Author Topic: Website Relaunch  (Read 2518 times)

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
Website Relaunch
« on: October 31, 2013, 07:07:16 AM »
Hi All --

I know it's been some time since we've had an update on the status of the new site.  I'm sticking it here since I'm closest to the Discography piece.

The good news is it is very close.  Carl is working with the developers to work out a few little bugs that have slowed the catalog import, but once those are resolved, we'll look towards doing a soft launch with what we have available.  We will probably take a couple of weeks to review what is there before it is made public.  The launch will include the full lyrics database, the full discography including catalog information for all U2 releases.  Non-U2 releases will not have catalog information starting off, but we will add that quickly after we get going. Some items from the videography will be present (the U2 releases), but the extended videography will come later.  We are hoping to introduce a "By Songs" list for the videography as well as the discography and you'll be able to look at those separate or as one full list hopefully.

The information at u2wanderer.org will remain in place during this time.  We will not be getting rid of the old site until the new one is completely up and functioning and everyone agrees it is working well. 

The site will be 100% up to date, and I've made extensive use of the discussions here in the forum to sort out missing items, clarify different mixes, and to make sure everything is accurate.  Instead of just relying on old information already present in the discography, every entry has been re-researched, including chart data, and catalog information.  We are in the process of taking major steps forward in the images included in the discography as well, working at a resolution of 600dpi in many cases.

It's around the bend.  Hopefully the next time I write about it I'll be inviting those in the forum to take the first look.  Huge thanks to Mike, Brad, Don and Carl for their hard work on the site.  It's highly appreciated.

Aaron

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
Re: Website Relaunch
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 11:57:40 PM »
Thanks for the update, Aaron.   :)

bobni

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 10:39:40 AM »
I've always used this website as a reference to anything U2 related (besides http://u2discography.free.fr/).
That's why I'm really looking forward to the new, improved and ultimate U2 discography website!
Keep up the good work guys!!!!

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 12:04:31 PM »
Thanks.  :)

Catalog import has been done.  On the home stretch to being able to show off the contents I think.  :)

Scarlet

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 10:57:12 PM »
Looking forward to it, this site is the reference for most collectors, will be nice to see it updated  ;)