doing "Invisible Sun" which are available on the DVD.

CDs are all showing "Made in Germany" on the back cover on the Amazon.co.uk site. So I expect it's a European wide release.  There is no sign of a release of these in North America at this time, just the yellow version.

The website humanrightsconcerts.com also says that there will be a digital release of 90 songs. 

http://www.crybabycry.biz/humanrightsconcerts.html may help you to sort this all out. 

Everything suggests that the blue covered CD is the Human Rights Now concert from Buenos Aires Argentina, and if it is there will be no U2 content on the disc.  I can't confirm that the CDs do contain that concert though, but it is the concert used for the DVD.  So pretty safe bet it was used for the audio as well...

God, Part II

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2013, 04:11:01 PM »
I may forego the CD altogther then, since it's incomplete, and just make an audio rip of the DVD. Haven't decided yet, but the CD has at least been downgraded to "don't have to buy immediately"...

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2013, 12:10:58 PM »
Looks like the DVD will include a clip from a 1986 hotel bar jam session. A Bongolese track called "Peach Jam," apparently.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/videos/u2s-lost-1986-hotel-bar-jam-premiere-20131029

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2013, 09:37:19 PM »
I got the Conspiracy of Hope CD in the mail today.

MLK/Pride and SBS are pretty much identical to the "Get Up, Stand Up" release. Slightly different edits so the track times are a few seconds off. SBS fades directly into Maggie's Farm. Bono introduces I Shall Be Released and performs on the track.

I edited some iTunes cover art for anyone interested.

Edited to add... Seems odd that I now have two different versions of Maggie's Farm on CD.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 09:54:51 PM by Brad »

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2013, 09:15:31 PM »
Received the DVD set today. I like the packaging; five individual slim plastic DVD cases in a slipcase. Conspiracy of Hope is a two-disc set and the rest are single DVDs.

So far I've just watched Peach Jam which is, er, interesting.

DannyG

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2013, 02:46:37 PM »
Anyone know who the artists are that perform the Japanese only bonus tracks on the three cd set ?

3. Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds (Japan only bonus track)
4. No Easy Walk-to-Freedom (Japan only bonus track)
5. Sanctuary (Japan only bonus track)
6. Let It Be (Japan only bonus track)