Author Topic: Fourth Horizon Single?  (Read 3356 times)

George

Fourth Horizon Single?
« on: March 05, 2010, 11:49:28 AM »
The 7" box that the UK record company sent out was intended to hold four singles.  It's now six months since Crazy came out.  Surely it's not possible at this point that another single is forthcoming, right?  Do we know what the fourth was supposed to be?  Is it possible that three from the album were planned all along, and the fourth is to be the one radio-friendly cut from Songs of Ascent?  Or is it more likely that, due to the band being unimpressed/disappointed with the commercial reception of the album, they decided not to release a fourth single?

Thoughts?  Facts?

Thanks,
George

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
Re: Fourth Horizon Single?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 01:21:58 PM »
At this point I really suspect that they've dumped the idea. I'm holding out hope that they are holding the release until the next leg of the tour.

There were rumors about Moment of Surrender being the fourth single, even a DJ reporting that he had been commissioned to do a remix, but nothing ever surfaced.

God, Part II

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 03:37:58 PM »
The popular belief early last year was that it would be "Breathe" but, yeah, after the tour got well underway, it looked like it was gonna be "Moment of Surrender"...alas, looks like both have dried up as possibilities...

miryclay

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 09:53:53 PM »
They have been extra quiet recently. I assume that they might have another single with the re-launch in June.

Makes sense.

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 03:31:22 AM »
FWIW, it looks like Mark Knight is still spinning his remix of Moment of Surrender. He used it to close a set he did for German radio station youfm on 01/16/2010. It's the most complete version I've heard of the track so far.

http://www.you-fm.de/index.jsp?rubrik=52357&key=standard_document_38589733

Maybe there's still life in it yet.