Author Topic: Rattle & Hum Performance Dates  (Read 4396 times)

EdgesBeanie

Rattle & Hum Performance Dates
« on: March 20, 2006, 10:28:55 PM »
I recently recieved a cd 'Mountains & Deserts', Denver CO 11-7-87, that states "Rattle & Hum Outtakes." This doesn't make sense since the "Rattle & Hum" soundtrack says the Denver performances are 11-8-87. Strangely also is the "Watchtower" performance from the film/OST says "Recorded live...San Fransisco 11-8-87". U2 was in Denver for 2 shows during the Joshua Tree tour, 7th and 8th of November. Can someone clear this up for me? Could be a misprint?

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 06:05:19 AM »
It's not uncommon for U2 to take performances from multiple dates and include them on a video or album.  They are just trying to include the best performace of each song.  For example, the Vertigo 2005 DVD was recorded in Chicago May 9 and 10, though the package only says May 10.  Similarly the Elevation 2001 DVD was recorded June 5 and 6 in Boston, but only June 6 is listed.

I would assume that Rattle and Hum is also probably a mix of performances from 11/7 and 11/8.

All Along The Watchtower is from the infamous "Save The Yuppies" concert, which was performed 11/11/87.  The listed date is either a misprint or faulty memory.

EdgesBeanie

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 11:38:27 PM »
Thanks for the info Brad. The Rattle And Hum vinyl (lol) which I was recently playing when I noticed the dates does say "Save The Yuppie Free Concert" November 8th 1987 for Watchtower. It then must be a type-o. I didn't realize that San Fran show was so historic, but you recognized it, so thanks for the reply.