Author Topic: \"Rock as hard...\" + \"Die young\"  (Read 14228 times)

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2004, 09:59:07 PM »
I don't hear either of those changes myself.  Thanks for posting what you hear, whether or not it goes into the archive or not everything is a part of the discussion going on.

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2004, 03:57:26 AM »
The album and single versions are pretty much the same, but there is a little voice at the end of the album version in the noise that is cut off in the single version.  Sounds like "die young" to me.  A nod to the songs roots? (native son)

Ugo1970

"Rock as hard..." + "Die young"
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2004, 05:35:19 PM »
I agree on the second one - it's definitely "Die young", just heard it on headphones. The first one, I think it's "Rock as hard as you can now." (Heard from the DVD version of the Vertigo video, always on headphones.) The last word is way too short to be 'tonight'.

rivergoat

• Parser
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2004, 02:35:36 AM »
Originally posted by Carl
The album and single versions are pretty much the same, but there is a little voice at the end of the album version in the noise that is cut off in the single version.  Sounds like "die young" to me.  A nod to the songs roots? (native son)

Well, there's a little more to it than those two syllables... there's a little blip just afterwards. After playing with it a bit, I ended up with a whole list of what could be said... and listening to it while reading each one of these, I could hear them all!

Dire Straits (with a heavy accent!)
Try it on three
That helps me
God helped me
Fly down to me
Fly lunchmeat
Die down.. great
No I don't... break
Die young please
Right on cue
Try it out for me

So, in other words, I have no idea... the first one I listed ("Dire Straits!") is possible if you hear a heavy Scottish accent like I did }:)~

I'll send a new file bit or two of this soon...

goat

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2005, 09:51:26 PM »
That really isn't very helpful you know.

Could you narrow it down to 2-3 you think most likely?