Author Topic: Brand New - SIAP - Printable Version  (Read 4273 times)

diverdown

Brand New - SIAP - Printable Version
« on: January 30, 2013, 08:53:43 AM »
Hello, Fellow Wanderers!

I was wondering if there might be a printable version for the Song List? Hoping to capture something simple in hard copy, as opposed to printing individual web pages.

Thanks in advance! Loving this site!  :)

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
Re: Brand New - SIAP - Printable Version
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 12:48:16 PM »
Currently no as it's all hard coded in html as is.  But it's one added bit of functionality we will look to introduce with the relaunch and should be easy to generate.  Hope to have the site relaunched well before U2 gets an album done lol. 

Maybe someone around here has done up their own individual version of that done already?!

Aaron

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 07:12:15 PM »
We could construct a view of this on the new site, but it'd be extremely large. Given that information on the site is updated throughout time a written list would get outdated... if you want an offline source of information I'd be more interested in finding some way to generate an epub, mobi, or pdf (though that could be printed).

diverdown

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 01:02:13 PM »
Thanks for the replies!

Again, thank you so very much for this site...really cool stuff.

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 05:31:55 PM »
You're welcome, it's always good to get feedback.  At some point down the road it'd be fun to look into making a mobile app or ebook of the site... I think that'd personally be the best way to have an offline "reference" copy while also making sure it can stay up to date w/o causing hundreds of pages to be printed every once in a while. I suppose we could be clever and have some system that can check what pages have been updated since x date so people can swap them out, but that might be overthinking/engineering things.

u2jc

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 09:29:36 AM »
Hi, was wondering when the new discography site, which I'm absolutely looking forward to, will be ready, if known of course?

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 01:26:18 PM »
Still working on cleaning up a few things before we launch.  Initially the site will include the lyrics and the discography.  The videography will be built after the site is live.  We are getting near to a point where we can launch.  No exact date but I'd suggest "months" or "weeks" rather than "years".  I'd like to have it up and running this Spring.  It's still dependent on the time of the participants...we all work on it in our spare time.

u2jc

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 07:54:22 PM »
Thanks.........and a great job you do!!

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 01:33:00 AM »
I should be back working on it in earnest in a week or so.  We'll most likely do a soft launch so people can make use of the new information but also work out some of the kinks before totally switching things over.

morgan1098

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2013, 12:16:09 PM »
I don't want to be holding things up with the launch.  If I am, please say so!  I haven't done any major editing since December, but I hope to finish off the albums soon.  I have a work-related deadline March 1, and after that I should be able to get back to edits for the site...

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2013, 01:35:36 PM »
No worries Don.  Not holding anything up.  :-)