Author Topic: Pride: Live, New York, March 14, 2005  (Read 2892 times)

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
Pride: Live, New York, March 14, 2005
« on: November 03, 2011, 03:14:27 PM »
This is U2's performance of Pride from their Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction. I downloaded this from iTunes, but never realized there was a CD release of "The Best of Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Live." I spotted this today when I was in Barnes and Noble; it's a 3 CD set. Also includes the performance of ISHFWILF with Bruce.

B&N: Best of Rock and Roll Hall of Fame + Museum Live

Aaron, this also appears to be an omission in the "By Song" section of the disco.

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
Re: Pride: Live, New York, March 14, 2005
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 03:15:03 PM »
Looks like it was just released this week.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 09:35:23 AM »
Yup.  It's on the list of things that need to be updated here.  I have an extensive list of what needs to be up to date in the "By Song" section.  Was just waiting to see if anything else gets released as part of the Achtung Baby releases....working on that this week.  :-)

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 06:42:10 PM »
Here's some additional info I just discovered:
The 3-CD Best Of Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame + Museum Live (mentioned by Brad above) has a total of 51 tracks.  On the iTunes Store (US), they compiled 20 of those 51 tracks into a digital album.  Pride (In The Name Of Love) is one of the 20 tracks, but I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For is not.

Also on the iTunes Store (US), I found a digital album titled The 25th Anniversary Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Concerts (Live) [Bonus Track Version]
It has 54 tracks.  Nine of the 54 are U2 tracks, but Pride (In The Name Of Love) is not one of them.  I thought this was interesting since it is included on the 3-CD Best Of Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame + Museum Live mentioned by Brad.

Brad, thanks for posting about the 3-CD Best Of Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame + Museum Live.  I ended up buying several of the live U2 tracks from both of the above iTunes releases.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 01:46:09 AM by columbiaeagle »

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 12:26:57 PM »
Also on the iTunes Store (US), I found a digital album titled The 25th Anniversary Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Concerts (Live) [Bonus Track Version]
It has 54 tracks.  Nine of the 54 are U2 tracks, but Pride (In The Name Of Love) is not one of them.  I thought this was interesting since it is included on the 3-CD Best Of Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame + Museum Live mentioned by Brad.

The 25th Anniversary Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Concerts were all from one week of concerts in New York held at the end of the second leg of the 360 tour. (Oct 2009)  U2 performed with the Black Eyed Peas, with Bruce Springsteen and with Patty Smith and Mick Jagger as well as some solo stuff.  All nine tracks on this 54 track set are from one performance and one night.  Indeed all of the 54 tracks are taken from one of two nights in 2009, U2 only performed on one of them.  If you buy it as a CD, the nine U2 tracks make up a single CD.

Pride isn't part of that because it wasn't performed that night.  It was performed in 2005 at a separate show.