Author Topic: Re-Releases  (Read 4242 times)

Z000

• And I have no reasons, no reasons to get back
Re-Releases
« on: January 17, 2009, 02:38:54 AM »
I apologize if this has been done already, I'm new to the forums so I wouldn't know.

With U2's re-releases of Boy, October, War, and The Joshua Tree, I began to see the singles included in my The Complete U2 purchase rendered worthless. All the B-Sides are covered, and then some! ::sigh::

Besides (heh... pun not intended) the B-Sides, what extra tracks do you expect to appear (or do you want to appear) on the bonus disc to any re-release of the other albums? They're unlikely to redo HTDAAB anytime soon, or probably even ATYCLB. But the other five? Who knows, even Original Soundtracks!

My predictions:

The Unforgettable Fire
Wire - Dub Mix
All the tracks from "Wide Awake In America"

Achtung Baby
Until the End of the World (Soundtrack Version)
One (Mary J Blige & Bono)
One (Automatic Baby Version)
Some remixes of Mysterious Ways and EBTTRT

Zooropa
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Stay (Faraway, So Close!) (Soundtrack Version)
The Wanderer (Soundtrack Version)
Some remixes of Lemon and Numb

Pop
Staring at the Sun (Brothers In Rhythm Remixes)
I'm Not Your Baby (Sinéad O'Connor & Bono)

If they did Original Soundtracks, which I doubt since it's so unpopular, I'd like to hear some of the other material they recorded with Holi. According to Brian Eno they got a lot of stuff out in the short hours they had together. But I don't know if they'd do that.

Anybody else?

Scarlet

Re: Re-Releases
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 10:48:18 PM »
I have a feeling the next release will be TUF , and probably this year as a 25th anniversary in which case it will get the JT treatment with all the b-sides , and extras , maybe a few outtakes , and I'm hoping a complete pro-shot DVD , all in one nice Box.

some tracks that should be included

60 Seconds In Kingdom Come
Boomerang I
Boomerang II
Love Comes Tumbling
Bass Trap
The Three Sunrises
(Wide Awake In America - Live Tracks)
Wire Dub Mix

there are so many alternate versions from this era , hard to say what could and will be included , as well the album was released in 1995 as MFSL on CD / Vinyl , so there are alternate versions that appear on there.

This is one album though that deserves the full treatment.

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 02:41:33 AM »
Hopefully the alternate version of "Love Comes Tumbling" from the Aussie "Unforgettable Fire" single.

Z000

• And I have no reasons, no reasons to get back
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 04:20:16 AM »
That reminds me, I've heard a bootleg of a song from Unforgettable Fire recordings called "Be There." It was really good, I hope it appears on the expected re-release.