Author Topic: JT 30  (Read 3802 times)

MDuchek

JT 30
« on: December 05, 2017, 01:51:19 PM »
So I ordered the JT 30th Anniversary 4CD set from Amazon Warehouse deals for about $70 USD.  But what came in the mail was the vinyl version.  Debating what to do, as it seems like a good deal for the vinyl version but I don't really listen to vinyl.  Does it come with a download code for all 4 discs?  I haven't opened it yet as I decide what to do...

sawheaton

Re: JT 30
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 10:52:50 AM »
The vinyl version should come with a download code but it seems to be a known issue that all US boxes are missing it. A download card can be found inside the box but can be difficult to find. If you don't have one you can call in and get a code by providing proof of purchase. Universal Music Customer Services can be reached at FishersCustSvc@umusic.com or call 1-800-288-5942. It's the same customer service line as used to replace the PAL Sydney DVD in US versions of the Achtung Baby Uber Box.

With a code the download is available at the website below as 7 different zip files representing each record. I downloaded them as WAV files and transcoded them to Apple Lossless(ALAC). I can't remember if there was an option to get other formats. Just happy it was available in a lossless format since it is easy enough to transcode to any other from there.

http://redeem.thejoshuatree.com
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 07:20:43 PM by sawheaton »

miryclay

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 03:06:42 PM »
Here is my JT30 story. I was looking forward to this set because of the remixes but it came at a bad time of year. The tour was starting around it's release and I didn't have the conscience to buy a whopping box set of material I already owned while already watching them on tour. So, the digital release was a temporary measure.

I knew six months down the road the set would be cheaper and low and behold it was. I had initially been ready to snipe the CD boxset but the vinyl came up on eBay as a scratch and dent. I don't usually buy U2 album vinyl but this one was different. I already had the 2007 box set so CD duplication seemed pointless. The vinyl was 80USD with free shipping and some bonus tears.

It was bought from one of those liquidation sellers but that's okay with me. I find it hard to buy an album for the umpteenth time with little or no new bonus. I still think something is missing from this set but can't explain what it is. I am really looking forward to the vinyl as a compliment to the 2007 CD package which I really like. Sure it might have a tear or missing a code but it's all good. It's been a great year to be a U2 fan.

miryclay

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 04:17:42 PM »
Here is a copy of the stand alone Edge picture book:

https://www.arcanespacela.com/shop-1/4qff3v3sxqo1k69n1jdu5w1li3q39j

God, Part II

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 10:16:42 PM »
Bono keeps carping on about his fears of remaining musically relevant while this keeps happening tour after tour, LOL...

miryclay

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2018, 12:46:29 PM »