Author Topic: the last cool collectible?  (Read 3716 times)

u2rob

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/thephillyfly/sets/
the last cool collectible?
« on: May 10, 2006, 10:00:01 AM »
So what do you think is the last really COOL *non-promo* thing that the U2 camp has given us?  If you ask me, all of the HTDAAB releases have been pretty weak.

I'd have to say that the last official CD release that I thought was something special was the France-only Stuck in a Moment CD single (the limited one with the cloth sleeve and the photo postcards).  Increasingly hard to find, but really just a *nice* item.  Two tracks from the live 2000 club show at the Manray in Paris that you can't get anywhere else but a bootleg make it that much better.

I guess the 3" German Vertigo/SYCMIOYO CDs were neat, though certainly not because of any rare/unique tracks.

And then as for commercial vinyl, the 12" Elevation double vinyl from the UK has a great cover and some very good mixes, but I feel that none of the releases since then have had any really nice artwork or interesting tracks.

Any other opinions?

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 01:34:13 PM »
Originally posted by u2rob I guess the 3" German Vertigo/SYCMIOYO CDs were neat, though certainly not because of any rare/unique tracks.

The COBL 3" contains a live version of Out of Control at the Brooklyn Bridge concert that is not available on any other release.

I wouldn't say that's enough to make it a "cool collectible," though.

[Edited on 2006-5-15 by Brad]

u2rob

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/thephillyfly/sets/
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 02:31:17 PM »
Hey, thanks for the info, Brad...  I didn't realize that the 3" single had a unique track.  I think I might try to track that one down.

I already have the SYCMIOYO 3" - maybe I'll go after the other two to make a "complete" set.

slaneman

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 08:57:50 PM »
I got the 3" COBL as a present. I'm not a collector and this is my only 3" so it seems cool to me, but I didn't know that OOC from Brooklyn was only available on this. I'll have to thank my friend again! :) Thanks for that tidbit.