Author Topic: Bono on American Idol 4-25  (Read 3985 times)

slaneman

Bono on American Idol 4-25
« on: April 24, 2007, 11:17:05 PM »
From the One campaign press release:

Tonight and tomorrow, one in ten Americans will sit down in their living rooms and tune-in to American Idol for a special episode called "Idol Gives Back."
We are excited to announce that Bono will be making an appearance Wednesday night on behalf of ONE urging the millions of Americans watching the show to join us in the fight against extreme poverty. Bono will meet with the Idol contestants to talk with them about ONE and the difference your advocacy is making in the lives of the world's poorest people. The Idol contestants will also perform "American Prayer," a song written by Bono and Dave Stewart about the AIDS emergency in Africa.
We need your help to make sure your friends and family are watching. Spread the word about tonight and tomorrow's shows! This is a great way to introduce friends and family to ONE. Invite them to join you in the fight against extreme poverty.
Forward this e-mail to friends and family and ask them to join today by visiting: www.ONE.org

Wednesday night's show will be a two-hour special hosted by Ellen and featuring appearances by Celine Dion, Kelly Clarkson, Gwen Stefani, Earth, Wind & Fire, Il Divo, Keira Knightley, Hugh Grant, Josh Groban with the African Children's Choir, Jack Black, Helen Mirren, Rascal Flatts, Quincy Jones, Carrie Underwood, Annie Lennox and many more.
We are excited about what the next two days could mean for the fight against AIDS and extreme poverty. Because of your continued support and involvement, extreme poverty is getting the national attention it so badly needs. When millions of people come together as ONE voice, anything is possible.
Thank you for your energy and dedication,
Susan McCue, ONE.org

slaneman

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 10:09:24 PM »
American Prayer
Written by Bono and Dave Stewart
Sung by: Blake Lewis, Melinda Doolittle, Jordin Sparks
Lakisha Jones, Chris Richardson, Phil Stacey
April 25, 2007

This is my American prayer
American prayer