Author Topic: Who's who in "Pride"  (Read 12894 times)

MidMoU2Fan

• Where the Streets Have No Name
Who's who in "Pride"
« on: January 30, 2008, 02:09:23 PM »
So who exactly are the other people they're referring to in "Pride(In the Name of Love)".
I got the MLK references, and the reference to Jesus, but who else are they referring to?
Thanks for the help

miryclay

Re: Who's who in "Pride"
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 12:28:34 PM »
Its not a specific person per say in my interpretation....

Its more of a symbloic persons actions in reaction to events. Picture a group of men sitting around a table with little or no motivation. They are pretty much stuck in their sitautions. The 'one man' parts are how they react.....

Some fight the good fight while others lay over and take it.

When the others ask, "why did you act?" One man will say "in the name of love", "in the name of the father", "in the name of money", "in the name of social class".

It is their justification in the face of hopelessness.   It also documents the 'rise" and 'plausibilty' of social change using MLK as an example....

MidMoU2Fan

• Where the Streets Have No Name
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 11:05:28 PM »
Thanks for your help

AndrewThole

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 05:55:37 AM »
Its not a specific person per say in my interpretation....

Its more of a symbloic persons actions to in reaction to events. Picture a group of men reading avis sur phenq sitting around a table with little or no motivation. They are pretty much stuck in their sitautions. The 'one man' parts are how they react.....

Some fight the good fight while others lay over and take it.

When the others ask, "why did you act?" One man will say "in the name of love", "in the name of the father", "in the name of money", "in the name of social class".

It is their justification in the face of hopelessness.   It also documents the 'rise" and 'plausibilty' of social change using MLK as an example....

This is the best interpretation of the song that I've seen. Helped me understand the inner feeling of the song.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2023, 06:40:18 AM by AndrewThole »