Author Topic: Sinéad O'Connor  (Read 2709 times)

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
Sinéad O'Connor
« on: May 28, 2018, 09:19:33 PM »
I failed to find an existing topic related to my question so I started a new topic.  The liner notes for U2 Go Home Live From Slane Castle indicate:  Bullet The Blue Sky chant sung by Sinéad O'Connor

OK, so the “vocal” at the beginning of Bullet The Blue Sky is Sinéad O'Connor.  Was she physically present at that September 1, 2001 U2 concert at Slane Castle?  Or . . . . was her vocal pre-recorded?

On a semi-related note, according to the Wikipedia page for Your Blue Room, her vocals on Your Blue Room at the September 13, 2009 U2 concert in Chicago were pre-recorded; thus, she was not physically present.

miryclay

Re: Sinéad O'Connor
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 10:40:56 PM »
95% sure both vocals were pre recorded.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 02:30:49 PM »
95% sure both vocals were pre recorded.

The Bullet piece was pre-recorded and used nightly during the tour.

She didn't appear on "Your Blue Room" in Chicago but was on another show that leg. She wasn't physically present, but was present on the video screen much the same as astronaut Frank DeWynn was for the performance in Chicago (both of these were pre-recorded I'm pretty sure...)

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 03:45:45 PM »
She didn't appear on "Your Blue Room" in Chicago but was on another show that leg.  She wasn't physically present, but was present on the video screen much the same as astronaut Frank DeWynn was for the performance in Chicago (both of these were pre-recorded I'm pretty sure...)
Aaron, I'm confused about the beginning of your reply.  You wrote She didn't appear on "Your Blue Room" in Chicago
So . . . . . were her pre-recorded vocals played during U2's performance of Your Blue Room in Chicago on September 13, 2009 or not?

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 04:11:10 PM »
She didn't appear on "Your Blue Room" in Chicago but was on another show that leg.  She wasn't physically present, but was present on the video screen much the same as astronaut Frank DeWynn was for the performance in Chicago (both of these were pre-recorded I'm pretty sure...)
Aaron, I'm confused about the beginning of your reply.  You wrote She didn't appear on "Your Blue Room" in Chicago
So . . . . . were her pre-recorded vocals played during U2's performance of Your Blue Room in Chicago on September 13, 2009 or not?

No they weren't. Sinead wasn't part of the song in Chicago. The song was done seven times. I saw it in Chicago and Toronto. Her vocals weren't present either night. Her vocals debuted later on the tour. The version on "From the Ground Up" from New Jersey does include her.